The mighty Rovers v The red lichties

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Buzz Lichtyear said:

Davidson is an embarrassment as a professional. How he's captain I can't fathom. Holding you're fingers up with the score to the fans at half time is ridiculous arrogance and shows a total lack of class. 

Arbroath fans giving it out but can't take it back? 

Davo was class against your number 10 despite him trying to wind him up.

Back to nursery school for him.

2 hours ago, A.K. Barr said:

Quite amusing.

We must be the first team this season to stand up to you pretty boys.

Enjoy ur canter back to the championship in this league of “part time diddy teams”

Nah not really Ayr managed to actually break legs in their visit.

This league is what it is and always will be.  Though you need a measure of both, the lower leagues are more about physicality than ability.

Ok so seen the highlights now and willing to concede Spence may have been off when Vaughan shot but it must have been very a tight one.     Lino seemed to take an age to decide he was offside! The only explanation being he thought Spence was offside but unsure if he got a touch or it hit the post and needed confirmation from the ref.

Difficult to tell with the 2nd one but the delivery landed close to the line so it probably was out of play then back in.

First quarter in, 1 defeat, 1 draw and 7 wins. Five points clear of the 2nd place team.  Championship form, long may it continue.

11 hours ago, Big lichtie said:

some raith fans think they shouldn’t be in this league well you were shit last season so forget all your illusions of grandeur. we are a part time club and at times outplayed raith today its a long season if i was a raith fan would just shut the f... up

Not something that some Arbroath supporters spout then emoji23.png

Don’t see why Davidson is getting it tight, Denholm was just a guilty as Davidson regarding hard challenges thought it was enjoyable watching them have a good tussle all afternoon, Some meaty tackles by both sides and equally the Ref was terrible for both sides however it’s amusing how fans see things differently.

To be honest it was a scrappy game and Rovers weren’t at there best today however we were able to contain Arbroath comfortably in the end,  special mention to the defence today considering we have 3 players missing from the starting 11 back line I think a lot of  opposing teams forget how a make shift defence Rovers have at the moment. From a rovers point of view I thought we should have been a bit more clinical yesterday and try and get the 3rd goal because Arbroath to there credit still looked dangerous and could have easily nicked a goal which could have made the last 15 mins very interesting

Don’t see why Davidson is getting it tight, Denholm was just a guilty as Davidson regarding hard challenges thought it was enjoyable watching them have a good tussle all afternoon, Some meaty tackles by both sides and equally the Ref was terrible for both sides however it’s amusing how fans see things differently.
Arbroath comfortably in the end,  special mention to the defence today considering we have 3 players missing from the starting 11 back line I think a lot of  opposing teams forget how a make shift defence Rovers have at the moment.

What annoyed the Arbroath fans that Davidson gets away with 4/5 bad tackles,Then we are waiting for it,an Arbroath player does a similar foul to one of Davidsons and the ref can t get his card out quick enough.Thought Arbroath done quite well aswell missing 2 first team players and no strikers on the pitch.A winger and a centre mid upfront.Would have loved to see Doris up against Davidson yesterday.

Raith no14 got away with a few today. How he didnt get a booking for going right through whatley in the first half i dont know, and he pulled off a great double handed save from point blank range in the 2nd

Is this the free kick right in the corner in front of you guys?

That was given for handball not a tackle on whatley

Archived