The mighty Rovers v The red lichties

We’ve had no problems before with away fans in that stand. Was it Arbroath fans that were thrown out? Maybe learn to behave next time. Simple. The frothing mess the Arbroath fans got into after we went 1-0 up was unbelievable if that’s what spurred them on to react to being wound up. It’s a game of football ffs.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not wanting to sound "i told you so" but the organisation was a shambles, there was a decent Red Lichtie support there hemmed in by Raith fans either side of us with a few stewards and no Police, as it was a big game tensions were running high and loads of banter from both set of fans ad your Captain so it was no wonder there was a bit of skullthuggery when things boiled over, surely the best thing would have been to open the opposite end and this would have stopped any bother and folk getting ejected from the ground and helped your stewards, hopefully next time this happens to save a lot of hassle and before anybody jumps in here both sets of fans were to blame but Raith never helped the situation with putting us in that area.

1) It wasn't a big game.
2) It might have been a good support by your standards but in the grand scheme of things there wasn't that many away fans. Certainly not enough to warrant opening the away stand.
3) Your fans can't handle their drink.

We’ve had no problems before with away fans in that stand. Was it Arbroath fans that were thrown out? Maybe learn to behave next time. Simple. The frothing mess the Arbroath fans got into after we went 1-0 up was unbelievable if that’s what spurred them on to react to being wound up. It’s a game of football ffs.

Why were Arbroath fans having to go through a separate turnstile to get in,then find themselves in with the Raith fans,what was the point of that turnstile.The trouble started when Raith fans could do what they like,hand gestures etc,but when we done something back we were warned by the stewards.

Why were Arbroath fans having to go through a separate turnstile to get in,then find themselves in with the Raith fans,what was the point of that turnstile.The trouble started when Raith fans could do what they like,hand gestures etc,but when we done something back we were warned by the stewards.

Separate turnstiles so the club can determine how many away fans turned up, that’s just me guessing. Regarding the issues in the ground with Rovers fans gesticulating to Arbroath fans, why not just ignore it?

Davidson’s combative style saw him targeted by away fans but the veteran centre-back, who wore the captain’s armband, gave it back with a 2-0 gesture on his way down the tunnel at half-time.

The 33-year-old insisted, however, that it was all good natured.

First-half goals from Lewis Vaughan and Jason Thomson sent Raith five points clear at the top of League One and handed the visitors their first away defeat in 13 months.

“We take plenty stick but they don’t like it when they get it back,” Davidson said.

“It was a wee 2-0 gesture, there was nothing in it.

“I don’t think they liked the fact that I was aggressive and winning a lot of balls, but I was just doing my job.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-league-1/526423/raith-rovers-2-arbroath-0-davidson-says-aggressive-fair/

There was more than 120 BUT there was enough space for us in the section we were given, we didn't justify opening the 3000 seater stand. Raith fans also came through our turnstile so they never just opened it for us, I followed the 2 guys that went in ahead of me and ended up in the Raith side after realising one of them had a Raith scarf on. From what I could see Raith fans that had got a concession either student, juvenile or OAP went to the wee window next to our turnstile and went in it afterwards.

Secondly it was 2 Arbroath fans and 1 Raith Rovers fan misbehaving and by misbehaving I mean shouting back and forwards before the Arbroath boy walked over to the Raith boy, where nothing happened. Another Arbroath boy went over and got in the middle of it. Let's not make this out to be some big thing here. The people that were involved were being fannies.

Thirdly it happened last Saturday, who really gives a f**k.

And lastly Barcelona fans don't travel very well and there's a lot going on over there just now so they maybe could've squeezed into the main stand too.

There was more than 120 BUT there was enough space for us in the section we were given, we didn't justify opening the 3000 seater stand. Raith fans also came through our turnstile so they never just opened it for us, I followed the 2 guys that went in ahead of me and ended up in the Raith side after realising one of them had a Raith scarf on. From what I could see Raith fans that had got a concession either student, juvenile or OAP went to the wee window next to our turnstile and went in it afterwards.

Secondly it was 2 Arbroath fans and 1 Raith Rovers fan misbehaving and by misbehaving I mean shouting back and forwards before the Arbroath boy walked over to the Raith boy, where nothing happened. Another Arbroath boy went over and got in the middle of it. Let's not make this out to be some big thing here. The people that were involved were being fannies.

Thirdly it happened last Saturday, who really gives a f**k.

And lastly Barcelona fans don't travel very well and there's a lot going on over there just now so they maybe could've squeezed into the main stand too.

And that's it in a nutshell......that's why we all go to the fitbaw it plays with your emotions.

It would appear that the raith suite is going back to corporate hospitality soon.  So that now leaves the question of where are we going to seat the oppostion fans answers on the back of a bookies slip please.  RRFC27 I am afraid I wouldn't trust the raith trust as far as could throw them personal opinion but based on experiences.

Archived