The mighty Rovers v The red lichties

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last 25 minutes of the second half aside, when we went to f**k, think we were just as good as you lads to be honest. Didn't play our best and really missed Doris and even Kader.

Denholm and ToB were excellent as was Yule. Swankie done zilch and I think Omar should come in for him next week when he's back.

Denholm arguably motm.

Raith will win league, didn't play great tiday but pretty solid at the back and guys that can score a goal.

Utter pish being in the main stand by the way.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Kirkcaldy has a whole 20k people more than Arbroath, what a bursting metropolis.

You're right Kdy's more of a Town than a village. 30,000 in Arbroath though that takes it clear of being a Hamlet.

On the whole I thought we played well. Controlled much of the game, but always felt like raith had an extra gear.

DD, TOB and Gold all excellent, but I thought Yule was outstanding tracking back and breaking up play.

Raith should win the league comfortably, so if the streak had to go, I'm glad it went this way. Good performance against a superior team. Not too disheartened.

Standard win really. Arbroath played well until we got the goal then imploded. Some absolutely awful challenges.

Not great but with our 14th choice defence if was a surprisingly simple day's work.

I always liked Mccord, but it's really quite something just how much of a seething fat mess he is.

Surprised at the trouble from Arbroath fans. The old firm, hibs and hearts have all came here and not made absolute morons of themselves like that. Surprising.

57 minutes ago, Buzz Lichtyear said:

We started off brilliantly, but second goal has taken wind right out of us.

There is a wee bit of a gulf in class, but we've worked out arses off the first half hour.

Excellent goal for Vaughan. One of you're own maybe, but not for long. He's a cut above everyone on the park. Screaming in pain to get Hammy booked and getting up within two seconds was pretty pathetic though. Needs to cut out that shite if he's gonna make it at the top level.

Davidson is an embarrassment as a professional. How he's captain I can't fathom. Holding you're fingers up with the score to the fans at half time is ridiculous arrogance and shows a total lack of class. Two team mates walking behind him shaking their heads in embarrassment. 

I think someone with 17 goals by mid October will make the grade up regardless of whether he makes the most of fouls or not.

I see there were 1832 in attendance today, what was the away support like (apart from being fractious that is)?

There was talk of there being between 200-600 coming down earlier in the thread.

Archived