Bairnardo

The Paul Hartley promotion experience feat. Falkirk v ICT

Provided he is fit, I expect Austin to start this game. Hartley was a big fan and was interested in taking him at Dundee. He scored against Caley last time and when he's on form he's a handful for anyone in this league.

A pairing of Hippolyte and Austin would be worth seeing!
Great options with O'Hara, Loy and Miller.
(Oops forgot Shepherd...)

Fon Williams out injured, Mark Ridgers will be back in goal.

I might go and see the Kelpies this weekend instead.

How does he keep getting clubs? The lads howling :lol:

18 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

How does he keep getting clubs? The lads howling :lol:

No idea. He's cost us a goal pretty much every (other) game so far. 

4 hours ago, RiG said:

Better watching a horse's head than a horse's arse right enough.

Anyway, I'm now convinced.  The other Championship teams should just agree that Falkirk will win the league and agree that the rest of us will contend for play off spot.

Hartley is the Gaudi of Scottish Championship football.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Anyway, I'm now convinced.  The other Championship teams should just agree that Falkirk will win the league and agree that the rest of us will contend for play off spot.

I appreciate the offer but I think we still want to play the games to get the team used to Hartleys style, that'll better prepare us for challenging for the Premier next season.

5 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I appreciate the offer but I think we still want to play the games to get the team used to Hartleys style, that'll better prepare us for challenging for the Premier next season.

That's a fair point.

Sorry that should read ":lol:".

biggest worry for Saturday is having Thomson back in goals, he's looked shaky so far this season and we've been better and more confident with Mitchell in goal, to be fair he had a cracking save v the pars when he come on and maybe knowing there's competition for the place (once Mitchell recovers) will give him a boost. without putting a jinx on the game, there really should be goals in the match. wonder if baird will do the traditional ken eadie ex striker type goal v us!

Mitchell has played the two games post-Houston where the back 4 has been a lot more solid. It's not unthinkable that Thomson will improve with a more confident defence in front of him.

It could be worse. We could have Mark Ridgers in nets

:lol: 

Edited by lanky_ffc

Mitchell has played the two games post-Houston where the back 4 has been a lot more solid. It's not unthinkable that Thomson will improve with a more confident defence in front of him.

Agree. Thomson will be fine. A defence utterly devoid of confidence, structure and continuity was to blame for leaking goals, not Robbie Thomsons goalkeeping ability.

21 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Reveal hidden contents

:lol: 

He was a big part of the defensive horror show. We have to go out and get an Emergency Loan in as the young lad looks far from ready.  Not convinced Thomson is good enough

In fairness to the recently departed "Ginger God" (boak!) Balatoni and McGhee have been strong signings and have certainly helped restore order to our Keystone Cops style defence.

Not sure about anyone else, but I am absolutely willing to dismiss the form of everyone in the team pre-Houston leaving. Like it or not, something was rotten. Players werent doing the things they should be, or are capable of. Various performances in the last 2 games would help to backup that theory.

I seen enough of Robbie Thomson last season to view him as a competent keeper. Thats what I expect to see now.

Eta I do agree we should be bringing someone in too.

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

He was a big part of the defensive horror show. We have to go out and get an Emergency Loan in as the young lad looks far from ready.  Not convinced Thomson is good enough

Whats Tim Krul up to these days?

20 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Whats Tim Krul up to these days?

2nd/3rd choice at Brighton.