Slovenia Vs Scotland - Official Match Thread

Gordopolis

I'm sorry, but he has to go. The fact of the matter is he's failed to get us to two major tournaments in quite spectacular fashion. Did we come close to play-offs in each? Yes we did. Did we play well? Reasonably. However that is not enough. Need someone to take us to that next level. Is there someone out there that can? Unsure. Strachan isn't the answer though.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Set up was stupid, but somehow worked as Slovenia didn't show up first half, they made some changes, Strachan reacted by reverting to type and drying to defend the lead by removing our only outball in favour of a speed-merchant who doesn't play at club level, Slovenia scoring, somehow, had absolutely no effect on this plan.

He then decided to do absolutely nothing and hope that this tactic, which clearly wasn't working, would work. Unsurprisngly it did not and Slovenia scored again.

Strachan then seemed to be frozen by this and waited the better part of 10 minutes to actually react and make a change, he then decided to wait until the 80th minute to actually bring on another striker.

How anyone can support that c**t is utterly beyond me, probably the kind of c***s that vote tory because they're the kind of fuckwits that get pissed on and think it's raining.

Could have easily said that myself 

3 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Yes we went back to too much of the many time failures dads army tonight

i don't get the fletcher sub , why not bring on mcgregor or forrest they are more of a goal threat than fletcher.

who would take the job?? i'd be surprised if strachan doesnt resign

We went for it with that starting line-up, and put in a great away defensive performance to protect a lead we probably deserved. Slovenia improved, we didn't, and when we follow up the equaliser by taking off Martin for a fucking winger, it was only going one way. We looked tired, We looked lightweight, and we let ourselves get utterly bullied by a side that wanted it more. The substitutions were baffling but it's hardly Strachan getting the whole blame here. Insipid stuff.

6 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Indeed. We won on Thursday in spite of Strachan rather because of him and while you don't care about that if you do shitfest your way to results, ultimately that piece of luck wasn't enough to make up for the absolute disaster he caused in three games in this group. That ended our chances of qualification and he has to be held responsible for it.

One day you'll come up with a constructive post. Nah! I take that back. Everything's negative with you.

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Really? Who was saying that?

Mrs Strachan, the night after the game.

I'd imagine he's quite high-maintenance.

1 minute ago, Falcor Roar said:

If you can't beat Slovenia when it comes to the crunch then the bottom line is you've no business being at a world cup finals.

Since the last time we qualified for a major final wc98, Slovenia have qualified for three major finals, we have done well to get above them in the rankings.

2 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I'm sorry, but he has to go. The fact of the matter is he's failed to get us to two major tournaments in quite spectacular fashion. Did we come close to play-offs in each? Yes we did. Did we play well? Reasonably. However that is not enough. Need someone to take us to that next level. Is there someone out there that can? Unsure. Strachan isn't the answer though.

David moyes

We took 1pt from England. We took 3pts from Slovakia. We took 4pts from Slovenia. We took 6pts from Malta. We won in Lithuania.

We failed to progress because we failed to beat Lithuania at home in a game Strachan said before, and since, was not a "must-win". It has proved a must-win. We didn't win.

Just now, HibeeJibee said:

We took 1pt from England. We took 3pts from Slovakia. We took 4pts from Slovenia. We took 6pts from Malta. We won in Lithuania.

We failed to progress because we failed to beat Lithuania at home in a game Strachan said before, and since, was not a "must-win". It has proved a must-win. We didn't win.

We failed to progress because we didn't win tonight. The Lithuania result was bad, but we recovered and gave ourselves all the chance we needed. Tonight was the game that killed us.

Wait a second, are you telling me that james forrest was on the bench the whole game while fucking phillips was playing like that?

and he brought on Anya, Fletcher and Snodgrass when he had McGregor, Forrest and McGinn sitting on the bench?

3 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

The players should be made to watch that back and note how much more the game apparently meant to the Slovenians. Bizarre attitude from us in such a game.

Manager must have clearly told them to sit off

Archived