Slovenia Vs Scotland - Official Match Thread

Gordopolis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again brainless lickspittles will say we missed out because the players aren't good enough and no other manager could possibly do better, when in reality we once again missed out on qualification due to dropping points to a minnow who we have considerably better players than as a result of a scandalously incompetent manager.

Never mind considering foreign managers, I'm tempted to say we should never appoint a Scottish manager again.

I've said this a dozen times already, but I'm giving up football, it's s***e and the only thing you invest a small fortune in in the knowledge you'll probably be crushingly disappointed.

Until Morton next week anyway.

Just now, Lex said:

In isolation a point against Slovenia away is a perfectly good result. Slovenia are a decent side and have qualified more recently than we have.

1 point against England probably what was expected.
3 points against Slovakia was expected.
4 points against Slovenia probably slightly more than expected.
4 points against Lithuania was the problem.

Exactly! The Lithuania game was THE problem!

In isolation a point against Slovenia away is a perfectly good result. Slovenia are a decent side and have qualified more recently than we have.

1 point against England probably what was expected.
3 points against Slovakia was expected.
4 points against Slovenia probably slightly more than expected.
4 points against Lithuania was the problem.

Games aren’t taken in isolation though. We didn’t know what was at stake when playing Georgia at home.

We went into the game tonight needing a win against a team who had nothing left to play for. After a good first-half performance, strachan’s tactics combined with poor performances have cost us. Georgia is irrelevant.

Absolute panic substitution bringing on Anya as soon as they equalised. 
Rotten second half. Felt for Griffiths, couldn't do anything in that second half.

Anya was prepared before they scored. Realistically he should've held off making the sub once they scored, but I presume his ego couldn't cope with having to retract a decision

Exactly! The Lithuania game was THE problem!

England was worse for me, yes they are better than us but to crumble like that just shows how shite of a mentality we have. If we'd picked up the 3 against Lithuania we'd have found somewhere else to throw away points

1 minute ago, LondonHMFC said:

I took it that, in typical Strachan style, he'd made his mind up what he was going to do and not even their goal was going to change his mind.

2 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Rotten second half. Felt for Griffiths, couldn't do anything in that second half.

Anya was ready to come on before they equalised. Should have scrapped the sub after that.

Just now, MonEhTon said:

Games aren’t taken in isolation though. We didn’t know what was at stake when playing Georgia at home.

We went into the game tonight needing a win against a team who had nothing left to play for. After a good first-half performance, strachan’s tactics combined with poor performances have cost us. Georgia is irrelevant.

Yep. Impossible not to agree that Georgia is irrelevant to this campaign,

Archived