Slovenia Vs Scotland - Official Match Thread

Gordopolis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry but you can't blame the Scotland fans after Strachan stayed on for another's campaign despite not qualifying for euros then the start we had. 

Not a reason not to turn up for games didn't even sell out for Lithuania at home and it was a Saturday game. Wasn't Strachan that didn't qualify it was Strachan and the players

14 minutes ago, Tetragrammaton said:

Yet more negativity began with a bout of rage.

Why have you, conveniently, overlooked the fact that we were 3rd seeds in a group of 6? We finished 3rd missing out on goal difference only! 

Try answering without the rage and see if you can be a little bit positive, at least!

one mans negativity is another mans realism strikes me his post had a lot of truth in it rather than the negativity you proclaim, albeit he started it off with swearing. As for being 3rd seeds, if you ever hope to improve and qualify for a major tournament then we need to be looking to improve our seeding rather than matching it. Strachan made a horses ass of 4 matches in that qualifying campaign, and got lucky in a few others, his tactics were all over the place, his selection both team and squad was at times horrendous, and his general demeanour throughout the campaign frankly was of someone who thought he was above the fans opinions and that he knew better. Not unlike most Scottish coaches he has persevered with favourites rather than picking the inform players. Bannan, Mulgrew, Fletcher.D, Fletcher.S, Phillips to name but a few dont deserve a place in the team,, yet alone the squad. It's laughable that Fletcher has 80 caps for Scotland.

Can Tetra not just get banned for posting absolute shite in every thread he sours with his presence?

Our best players are Griffiths, Robertson and Tierney. Not one of them breaches 5ft 9.

This also confirms the theory that the one and only reason that Martin and Fletcher were routinely picked ahead of giffiths is because they're tall.

He is an utterly clueless c**t.

ETA - forgot about Stuart Armstrong who just breaches 6ft

Also ETA - This will be why Reynolds and Shinnie haven't gotten a second glance in the past few years as well.

How many of that team is going to retire?

Gordon, Russell Martin, Berra, Brown, Whittaker, Darren Fletcher, James Morrison, Scott Brown (again), Steven Fletcher (again), Alan McGregor.... a lot of key players and a sprinkling of dross.  I can't honestly see Strachan staying on after this fiasco, either.  A competent manager gets Scotland comfortably into the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, TartanTyneArmy said:

You could flip it many ways. We should have seen the England home game out. For me it was the 3-0 defeat to Slovakia. We capitulated. If we had only went down 1-0 in that game we would have finished above them in the table on GD.

Or even went for more goals against them with ten men

3 minutes ago, a1974h said:

Sorry but you can't blame the Scotland fans after Strachan stayed on for another's campaign despite not qualifying for euros then the start we had. 

You can blame them for the happy clappers after the last disaster. Strachan should never have been in charge for this campaign.

Just now, Tetragrammaton said:

If you care to look back I already posted that the Lithuania game was the one we suffered for.

And you've completely failed to address the point that's it's valid to hold that failure against Strachan.

See you later Strachan. Rofl at some of the pundits coming out with the stuff about how he'd proved his doubters wrong. Nope, yet again once it's actually in our hands. he's fucked it.

Such a pathetic performance for most of that second half. I wasn't expecting us to be pressing high up and dominating the game but it's inexcusable how negative that was. Slovenia looked bang average as well, it took Scotland being a bunch of wee baws shitebags to give them complete control of the game and two second half goals.

It's not exactly told you so territory because none of us can say what would have happened but you have to laugh at the posters who were calling folk idiots for maybe wanting the likes of McGregor to play in these games. You have to play the guys with loads of caps apparently. Fletcher's caps didn't stop him switching off at set pieces or shiting his pants when he had a sitter. Same old, same old.

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

You can blame them for the happy clappers after the last disaster. Strachan should never have been in charge for this campaign.

I appreciate the irony of them screaming negativity anytime anyone criticises anything about the national team, while throwing their support behind a pathetically inept negative manager.

Did anyone else watch that match and wonder whether Matt Phillips had won raffle to play? Is he normally that atrocious?

He was fucking awful on Thursday and today. Played 180 minutes though. Minter.

Does any ITK poster have any idea of what the home win against Slovakia and the point in Slovenia will do for our ranking? With a couple of sensible friendly game choices could we see ourselves in pot two for the next campaign? 

5 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

And you've completely failed to address the point that's it's valid to hold that failure against Strachan.

You'll have to explain that one? I mentioned the Lithuania draw as being our downfall. The reason was the players and Strachan. I didn't realise I had to spell it out!

On a positive note, the players and Strachan have to be credited for the last 6 results also! Don't you agree?

Only 35000 made the effort to turn up for the Lithuania game making it a crap atmosphere for the 1st home game of the campaign- I'm actually positive about the future think we have good players coming through just think we need that 1 world class or nearly world class player i.e. Iceland have sigurdson , Slovakia have hamsik Wales have bale players like that make all the difference. A year is a long time 2 or 3 players will come through before our next competitive matches

Does any ITK poster have any idea of what the home win against Slovakia and the point in Slovenia will do for our ranking? With a couple of sensible friendly game choices could we see ourselves in pot two for the next campaign? 

So we can get pumped by teams in pots 3, 4 and 5? [emoji1]

3 minutes ago, Shtuggie said:

Nations League seeding is based on coefficient.

Euro 2020 qualifying seeding is based on Nations League finishing positions, apparently - or coefficient if I've invented that.

Archived