Slovenia Vs Scotland - Official Match Thread

Gordopolis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ultimately we're on a decent run and the core of the side from that run will hopefully continue to improve with someone more competent in charge.

Brown will probably have one more campaign left in him (if he doesn't retire) Tierney, Robertson, Armstrong and Griffiths. I would add Ryan Fraser to that. Matt Phillips is only 26 and there surely must be more to him that what he has shown given he has done well at club level.

Friendlies MUST be played and Lindsay and Cooper given a chance at centre half - I just found out Charlie Mulgrew is only 31!

Our midfield still looks hopeful - just need to pray Griffiths doesn't get injured.

I had thought the Brown and Armstrong loss would mean we couldn't beat Slovakia. We got away with it because of the sending off but by f**k we didn't get away with it tonight.

Midfield just too flat. No pace, no dynamism, and not enough bite.

In the end, we ran out of steam, and didn't deserve to win.

For me, the 4-4-2 was a mistake.

I'm genuinely not sure whether Strachan going would be a good thing. He's clearly got the players playing for him but I guess his time is done.

I thought I'd got use to this feeling.

6 minutes ago, still_game said:

Scotland: Gordon (7), Tierney (7), Mulgrew (6), Berra (6), Robertson (7), D. Fletcher (7), McArthur (7), Bannan (6), Phillips (6), Martin (5), Griffiths (7)  seriously what fucking game were they watching,

TBF they got McArthurs shirt number correct :lol:

7 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

You've proved f**k all.

The laat 6 games are all, in isolation, good results. That run of form can be taken as a reason to be positive about Strachan. This does not however prove that people being negative are wrong, as the previous three games were abysmal, they were Gordon Strachan's fault and they ultimately cost us qualification. In spite of the good run of form we failed to qualify, this means focusing on the bad games and therefore  being negative about the campaign and Strachan as a whole - it was ultimately a failure after all - is entirely valid.

Yet more negativity began with a bout of rage.

Why have you, conveniently, overlooked the fact that we were 3rd seeds in a group of 6? We finished 3rd missing out on goal difference only! 

Try answering without the rage and see if you can be a little bit positive, at least!

Lithuania result at home was the killer, looking back.

Haven't seen the goals we lost tonight but said they were cheap ones to give away.

Bannan should never be in another Scotland squad. Cannot run and has all the presence of Casper the ghost. Phillips is murder too, promises so much and delivers nothing.

Strachan twisted when he should be stuck with formation.

Subs should've been Snodgrass for Martin. Forrest for Bannan and Anya for Phillips.

Hindsight is a great thing but the bottom dollar is Scotland just didn't turn up tonight. Why? You would need to ask the players and management.

Every 2nd match in double headers we don't seem to do well. Fitness has to be called into question, which is a disgrace considering.

Seething doesn't cover it.

Team was told to sit off obviously which was a serious mistake. Second half they got stuck into us.

i agree Darren fletcher was good but he did let man get a run on him for goal. But at the same time anything i the six yard box should be the keepers. 

Just now, a1974h said:

Team was told to sit off obviously which was a serious mistake. Second half they got stuck into us.

i agree Darren fletcher was good but he did let man get a run on him for goal. But at the same time anything i the six yard box should be the keepers. 

He was to blame for first goal and missed a sitter, he was best of a bad bunch.

The root of the problem is the SFA. They are the ones who pick the manager and are the responsible for the coaching, management and direction of grass roots football. Without a review or overhaul of the way that we develop young players, from youth to senior, it's the proverbial rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic.

Lithuania result at home was the killer, looking back.

Haven't seen the goals we lost tonight but said they were cheap ones to give away.

Bannan should never be in another Scotland squad. Cannot run and has all the presence of Casper the ghost. Phillips is murder too, promises so much and delivers nothing.

Strachan twisted when he should be stuck with formation.

Subs should've been Snodgrass for Martin. Forrest for Bannan and Anya for Phillips.

Hindsight is a great thing but the bottom dollar is Scotland just didn't turn up tonight. Why? You would need to ask the players and management.

Every 2nd match in double headers we don't seem to do well. Fitness has to be called into question, which is a disgrace considering.

Seething doesn't cover it.

Yeah I was sure we could win these last two games in isolation, but doubted we could run them both together in quick succession. Definite issue with fitness, mentality and management there.

10 minutes ago, Tetragrammaton said:

Yet more negativity began with a bout of rage.

Why have you, conveniently, overlooked the fact that we were 3rd seeds in a group of 6? We finished 3rd missing out on goal difference only! 

Try answering without the rage and see if you can be a little bit positive, at least!

Mate, don't talk about negativity when there's a big red minus under your display pic.

Shut up.

3 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

"Get big men and big women together. See what we can dae." - Aye nae bother Strach.

I'm willing to volunteer my services if it's for the good of the country

Archived