Bairnardo

The Paul Hartley promotion experience feat. Falkirk v ICT

Get a match thread in early since we are currently flying...

Same team as Dumfermline I think except Thomson in goal obviously. No one deserves dropped. Although given this will be Hartleys first game who knows what we might see....

Kevin O'Hara thouroughly deserves a start for his effort, but he needs to learn to get a shot away quicker IMO and Hippo obviously owing to his goal and the fact that he is our best attacking player.

I think I would like to see Sibbald rather than Harris on the left if McGhee is to continue at LB.

Thoughts

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Thoughts

I think I should get the lawn mowed because it's not rained for a couple of days and I might not get another chance. I also need to do a food shop, and all our stuff is still in suitcases/unwashed after coming back from holiday. Also need to get the dog walked and my kid has just discovered the joys of running at full tilt and punching me in the knackers.

Actually all I want to do is watch the F1 and the fitba.

What are you thinking?

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

I think I should get the lawn mowed because it's not rained for a couple of days and I might not get another chance. I also need to do a food shop, and all our stuff is still in suitcases/unwashed after coming back from holiday. Also need to get the dog walked and my kid has just discovered the joys of running at full tilt and punching me in the knackers.

What are you thinking?

I think F1 is up there with golf and cricket as boring as f**k spectator sports.

My wife has already washed most of our holiday stuff and we don't have a dog.

Been to Morrisons already and raked up half the apples that have fallen and rotted, hard work if you're not used to a physical job.

Any other thoughts?

Easy Falkirk win. Polworth to tombstone Kellacher at the final whistle after a 3 - 0 scudding.

What are you thinking?

F1 is shite and you and the auld DAB below are bricking it from the Hartley express. Those are my current thoughts.

Formula 1 is decent (far better than golf or cricket anyway) but they keep making the sport worse with constant rule changes. It's been on a constant downward slide for the last 7 or 8 years imo. There hasn't been a Scottish driver for a few years which usually holds my interest in dull races. 

Re Saturday, I wouldn't change the team from yesterday (apart from likely enforced goalkeeper change). If Sibbald, Loy and Miller are fit again for the bench that would be a bonus. I do feel we have a better 11, ie McKee in to the middle, Hippolyte left, Harris right, a place for Sibbald, Austin & Loy etc. Wouldn't be surprised to see Hartley make a few changes on that basis.

Thomson

Muirhead Balatoni Grant McGhee

McKee Taiwo Kerr Harris

O'Hara Hippolyte 

Subs: McMinn, Gasparotto, Craigen, Sibbald, Loy, Miller, Austin

Should get a good crowd in for this one with the wins since Houston's departure and with it being Hartley's first game.

3-0 Bairns (Hippolyte, McKee & Austin) Crowd: 4,655

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

F1 is shite and you and the auld DAB below are bricking it from the Hartley express. Those are my current thoughts.

It's posts like these that make me wish I knew how to bookmark posts.

19 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Formula 1 is decent (far better than golf or cricket anyway) but they keep making the sport worse with constant rule changes. It's been on a constant downward slide for the last 7 or 8 years imo. There hasn't been a Scottish driver for a few years which usually holds my interest in dull races. 

Re Saturday, I wouldn't change the team from yesterday (apart from likely enforced goalkeeper change). If Sibbald, Loy and Miller are fit again for the bench that would be a bonus. I do feel we have a better 11, ie KcKee in to the middle, Hippolyte left, Harris right, a place for Sibbald, Austin & Loy etc. Wouldn't be surprised to see Hartley make a few changes on that basis.

Thomson

Muirhead Balatoni Grant McGhee

McKee Taiwo Kerr Harris

O'Hara Hippolyte 

Subs: McMinn, Gasparotto, Craigen, Sibbald, Loy, Miller, Austin

Should get a good crowd in for this one with the wins since Houston's departure and with it being Hartley's first game.

3-0 Bairns (Hippolyte, McKee & Austin) Crowd: 4,655

I think we've got the personnel now to play a good 3-5-2 (near enough) so I would try McGhee, Balatoni and Grant at the back, Muirhead, McKee, Tawio, Sibbs and Gallagher across the middle with Austin & Hippo up front.

I wouldn't pick McMinn for the bench because he plays for Stenhousemuir!

I think we've got the personnel now to play a good 3-5-2 (near enough) so I would try McGhee, Balatoni and Grant at the back, Muirhead, McKee, Tawio, Sibbs and Gallagher across the middle with Austin & Hippo up front.
I wouldn't pick McMinn for the bench because he plays for Stenhousemuir!

I’m now sure about Muirhead as a wing back. He’s barely mobile enough to play RB in the 4-4-2.

Thomson

Muirhead-Balatoni-Grant

Craigen-Taiwo-McKee-Sibbs-Gallagher

Austin-Hippolyte

Scotty Sheps with the fooking hattrick COYB! EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED! HOUSTON WE HAVE A SOLUTION!

Now that Auld Rector Smith has handed the reigns to Professor Paul 'The Man Who Built The Fourth Stand' Hartley, I expect some important breakthroughs in the field of Juggernautics.

3-0 Bairns, Hippo (2) & Fash.

You lot are chirpy after beating our reserves in a nothing competition.

Must be world beaters. If you don’t beat ICT I think it will be fair to say that you’re not any better than before Houston was punted.

Nobody deserves dropped after yesterday although I’d imagine Hartley will come in with his own ideas on how to play and might favour certain personnel.

Might be tempted to play Hippo or Harris wide on the right if Chalmers is playing.

I’m now sure about Muirhead as a wing back. He’s barely mobile enough to play RB in the 4-4-2.

Thomson

Muirhead-Balatoni-Grant

Austin-Hippolyte

Nae Jordan McGhee? Absolute madness! Think he’s been different class since signing.

You lot are chirpy after beating our reserves in a nothing competition.

Must be world beaters. If you don’t beat ICT I think it will be fair to say that you’re not any better than before Houston was punted.

Beautiful

3 hours ago, Donathan said:

Thomson

Muirhead-Balatoni-Grant

Austin-Hippolyte

Oh, I'm certainly unsure of him at RWB however I think Craigen or Harris would both be abysmal defensively and I think ICT play Calder down the left who seems to offer some threat. 

Would love to see Gallagher as a wing back or left side of midfield. I think the boy has bags of attacking talent but has not yet developed the street wise side of his game in defence. Agree Hippo and O’Hara up front. Or Hippo and Fash. Hippo has too much skill to be wasted out wide or tracking back