Slovenia Vs Scotland - Official Match Thread

Gordopolis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In isolation a point against Slovenia away is a perfectly good result. Slovenia are a decent side and have qualified more recently than we have.

1 point against England probably what was expected.
3 points against Slovakia was expected.
4 points against Slovenia probably slightly more than expected.
4 points against Lithuania was the problem.

We should expect to beat Slovenia when they have nothing to plat for....and when we are a goal up at the interval.

England was worse for me, yes they are better than us but to crumble like that just shows how shite of a mentality we have. If we'd picked up the 3 against Lithuania we'd have found somewhere else to throw away points

Couldn’t have said it any better. People always witter on about how good or bad a result is on paper. 2-2 with England is by no means a bad result, but when you’re 2-1 up in injury time it’s pretty bad. Likewise, a performance like tonight when you need to beat a team playing for nothing is poor.

1 minute ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd String said:

Let's just face it. We are a pathetic footballing nation.

We're not. We just had a poor manager who picked the wrong players in the wrong system.

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I've said this a dozen times already, but I'm giving up football, it's s***e and the only thing you invest a small fortune in in the knowledge you'll probably be crushingly disappointed.

Until Morton next week anyway.

No contradiction.

3 minutes ago, Scosha said:

If only Armstrong had passed it left against England. Stupid c**t. 

True, but when the ball came in Mulgrew was ball watching to let Kane in.  Any ball into our box is hold the breath time as shown again just now.

If I could be positive for a second...

We drew 2-2 away from home against a team who hadn't conceded at home in the group, and were one of our main rivals for the qualification spots, while being absolutely dreadful.

We're also now 6 competitive games unbeaten. There are improvements.

That being said, we have absolutely fucked it by being shite for the first 40 minutes of the 2nd half.

Set up was stupid, but somehow worked as Slovenia didn't show up first half, they made some changes, Strachan reacted by reverting to type and drying to defend the lead by removing our only outball in favour of a speed-merchant who doesn't play at club level, Slovenia scoring, somehow, had absolutely no effect on this plan.

He then decided to do absolutely nothing and hope that this tactic, which clearly wasn't working, would work. Unsurprisngly it did not and Slovenia scored again.

Strachan then seemed to be frozen by this and waited the better part of 10 minutes to actually react and make a change, he then decided to wait until the 80th minute to actually bring on another striker.

How anyone can support that c**t is utterly beyond me, probably the kind of c***s that vote tory because they're the kind of fuckwits that get pissed on and think it's raining.

4 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Nonsense. WGS was very lucky on Thursday night. 

Indeed. We won on Thursday in spite of Strachan rather because of him and while you don't care about that if you do shitfest your way to results, ultimately that piece of luck wasn't enough to make up for the absolute disaster he caused in three games in this group. That ended our chances of qualification and he has to be held responsible for it.

be interesting to see who comes in for strachan if he does leave but i'd like to see the form players playing , why no forrest? mcginn? mcgregor? all these guys playing well and regularly we need someone brave enough to play them.

anyway whens the draw for 2020?  :rolleyes:

Archived