Bairnardo

The Paul Hartley promotion experience feat. Falkirk v ICT

They will be bodied into the turf by Brad Mckay and Coll Donaldson*.

*Disclaimer: Unlikely to happen.

21 hours ago, Tynieness said:

Cogito ergo sum

You lack original thought therefore you aren’t?

12 hours ago, RiG said:

They will be bodied into the turf by Brad Mckay and Coll Donaldson*.

*Disclaimer: Unlikely to happen.

I hadn’t realised this is where Coll “being watched by Man Utd” Donaldson has ended up.  He always looked dreadfully mediocre to me (cue hat trick)

I love Falkirk FC

Your threads are a roller coaster of manic proportions.

As an old codger frantically looking for entertainment to pass long winter days,I thank you all.

Any of you going to hospitality on 21st October I will buy you a drink 

:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2

Same team as Saturday for me, need to keep the confidence up and go for it from the beginning.

Hippo up front on Saturday was great, O'Hara worked hard but nothing much came off for him, could possibly see Austin in for him. Having Loy and Sibbald back as options from the bench would be great too.

Also, ICT are a team we've already beaten this year which doesn't bode well for them. How long do you think Robertson has? Have you been really poor or do you think there's hope for him?

Same team as Saturday for me, need to keep the confidence up and go for it from the beginning.
Hippo up front on Saturday was great, O'Hara worked hard but nothing much came off for him, could possibly see Austin in for him. Having Loy and Sibbald back as options from the bench would be great too.
Also, ICT are a team we've already beaten this year which doesn't bode well for them. How long do you think Robertson has? Have you been really poor or do you think there's hope for him?

O'Hara is one that will always get calls from the fans to start games because of that workrate and commitment, but he really needs to become more clinical. I dont really recall him getting a shot away on Saturday despite some good positions, and some examples of good quick footwork with the ball. If he cant add a ruthless streak to his game he is going to struggle this season, as Loy wont be out of sorts forever and Austin is a good option who has shown poachers instinct too.

Hippolyte actually is a good example for O'Hara. He very rarely fluffs his lines when presented with a chance at goal. Very direct and very composed when faced with a chance.

44 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

O'Hara is one that will always get calls from the fans to start games because of that workrate and commitment, but he really needs to become more clinical. I dont really recall him getting a shot away on Saturday despite some good positions, and some examples of good quick footwork with the ball. If he cant add a ruthless streak to his game he is going to struggle this season, as Loy wont be out of sorts forever and Austin is a good option who has shown poachers instinct too.

Hippolyte actually is a good example for O'Hara. He very rarely fluffs his lines when presented with a chance at goal. Very direct and very composed when faced with a chance.

Agree with this, he works hard off the ball but I have to question his first touch and overall football skills, he seems five yards quicker without the ball.

Edited by thelocalcat

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

Wonder how long it will take for Baird to spit the dummy.

And miss 

2 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

And miss 

Given some of the chances he has missed for us so far this season I suspect it won't be long.

Falkirk currently 6/5 with McBookie. Free money...

2 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

How long do you think Robertson has? Have you been really poor or do you think there's hope for him?

Pretty much every scoreline this season has flattered us, including the 5-1 defeat at East End Park. That's how bad we've been.

Robertson, unless he walks, probably has far longer than he should have. He's apparently the choice of a potential returning investor, and in any case, at the moment the money isn't there to pay him off. Despite having little control over the high staff turnover and low budget,  he's still got to be considered partly culpable for the dreadful season so far, not only for signing complete shite but also for then ripping his signings to shreds in the press.  

Absolutely delighted with the 3 points.

Careful now. I do feel that even if we win on Saturday we should maybe chuck one in at the other end. I dont feel totally comfortable having nothing to complain about. Even the dreaded Kerr and Taiwo together was sublime on Saturday... I need some yang for my yin.

Kerr has certainly improved over the last two games. Still had a couple shaky back passes but he’s covering the field a lot more now. Taiwo is just fuckin fantastic as ever. Gets stuck in at any opportunity.

Kerr has certainly improved over the last two games. Still had a couple shaky back passes but he’s covering the field a lot more now. Taiwo is just fuckin fantastic as ever. Gets stuck in at any opportunity.

Taiwo might be the best midfielder in this league.

19 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Oh, I'm certainly unsure of him at RWB however I think Craigen or Harris would both be abysmal defensively and I think ICT play Calder down the left who seems to offer some threat. 

You have watched Gallagher defend this season ?

2 hours ago, thelocalcat said:

Agree with this, he works hard off the ball but I have to question his first touch and overall football skills, he seems five yards quicker without the ball.

Hit it on the nail, I wasn't impressed with O'Hara on Saturday, his workrate isn't questionable, the general play in which is an important area was poor. I think if he is gonna be success, we will need to play balls into him to use his pace or he needs to make runs where his pace is his strength.

I expect Hartley to make a change to show its his team

F1 is crap get yourselves onto BSB it blows MotoGP and World Superbikes out of the water. Aldo get yourself to Knockhill when they visit. No falling over with a little tackle these guys are riding at 190 mph within inches of each other sometimes with broken wrists etc But on a football note can you go easy on us. It’s been pretty shit being an ICT fan of late
Cheers