The mighty Rovers v The red lichties

Decent result. Good job our players kept their heads better than some of our fans. Arbroath caused us problems for the first 20 minutes but after we found our rhythm and got our lead, they completely spat the dummy and started putting in ridiculous tackles.

Vaughan's goal and performance shows why he's a class above. Murray also had his best game yet and was outstanding. Even Watson looked comfortable enough once we found our way.

Excellent travelling support, though admittedly they seemed more interested in goading our fans. There's always a danger of comes back to bite you in the arse.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looked more than 120 Arbroath fans in all honesty. Was actually good having them in the main stand, at least it allowed a bit of back and forward banter. Thoroughly enjoyed their fans giving it big licks at our first disallowed goal then the absolute meltdowns from several of them as we returned the favour when we scored.

By the way, has Ryan McCord been on the Dick Campbell diet?

Poor in the second half and if we're honest Arbroath were on top for spells of the first too. But it doesn't matter, a routine enough 2-0 home win with the added bonus of Ayr slipping up. If we flipped the halfs around we'd all have left pretty happy.

Angriest set of fans/players we've seen at Stark's in a long time. They all lost the plot as soon as we went 1-0 up.

Two small points of criticism - Barry Smith's use of subs when we were struggling to get up the pitch in the second half was poor, and we seem to get 'silly bookings' which the manager has said won't be tolerated just about every week. Davidson and Herron the culprits this time - no need to get involved.

Thought Arbroath looked okay for about the first 15 minutes, then Denholm decided to try and wind up Davidson at every opportunity. Smith didnt have much to do all game thought Robertson was good in midfield and Murray good at the back, just wish we would get the ball down as we have players that can do something with it. Hoof ball never keen on that style. Mccord looks like a retired pro too fat to run about, shorts that dont fit, tries to foul as he cant keep up with players and only good from a set play. 

Thought Arbroath looked okay for about the first 15 minutes, then Denholm decided to try and wind up Davidson at every opportunity. Smith didnt have much to do all game thought Robertson was good in midfield and Murray good at the back, just wish we would get the ball down as we have players that can do something with it. Hoof ball never keen on that style. Mccord looks like a retired pro too fat to run about, shorts that dont fit, tries to foul as he cant keep up with players and only good from a set play. 

We can usually accommodate McCord well but when he's in the same team as Swankie it's not ideal especially in a game away to the best team in the league.

McCord can be a class act, he would've been more effective today if he was playing in behind a fit Stevie Doris with Linn and Denholm each side of him. Yule and Whatley behind him cover for him a lot there all over the place.

It would be great if McCord turned into an athlete but it's just not the way he is. If it was he'd be playing higher than League 1.

Sour grapes from the Arbroath fans. I thought we got on, seems not.

I really like Raith. Backed them over Ayr the last time we all shared a league and I'll do so again. Enjoy visiting Starks (well, not so much in the main stand) and think you guys have got a bit of potential.

personally i feel for denholm playing the role he has since doris got injured.when he has come against good central defenders against alloa and say what you want about davidson today aggressive yes dirty at times yes but what centre halves aren’t.

Decent game, we miss Doris so much its actually unreal, he's a focal point for everything we do. 

Raith looked half decent and can't see too many teams giving them much problems, definitely not anything special though.

zero seethe from me, beaten by the better team on the day. 

1st quarter done, I'd give us a 7/10

3 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

No taking the piss here, but never sat in the main stand, whats the view like from there?

The Main Stand is good depending on where you sit; I prefer to sit there near the half way line better than the South Stand , but the away support are probably put in the worst bit of it.

No taking the piss here, but never sat in the main stand, whats the view like from there?

Just what you'd expect from an old stand. Pillars everywhere, hard to see certain areas of the park. Not awful but being in the away stand is miles better. Even the railway side far end would be good.

Like Parkhead away section or Dundees main stand.

I was shaking my head at Iain Davidson's goading of the Arbroath fans at half-time, but now I've seen how much it bothered some of them, I'm delighted he indulged in it.

Personally found it quite amusing. It was his treatment of Denholm that bothered me.

It was announced as 120. Easily less than 200 anyway.

Yes it was announced as 120 but unless they asked everybody in the main stand who they were supporting today at the turnstiles then there would be absolutely no way of telling how many fans they had.

It definitely looked a lot more than 200.

Amazing how Arbroath managed to get about 10% of their support kicked out. Absolute minks.

I was in near there and didn’t see what they were ejected for ( jumping on the empty seats?). Maybe a bit overzealous on the ‘security’ side. I though Arbroath had the edge for long periods but didn’t take our several chances early and the second half. But the two quick, avoidable Raith goals in the first half made it too much an uphill struggle. Good to see Skelly and Prunty back fit.

Archived