Slovenia Vs Scotland - Official Match Thread

Gordopolis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tetragrammaton said:

That was his last 6 games. If you don't like the answer, don't ask the question.

Thanks for proving my point about your negativity!

You've proved f**k all.

The laat 6 games are all, in isolation, good results. That run of form can be taken as a reason to be positive about Strachan. This does not however prove that people being negative are wrong, as the previous three games were abysmal, they were Gordon Strachan's fault and they ultimately cost us qualification. In spite of the good run of form we failed to qualify, this means focusing on the bad games and therefore  being negative about the campaign and Strachan as a whole - it was ultimately a failure after all - is entirely valid.

Don't think we'd have got past the play-offs anyway - it's another level (obviously) but to be put out by a dodgy Italian penalty or whoever we would have faced would have been much harder to take. Too used to this now I suppose after being in France in '98.

11 minutes ago, killie_lad said:

Listening to BBC Scotland and they've all been complaining about waiting too late, no freshening things up, bizarre player choices, stubbornness etc then on the discussion of GS, Michael Stewart is beating around the bush about whether he should go and that he's a good manager (talk about a fucking contradiction when everything you've just said proves otherwise). The others are now saying how we went on a good run and talking about how close we were. As big a shitebags as the national team   

Thing is, Strachan did get the players playing for him, which Levein, Burley and Vogts couldn't.

Against that, his arrogance and stubborness in team selection cost us this campaign. Remember the shite he was spraffing this time last year about not playing Griffiths because he was too small? 

Honestly think Scotland's improvement this year is pretty much down to Brendan Rogers. 

How can anyone still complain about the Lithuania game after witnessing that? The most we can hope for is to go into the last game with it still in our hands. We had that opportunity tonight and threw it away. Fucking Lithuania. Geez peace.

At any other time today's result would be fantastic. Lithuania is the issue.

I think Fletcher played well in the last 2 games likely he will retire now but don't understand people who said he was shite the last 2 gamed.

Thought Tierney was of his game the two matches not surprising as he's playing out of position. Overall all the last 6 games have been good we fucked it up at the start of the campaign.

For nations cup would like to see mcginn mcgregor archer Lindsay etc get some more game time as the likes of Fletcher Morrison Mulgrew Gordon brown coming to the end of there Scotland careers.

brown has been one of the consistent failures attached the scotlands longest run between major finals, just cause he comes in and looks better than the rest doesnt mean he is good enough to get us to a finals
Both Fletchers, Brown, Berra, Mulgrew etc are all now failures under at least 3 managers if not more, time to try something different

You could say the same about Ryan Giggs.

Thought Darren fletcher was excellent and our best by miles but had a huge mistake for their first goal letting his man run. Bannan got pass marks for me. Actually thought martin played well but should never have started. Why you'd change to a 442 baffles me. 

Archived