Queens vs Pars

I'm another that thought faddy had a good game. Thought we fell out of it when he went off and we moved dykes to left mid.

Tbf to dykes he did well up top but fell out of it at left mid, seems to be ok as long as the ball is ahead of him to run on to.

Thought we could have varied the play a bit rather than rely on the lump to dykes too often.

I was a big fan of Wedderburn at Cowdenbeath but he looked unfit today. Clark was poor as well although didn't get a lot of service.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Erm there were 5 bookings in that game. [emoji6]
Fordyce and Brownlie for us. Talbot, Splaine and McFoulalot for you.

Right enough. I was nodding off by that stage mind you. Splaine is a booking in waiting every game and Talbot's one looked like for nothing (maybe dissent) so still nothing dirty. McManus had three or four fouls given against him that were totally wrong but then Finnie the Falkirk fan often does fond ways to do things like that. Even when Brownlie got booked it was like he just decided he was going to book somebody for no reason other than people weren't looking at him for a change.

Erm there were 5 bookings in that game. [emoji6]
Fordyce and Brownlie for us. Talbot, Splaine and McFoulalot for you.

Thought Clark might have got a card during one of the subs but I think I might have been seeing things .

Finnie went through his mandatory spell of terrible decisions which resulted in the the dissent bookings for talbot and clark (if this actually happened) when you repeatedly make basic f**k ups players are going to get frustrated, happens every game he ref's but he can't handle being crisised, unless your mcfadden who was allowed to follow him around for most of the game complaining .

Mcmanus was getting as much treatment as he was giving out and then the foul he gets booked for is something he can't possibly prevent, he put the ball past the defender and when chasing onto it and the defender steps across him. A minute later Higgy is tripped with near identical contact on the of the box and no foul given.

Think McFadden deserves huge credit for his hunger to get in good shape so quickly. He put in a terrific shift and provided some beautifully disguised passes and tracked forward and back frequently. He looks like he still has goals in him as he took up some great position and was very unlucky with a smashing volley going just past the post. 

Dykes tries but he just lacks certain ingredients for me. He doesn't have a goalscorers instinct. He wins headers but he doesn't seem to have the ability to bullet home a header and put his head in where it really hurts. Hes so nearly there but just doesn't quite cut it.

Rankin and Jacobs were tremendous for us today. Put in a hell of a shift. Ashcroft and Smith caught my eye for them. Smith looks a right good prospect

8 hours ago, football maniac said:

Think McFadden deserves huge credit for his hunger to get in good shape so quickly. He put in a terrific shift and provided some beautifully disguised passes and tracked forward and back frequently. He looks like he still has goals in him as he took up some great position and was very unlucky with a smashing volley going just past the post. 

This has got to be a wind-up, but anyway.

"Good shape "- if that's the best he can do after 3 months it's time to quit.

"Tracked forward and back" - he could not do it and we were left exposed down the left all the time.  All he could do was to try and pull opponents shirts in an effort to stop them  - quite embarrassing really.

" Some beautifully disguised passes"  - well you could be right on that one.   Heavily disguised I would say as he more often than not found a Dunfermline player.

"looks like he still has goals in him" - someone with his talent should have buried that volley and he completely messed up the header.

Some might say it's sad but he looks lost most of the time ands the game just passes him by.

"Tracked forward and back" - he could not do it and we were left exposed down the left all the time.  All he could do was to try and pull opponents shirts in an effort to stop them  - quite embarrassing really.
" Some beautifully disguised passes"  - well you could be right on that one.   Heavily disguised I would say as he more often than not found a Dunfermline player.
"looks like he still has goals in him" - someone with his talent should have buried that volley and he completely messed up the header.
Some might say it's sad but he looks lost most of the time ands the game just passes him by.

Other than that though, did you think he played well?

2 hours ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Jeez, I can be negative regarding Queens at times but everything you post seems to be slagging something! 

Naysmith has a very negative attitude, indeed his whole demeanour is.

Perhaps I have been engulfed by that cloud which he brings.

I always want and hope for the best with Queens and am generally supportive of all things QOS.

However, if blatant mistakes are occurring then it seems justifiable to highlight them.

This Manager has signed not one but 2 right backs he seems now to have little confidence in as well as a GK on whom the jury seems to be out on given the many comments on here.

To top it all, he brings in his old mate who is quite clearly done - and should stick to pursuing his media career.

He has, at his disposal, on of the most potent strike forces in the Division but seems to keep inventing ways not to play it instead of letting it flourish.

In spite of all this, I still love going to Palmerston but , at the present time, it is much less enjoyable than in recent seasons.

However, I have witnessed much , much worse over the decades so I will stick with it and hope the Manager gets it right sooner rather than later.

I though that McFadden was a poor signing and am still of the opinion that we should have signed a midfield playmaker instead of him. That said I thought he was decent yesterday all things considered. Certainly if I compare his performance with that of Connor Murray - McFadden was much more of a threat and certainly justified his inclusion more than Murray did.

Andy Stirling has not started the way I thought he would with us but I thought he should have started yday ahead of either Faddy and certainly Murray.

I thought the ref had a good game, apart from being slow to book the persistent foulers in the Dunfermline team.

Wow. I suppose you see what you want to see but while players and fans aren't the most objective of observers, the ferocity of the protests at some of the decisions were quite telling. Not just a wee huff and a shout at the ref but a sustained bout of incredulity and disbelief at some of the decisions being made. The free kick given for the one that McManus was eventually booked for (and yes, he probably could have been booked earlier given the amount of "fouls" given against him) was a particularly awful decision. The inconsistency was incredible - some fouls were not given on one occasion and then almost identical challenges were pulled up, sometimes moments later. He blew for an offside rather than let play develop when Dunfermline had the ball in a dangerous position and had to be overruled by his linesman when trying to give a corner when it was clear to everyone in the ground it was a goal kick. I'm just glad there weren't any major calls to make as I genuinely feared the game was going to be decided on an incorrect refereeing decision. We've had some bad refs this season but that was one of the worst displays I've seen in many a season. Of course, Finnie will be delighted as he's another one of those "Look at me" referees that think we pay our £16 or whatever to watch him and not the 2 teams.

9 hours ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Not at all. Its not just me that's noticed his improvement. Yes he will never be the same Faddy of yesteryear, but the Faddy we got yesterday was chalk and cheese compared to the guy who came on recently against Morton. With every game he has been getting that bit better and sharper and yesterday was more evidence of that. Never once did they trouble us down his side and that was partly due to Faddys commendable attitude and partly Marsh being solid. Whos to say theres not even more improvement to come? When you consider how much he has improved over such a short period then its exciting to think of the level he could reach once hes 100 %. Once he went off it was apparent he was missed and for me he didn't seem overly tired when hooked despite doing loads of running. Young Connor Murray and Lyndon Dykes should have been hooked instead. 

An OK game yesterday, but mainly frustrating for both sides. 

Only 3 defeats so far this season, in all competitions, for Queens but it was the Pars looking to avoid a third loss on the bounce. 

I think we would probably say the point is better for us as the away team but I wouldn't say by much. 

The game was there for the taking for either side but poor finishing and a lack of quality in the final third cost both sides, IMO. 

For my full thoughts on the match, you can find it here;

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/10/15/frustrating-afternoon-in-dumfries-after-goalless-draw/

1 hour ago, football maniac said:

Never once did they trouble us down his side and that was partly due to Faddys commendable attitude

That is absolute nonsense and completely untrue.

Dunfermline broke down that side time after time,  1st half  especially, with several crosses coming in whilst McFadden was left trailing up the park. 

I know because it's right in front of me.

I can only think you are a closet Motherwell fan and suggest you remove the 'claret and amber' specs !

Archived