Newnains community football team

jinkie

Don't really see why  there should be any question of our near neighbours folding.  The people running Newmains have worked very hard over the last couple of years to create a a good foundation for the future.  Good opportunity for someone with genuine love of the game, ideas and ambition to come in and build on the good work already done.  

Should be no question of Newmains folding. Bill as ever will be working his backside off. It was a very hard decision to move on but felt the time was right for me and my coaching team, given the two week break to get someone else in the door. 

I would like to think I’ve left the club in a much better place than when I arrived, result might not have been great but I hope I created a much more professional ethos and a good foundation for whoever comes in next.

2 hours ago, kevinmuirhead said:

Should be no question of Newmains folding. Bill as ever will be working his backside off. It was a very hard decision to move on but felt the time was right for me and my coaching team, given the two week break to get someone else in the door. 

I would like to think I’ve left the club in a much better place than when I arrived, result might not have been great but I hope I created a much more professional ethos and a good foundation for whoever comes in next.

Aye left the club in a great place

Screenshot_20171008-195542.jpg

Hopefully newmains can get someone in who can get the club points on the board. A few more experienced players and more local training ie within the newmains area. But hard gig with no money to get players in. Looks like manger has jumped out the fire and into the frying pan joining muirkirk who newmains beat 5-3 pre season 

Meant of the park lot of hard work was done, never seenyou up there though so not sure how you know so much....

What went wrong on the park Kevin? I’m all for managers helping build foundations at a club, but surely your focus should have been on what was happening on the park rather than off it?

If Kevin was able to focus on football then I’m sure things would have been very different, the fact was he had to wash strips, line the park, write Match day programmes, get in all sponsors, run fund raising competitions like the last man standing and on top of that he was the club secretary. No wonder things didn’t work out on the park!

12 hours ago, Scott90 said:

If Kevin was able to focus on football then I’m sure things would have been very different, the fact was he had to wash strips, line the park, write Match day programmes, get in all sponsors, run fund raising competitions like the last man standing and on top of that he was the club secretary. No wonder things didn’t work out on the park!

If all the above is true then no wonder he has had enough 

12 hours ago, Scott90 said:

He should've applied for the Shettleston job.

What I will say is Kevin and his team brought a professional attitude and ethos to the squad. He was up against it from day one, trying to attract players to Newmains is a brutally tough job, with no money and a park that would get football banned is easy to see why folk weren't interested. I think there comes a point when you've exhausted all avenues, you can only work with what you've got and simply as a team we just weren't good enough. As players we let Kevin down on the park there's no denying that, at the same time we are nowhere near as bad as results against The Ants, VOL and Royal Albert would suggest! In recent weeks the team looked to be on the up, there's also no denying the commitment and hard work he and his staff put into the job. I for one think Kevin will make a success of it at Muirkirk where he can solely get to focus on what's happening on the park.

• 2 weeks later...

Think todays results tells a story 12 - 0 defeat for newmains shows the job to be done there. With a handfull of players in the muirkirk squad today ex newmains they also shipped 6  goals plenty to work on for both sides. Cant see were the teams will get results going to be a long hard season for both unless they tighten up at stop leaking goals 

6 hours ago, Daleman said:

Think todays results tells a story 12 - 0 defeat for newmains shows the job to be done there. With a handfull of players in the muirkirk squad today ex newmains they also shipped 6  goals plenty to work on for both sides. Cant see were the teams will get results going to be a long hard season for both unless they tighten up at stop leaking goals 

How can Muirkirk play all these ex Newmains players? Did they buy them?

Jay Burns, Darren Hunter and Scott Steedman were the only released Newmains players played and they asked to be released to which the club agreed. 

Ive bent over backwards to help  Newmains the past two weeks. 

I was slated above for the job I done at Newmains but again this is people just reading results and never actually been down, apart from Daleman whos son was the captain, who also walked away from the club, hopefully now people will realise making Newmaisn just competitive is progress giving the limitations.

Newmains is a very difficult job and I under estimated the Work to be done when I took it on. Bill Carrigan at the club is a complete gentleman and for his sake I wish the club success. It’s easy for people to slate these wee teams, personally I think it’s amazing what people do for the love of the game.

As for Muirkirk ‘shipping goals’ yesterday we played for 60 minutes with 10 men and at 4-3 down in the final 10 minutes I threw everything up top, you get the same points for a 4-3 defeat as you do for a 6-3 defeat and Ardrossan scored 2 goals in the 93rd minute personally I thought it was an excellent performance from a squad I put together with just 3 remaining Muirkirk players in two weeks. 

Kevin has indeed went above and beyond over the last week in helping with the handover of the reigns at Newmains and we can't thank him enough for that. 

Gary and I are under no false illusions of the tough task that we have ahead of us, but given the time we are ambitious to move the club forward both on and off the park. 

In the short time of knowing Bill Carrigan he  is an admirable man and it is clear to see his passion for the club but he can't do everything by himself and is in dire need of the local community to get behind the team and help with the running of the club off the field. 

9 minutes ago, New Era said:

Kevin has indeed went above and beyond over the last week in helping with the handover of the reigns at Newmains and we can't thank him enough for that. 

Gary and I are under no false illusions of the tough task that we have ahead of us, but given the time we are ambitious to move the club forward both on and off the park. 

In the short time of knowing Bill Carrigan he  is an admirable man and it is clear to see his passion for the club but he can't do everything by himself and is in dire need of the local community to get behind the team and help with the running of the club off the field. 

Agree Bill, Gary and Craig need more people in supporting behind the scenes this will allow the guys to focus on football and get it right on the park, two very enthusiastic lads with a complete love for the game. I have no doubts they’ll find their feet squad wise and raise a few eyebrows. Good luck lads

Jay Burns, Darren Hunter and Scott Steedman were the only released Newmains players played and they asked to be released to which the club agreed. 

Ive bent over backwards to help  Newmains the past two weeks. 

I was slated above for the job I done at Newmains but again this is people just reading results and never actually been down, apart from Daleman whos son was the captain, who also walked away from the club, hopefully now people will realise making Newmaisn just competitive is progress giving the limitations.

Newmains is a very difficult job and I under estimated the Work to be done when I took it on. Bill Carrigan at the club is a complete gentleman and for his sake I wish the club success. It’s easy for people to slate these wee teams, personally I think it’s amazing what people do for the love of the game.

As for Muirkirk ‘shipping goals’ yesterday we played for 60 minutes with 10 men and at 4-3 down in the final 10 minutes I threw everything up top, you get the same points for a 4-3 defeat as you do for a 6-3 defeat and Ardrossan scored 2 goals in the 93rd minute personally I thought it was an excellent performance from a squad I put together with just 3 remaining Muirkirk players in two weeks. 

As a neutral at yesterday's game I completely agree with the new Muirkirk manager in the above statement. I have watched Muirkirk a few times in the last few months under the last manager. Yesterday I was quite impressed by some good attacks by the Muirkirk team.If they tighten up a bit they will get some more positive results. In Mr Muirheads first game I did see improvements .Good luck for the rest of the season

Archived