The mighty Rovers v The red lichties

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were Clyde the last team to win a home league game with Arbroath? I had a look and although they've lost cup games that seemed to be the last away league game Arbroath lost.

Records are there to be broken.

We don't have injuries to seek but that St Mirren game was a welcome scoreline.

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Were Clyde the last team to win a home league game with Arbroath? I had a look and although they've lost cup games that seemed to be the last away league game Arbroath lost.

Records are there to be broken.

We don't have injuries to seek but that St Mirren game was a welcome scoreline.

Aye. It was also Robbie Mutch's last full away game in goal. Our next away league game was at Edinburgh City, when he was injured and replaced by Ricky Gomez - the game finished 3-3 and Ricky kept the gloves for the rest of the season.

48 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Could any Raith fan say how many "part of the Main Stand" for the away fans holds?

I would imagine we will take 3-400 fans through so was surprised we never got the opposite end.

There'll be plenty of seats. Usually it's the corner section of the main stand but generally it's unsegregated as it goes on with Rovers fans sitting more towards the directors box area. It's probably the right call from the club to keep the North Stand closed. Aside from Ayr and East Fife, there won't be many teams who justify opening the McDermid stand.

Good to see we're likely to have Robertson back for this one. We really missed his presence and leadership against Albion Rovers. I think Smith's interviews on our site and with the press will hopefully shed some light on how our injured players are getting on. Ideally in the next few weeks, we'll see McHattie, Benedictus and Lennox all come back. That'd make us a lot stronger compared to our makeshift backline at the moment.

1 hour ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

I would imagine we will take 3-400 fans through so was surprised we never got the opposite end.

Without wanting to sound arrogant with any 'big team' type chat we'll probably be one of the bigger supported teams in the league and I doubt we'd even take that amount to Arbroath.

Nowhere near 3-400. 150-200. Not that it matters as the main stand could easily cater for that anyway.

I'm really worried about this game. Think this is the one the record crashes at unfortunately.

I'd go

Hutton

Gold
Little
ToB
Hammy

Whatley
Yule
McCord

Linn
Kader

Denholm

Denholm uptop again seeing as we're missing Doris. Henry out for Ricky Little, he's one of our best defenders and we're gonna need him. Perfect chance for him too he'll have something to prove. Kader on the wings as he'll put in a shift. Leave Denholm right on the last man, McCord firing balls up for him and hopefully he can take us up the park with his pace.

Really looking forward to getting back to watch us, and I've no doubt that we're capable of going there and winning, seen enough in the games against Dundee/Ross County/Aberdeen and Ayr (let's forget Hibs) to show that we can go up against FT teams well.

3-0 Raith is my prediction though... [emoji1]

Hope to see Gomes back on the bench and returned from his injury ( or If you believe it out of his huff ). If he isn't there due to the latter then that's extremely poor imo. These things happen as keepers and he was set to be number 1 until he got injured. He should plug away and wait for his opportunity, not go into a huff. If Hutton were to go down injured if we were 1-0 up Saturday and we had to bring on some jobber we've found at the last minute (or a 47 year old Rab Douglas) then went on to lose the game because of that that would be totally unacceptable.

Hope to see him back because he's been brilliant for us and it would be sad if he were to bail on his team.

Didn't realise David Hutton had washed up at Arbroath. Sounds promising given about three quarters of the matches we've had this season have been decided by a dodgy 'keeper (including our defeat at Albion). 

McCord to play a blinder. 

Saturday is the day we get our first league penalty since a year past March and it's dodgy.
Vaughan scores and Arbroath's record goes.
Similar to Arsenal when they lost their unbeaten record at Old Trafford years ago.
Not sure who skelps Barry Smith in the pus with a pizza [emoji487] afterwards though.

Saturday is the day we get our first league penalty since a year past March and it's dodgy.
Vaughan scores and Arbroath's record goes.
Similar to Arsenal when they lost their unbeaten record at Old Trafford years ago.
Not sure who skelps Barry Smith in the pus with a pizza [emoji487] afterwards though.

Probably Bobby Linn before Ryan McCord promptly removes it from his face and eats it.

1 minute ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Is there any pubs near or at the ground that will be showing the football before the proper football starts?

The Novar Bar in Nicol Street has football and three screens. Reasonably close to the ground.

Is there any pubs near or at the ground that will be showing the football before the proper football starts?

The Raith Suite, in the Main Stand, is open from 12:30pm. Good priced drinks and the voddy is 35ml [emoji1303] I’m pretty sure it’s open virtually right up until kickoff, last orders about 2:40pm (correct me if I’m wrong folks, was pretty boozy the last time I was in haha).

Think this will be really tight, 2-1 Home win.

Archived