Bairnardo

The Paul Hartley promotion experience feat. Falkirk v ICT

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

You have watched Gallagher defend this season ?

Hit it on the nail, I wasn't impressed with O'Hara on Saturday, his workrate isn't questionable, the general play in which is an important area was poor. I think if he is gonna be success, we will need to play balls into him to use his pace or he needs to make runs where his pace is his strength.

I expect Hartley to make a change to show its his team

I have, of course. Not as part of a back 5 though and I suspect that wing back may be his best fit. I think he could offer a hell of a lot going forward in the knowledge that Grant would be backing him up defensively.

Gallagher doesn’t get back in the side until someone’s suspended imho. This back 4 look proper solid.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

I have, of course. Not as part of a back 5 though and I suspect that wing back may be his best fit. I think he could offer a hell of a lot going forward in the knowledge that Grant would be backing him up defensively.

To be a decent wing back you do have to have to be decent at both defending and attacking, saying a centre half is covering you doesn't add up for me.

The last time we used it effectively, we had Lawrie, McQuilken and Hagi.

I do think wing back is perhaps best for Gallacher but still not fully convinced due to the defending part of it.

We really could do with cloning Hippolyte and play one up front and one wing back, the other on the bench !!!

4 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Gallagher doesn’t get back in the side until someone’s suspended imho. This back 4 look proper solid.

Correct. Totally agree with you SB.

Why put him back in on the back of 2 clean sheets ?

Unfortunately I haven't been able to take in the last few games; how has McGhee looked in an attacking sense?

Unfortunately I haven't been able to take in the last few games; how has McGhee looked in an attacking sense?

Gets forward well enough as he’s a big strong runner. Has to switch onto his strong foot however, bit like Kieran Tierney for Scotland in that sense.

I broke my wrists looking at your avatar

Gets forward well enough as he’s a big strong runner. Has to switch onto his strong foot however, bit like Kieran Tierney for Scotland in that sense.

Aye, he gallops on, def backs himself to get up further and still be able to get back more than Muirhead does. He is a good guy to have up there for the big switches as he will likely beat most RBs in the air too. This is why I was saying I would like Sibbs there at LM. If McGhee can win knockdowns for Sibbs then his use of the ball matters less.

Harris should have been able to do this more on Saturday but for whatever reason didnt seem to be there often for the second ball off McGhee

5 hours ago, alternative maryhill said:

Pretty much every scoreline this season has flattered us, including the 5-1 defeat at East End Park. That's how bad we've been.

Robertson, unless he walks, probably has far longer than he should have. He's apparently the choice of a potential returning investor, and in any case, at the moment the money isn't there to pay him off. Despite having little control over the high staff turnover and low budget,  he's still got to be considered partly culpable for the dreadful season so far, not only for signing complete shite but also for then ripping his signings to shreds in the press.  

Hows Calder getting on? Thank you.

Aye, he gallops on, def backs himself to get up further and still be able to get back more than Muirhead does. He is a good guy to have up there for the big switches as he will likely beat most RBs in the air too. This is why I was saying I would like Sibbs there at LM. If McGhee can win knockdowns for Sibbs then his use of the ball matters less.

Harris should have been able to do this more on Saturday but for whatever reason didnt seem to be there often for the second ball off McGhee

Harris was quite poor but it’s his first bad game in a wee while. I’d much rather see him on the right with Sibbs/Hippo on the left. Wee eck has left us with options that we didn’t know we had regarding to McGhee at lb and Hippo upfront. Houston was far to stubborn to try that sort of stuff.

I reckon if we can keep a solid base we'll soon climb up the table and then who knows. Most of the top sides have been shipping goals so the main thing is going to be keeping clean sheets. 

O'hara badly needs a goal in the league. The longer he goes without one the more pressure he's under. Once he gets one I'm sure he'll be a different player.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

We've won 2 games and kept clean sheets with the same back four yet people want to change that? Madness.

3 minutes ago, Trump said:

We've won 2 games and kept clean sheets with the same back four yet people want to change that? Madness.

I assume you're referring to me? I don't want to change anything, I was merely putting a back 3 out as an option. I haven't seen us play since Livi at home so haven't seen our new all conquering style yet.

If we're playing well and winning games the, sure, why change?

28 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Hows Calder getting on? Thank you.

Early on he looked like he might be a decent signing - fairly quick, capable of beating a player - but he rapidly deteriorated to the same level as the rest of the shite. After our arse-collapse in Paisley, he ended up being dropped to the bench, which in a team this poor is quite a feat. Last couple of times I've seen him he's been knocked off the ball far too easily and has just looked generally disinterested. In a better, more motivated squad, though, he might turn into a useful player - he doesn't actually look out of his depth the way the likes of Chalmers and Donaldson do.

Edited by alternative maryhill

49 minutes ago, alternative maryhill said:

Early on he looked like he might be a decent signing - fairly quick, capable of beating a player - but he rapidly deteriorated to the same level as the rest of the shite. After our arse-collapse in Paisley, he ended up being dropped to the bench, which in a team this poor is quite a feat. Last couple of times I've seen him he's been knocked off the ball far too easily and has just looked generally disinterested. In a better, more motivated squad, though, he might turn into a useful player - he doesn't actually look out of his depth the way the likes of Chalmers and Donaldson do.

Cheers, he looked good whenever I saw him, but he's got a bad attitude problem, fell out with Hartley, who then never played him.

Can't wait to laugh at Joe Chalmers all game (if he plays, will he play ICT lads?)

Was in American Golf in Inverness this afternoon killing a bit of time between meetings (skiving) and overheard a pleasing conversation between a couple of guys who appear to be a wee bit concerned about the state of the Inverness football franchise. Actually want Houston to replace Robertson!

On a more sensible note they were convinced ICT will get their arses handed to them on Saturday.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

19 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Was in American Golf in Inverness this afternoon killing a bit of time between meetings (skiving) and overheard a pleasing conversation between a couple of guys who appear to be a wee bit concerned about the state of the Inverness football fanchise. Actually want Houston to replace Robertson!

On a more sensible note they were convinced ICT will get their arses handed to them on Saturday.

Houston would probably do a decent job steadying the ship at ICT. Season too many with us but he'd be better than Robertson

22 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Houston would probably do a decent job steadying the ship at ICT. Season too many with us but he'd be better than Robertson

Given that he clearly "lost the dressing room" with us and ICT are supposedly a shambles behind the scenes probably not a good fit.

Would be better than Robertson though.