Slovenia Vs Scotland - Official Match Thread

Gordopolis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was the worst last few minutes cavalry charge I've ever seen. It just didn't happen. Griffith's on the half way line trying to get the ball. Anya's time at taking the throw in ffs. 

Bottom line is we just weren't good enough to even get second place. 

Scotland are the absolute caricature of a parody of themselves. :lol:

I've won some money though, nice wee £10 that Scotland would balls it up and they didn't let me down.

Disappointing but finished 2nd equal and only lost 2 games out of 10.  Home game v Lithuania was going to haunt us and so it proved. 

Was not a great performance but you cannot fault effort. Just not really good enough.  

Never wanted to go to Russia anyway !

How can anyone still complain about the Lithuania game after witnessing that? The most we can hope for is to go into the last game with it still in our hands. We had that opportunity tonight and threw it away. Fucking Lithuania. Geez peace.

Oh well. Another failure. Damage wasn't done tonight, it was the home disgrace against Lithuania that did it for us.

That's 3 failures in a row for Strachan now. How many more will he be allowed?

This. You have to win home games, not being able to hold out for a few minutes against England was criminal too. I have a bit of sympathy for Strachan in that in certain positions he has the worst players available that I can remember. On the other hand how he can watch those last 2 matches and leave Matt Phillips on for the full 90 in both beggars belief. Also, if there was ever a match to pack the midfield and shitfest a 1-0, then surely it was tonight. Yet he goes with 2 strikers?

When you need to win to guarantee a place in the play-offs, and that’s the performance we witness, the damage most certainly was done tonight. You can look back and pick different results which would’ve helped, but hindsight’s wonderful. We didn’t deserve to go through based on tonight alone.

In isolation a point against Slovenia away is a perfectly good result. Slovenia are a decent side and have qualified more recently than we have.

1 point against England probably what was expected.
3 points against Slovakia was expected.
4 points against Slovenia probably slightly more than expected.
4 points against Lithuania was the problem.

Strachan must go now surely.
I would not be sad if I never saw Berra, Mulgrew, McArthur, Anya, Phillips or Fletcher in a Scotland shirt ever again.

To be fair, I am not sure who we have who are better than Berra and Mulgrew in the middle?

The others can go though.

Archived