Queens vs Pars

I've seen worse 0-0 draws, but a goal never looked terribly likely.  

Lots of battling performances, but the absence of clear cut chances reflects the lack of football on display.  No complaints about the result, but it's not much use.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing between the teams both keepers did not have a save to make.We went close a few times but just could not score .

Thought Dunfermline had won it at the end with that header but someone got it off the line 

The ball was in the air a lot and in midfield .

Worry for us is that the only real goal threat we have is really Dobbie mark him well and that is it for us..

McFadden and Dykes did okay but both don't carry a goal threat.

Suspect Saints will be easy enough to deal with any club shows interest in Jan window.

Don't bet on it. Our current batch of strikers are struggling like f**k. Kanes shite but he still looks more useful than the likes of Denny Johnstone. I'd be surprised if he doesn't return to us if you lot don't want to extend his loan, which looks likely.

So our back up centre mid is a youngster who hadn't played for a whole season and barely before that. Great.

Seriously, we lose Cardle and we sound absolutely gutless.

Splaine was fine.

It was a battle today and whilst we lacked abit of spark we generally stood up to the task. I don't think it was really a game where we could have tried lochhead for a abit of creativity.

This league is never going to be filled with silky football. Draws away from home aren't to be sniffed at.

Shocking

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

Worry for us is that the only real goal threat we have is really Dobbie mark him well and that is it for us

Doesn't need to be that way but that is down to the Manager.

Absolutely shocking from him to start McFadden and, to a lesser extent, Dykes ahead of Lyle.

Lyle is a goal threat and also brings out the best in Dobbie  - when will Naysmith get this ?

McFadden is a waste of a jersey and wage. Scandalous 'cronieism' from the Manager.

He cannot track back and it was absolutely embarrassing to see at one point Higginbotham heading toward our box with McFadden trailing in his wake and woefully and unashamedly trying to grab him by the arm to stop him - he couldn't even manage that.

For someone with his talent he could not fulfil the playmaker role and failed to find a blue jersey most of the time.

He also missed 2 excellent chances which you would have expected him to score - he just doesn't have it anymore.

As well as Lyle I would put Stirling and Murray ahead of him and pretty much anyone else too.

Shocking

McFadden is a waste of a jersey and wage. Scandalous 'cronieism' from the Manager.

He cannot track back and it was absolutely embarrassing to see at one point Higginbotham heading toward our box with McFadden trailing in his wake and woefully and unashamedly trying to grab him by the arm to stop him - he couldn't even manage that.

For someone with his talent he could not fulfil the playmaker role and failed to find a blue jersey most of the time.

He also missed 2 excellent chances which you would have expected him to score - he just doesn't have it anymore.

Wouldn't mind so much if he was on the bench, but seriously, what has he done to warrant a start? Very disappointing and yes it does look like he's giving his mate a game.

Ok maybe just me then but I thought McFadden played well today and was disappointed when he went off. 

As for the game, we played well. Dunfermline are decent and for both sides it was a case of defences on top. A few half chances, more for us than them, best of which either McFadden's volley from the edge of the box or Dobbie's opportunity where he tried to nutmeg a defender instead of just hitting it, both towards the end of the first half. To be fair Jacobs got one off the line late on.

A good draw with positives for us but we need to start hitting the net again.

I thought we played well today - had far more of the play, created some decent chances and should have won the game. Sadly for us yet another game where we have come out with the bare minimum that we deserved.

Thought back 4 was very solid and limited Pars to very few chances and Jacobs and Rankine bossed the midfield. I have to admit that Connor Murray was very fortunate to stay on as long as he did - for someone with a reputation as a "ball player" his touch was poor.GN took a brave decision to play him from start but he didn't really repay the faith shown in him.

Can't believe that we are 9 points behind St Mirren - only team that have outplayed us in first quarter is Livvy (marginally) and I would say conservatively that we should have another 4/5 points at this stage.

14 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Ok maybe just me then but I thought McFadden played well today and was disappointed when he went off. 

As for the game, we played well. Dunfermline are decent and for both sides it was a case of defences on top. A few half chances, more for us than them, best of which either McFadden's volley from the edge of the box or Dobbie's opportunity where he tried to nutmeg a defender instead of just hitting it, both towards the end of the first half. To be fair Jacobs got one off the line late on.

A good draw with positives for us but we need to start hitting the net again.

I thought McFadden did well today as well.Tired in the 2 nd half but had a good 1st half.Had a great chance with a header which he got all wrong but made some good passes.

Goals are now a huge problem now I just don't see where they are going to come from.

2 hours ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Shocking

Doesn't need to be that way but that is down to the Manager.

Absolutely shocking from him to start McFadden and, to a lesser extent, Dykes ahead of Lyle.

Lyle is a goal threat and also brings out the best in Dobbie  - when will Naysmith get this ?

As well as Lyle I would put Stirling and Murray ahead of him and pretty much anyone else too.

Disappointed in those comments I really thot we missed 'FADDY' when he went of he played well for the 60 mins, he did play particularly well the first half. Del didn't do much when he came on  but I would have brought him on sooner to replace young Murray who didn't repay the gaffer after getting a start lots to learn.

Had more of the game but kind of huffed and puffed to no real effect. We need to get the Del and Dobbie partnership going again, that's where the goals will come from.

So pleased but not surprised that they give Nicky a full game. He seems to have put a few pounds on, maybe trying to challenge Wedderburn and Nade for the fattest ar#e in the league!

Been at worse 0-0 draws.  Queens better team first half and really should have been in front. Second half pretty even.  Totally dominated the second half at Inverness, same result, probably the biggest cliche in the game must score when in charge.

4 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Nothing between the teams both keepers did not have a save to make.We went close a few times but just could not score .

Thought Dunfermline had won it at the end with that header but someone got it off the line 

The ball was in the air a lot and in midfield .

Worry for us is that the only real goal threat we have is really Dobbie mark him well and that is it for us..

McFadden and Dykes did okay but both don't carry a goal threat.

Dobbie has only scored 1 league goal, need Del and Dobbs upfront together again.

32 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Dobbie has only scored 1 league goal, need Del and Dobbs upfront together again.

He has scored 2 league goals from open play and 1 pen. All 3 came against Falkirk.

Eta Lyle was a sub in that game and Kane was playing when Dobbie scored. Lyle scored 2 of his 4 goals when Dobbie was injured. I think the only time they have combined for a league goal was when Dobbie set Lyle up v Morton.

This lot are easily the dirtiest team I've seen this season.

Erm, what? Barely a challenge in the game as evidenced by the lack of physio involvement or injury time. Only 2 bookings I think, one for persistent fouling (when the foul that tipped him over the edge wasn't even a foul) and one for a very cynical pull back when Smith had skipped past Fordyce. Maybe you were confused by the constant whistling of one of the worst referees in Scotland. Finnie really is awful.

Anyway, overall a decent point for us but as I said at half time it was two teams lacking in confidence particularly in front of goal. We're missing Cardle in a big way and you're missing the Dobbie of last season. If we can get a few points on the road next quarter then I think we'll be top 4. Queens should be aiming a bit higher and might well make a play off push if they can find a goal or two from somewhere. It's a strange league though, everyone can beat everyone else.

17 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Erm, what? Barely a challenge in the game as evidenced by the lack of physio involvement or injury time. Only 2 bookings I think, one for persistent fouling (when the foul that tipped him over the edge wasn't even a foul) and one for a very cynical pull back when Smith had skipped past Fordyce. Maybe you were confused by the constant whistling of one of the worst referees in Scotland. Finnie really is awful.

Erm there were 5 bookings in that game. ;)

Fordyce and Brownlie for us. Talbot, Splaine and McFoulalot for you.

Archived