Queens vs Pars

4 hours ago, P475 said:

I fear for us in this game. Our performances have went downhill since Jo got injured. 

When I looked at our line up against falkirk, I wished I hadn't bought a ticket. Saying that we only  lost by two goals, a good team would have hammered us. 

Beat St Mirren at home convincingly. Beat Brechin up there convincingly. Lost to United. Lost to Falkirk in an utterly meaningless competition.

Hardly off a cliff......although hurry back Joe.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Take it that would be Williamson and Morris?

Usually, Smith has started a few games though and fans would like more playing time for him, good player.

Unlike Paul Burns, one of the most out of his depth footballers to play for us. Howling.

4 hours ago, Grant228 said:

With M'voto being fit do you think AJ will go to a back five again?

Murdoch

Williamson
Morris
M'Voto
Ashcroft
Talbot

Wedderburn
Splaine
Higginbotham

Smith
Clark

McManus has to play.

Heading into tomorrow's match I've got a couple of previews on my website. 

First one today is with Callum Fordyce. 

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/10/13/fordyce-praises-williamsons-mental-strength-after-scotland-u21s-debut/

Where do you expect him to play - CB or RB?

How's Shaun Rooney and Scott Mercer getting on with you guys? Both ex Pars who didn't get many first team opportunities. 

The one player I'm really impressed with is Jason Kerr. Saw him for East Fife a few times and he was excellent. I think he will be a great player in a couple of years time if he keeps progressing. 

Any injury news? I see Kane sent off last week and Lyle wasn't in the squad if I remember correctly. 

Really wish Burnsy was still with us  but fully understand why he isn't.
Was the best player on the pitch at Del's testimonial with McKenna not far behind.
Midfield never been the same since their departure.

Totally agree - when Paul decided to leave he obviously had a career decision to take but I think at the time he thought that we were on the up and that he might struggle to get a game.

If that was a factor in his decision to leave it was a miscalculation because he would walk into our midfield as would a fully fit McKenna.

Two players who really could put in a shift and who could help to get us real control of the midfield. Worryingly, I am told that the Montrose midfield had a lot more creativity than we did last week until they ran out of steam.

3 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Totally agree - when Paul decided to leave he obviously had a career decision to take but I think at the time he thought that we were on the up and that he might struggle to get a game.

If that was a factor in his decision to leave it was a miscalculation because he would walk into our midfield as would a fully fit McKenna.

Two players who really could put in a shift and who could help to get us real control of the midfield. Worryingly, I am told that the Montrose midfield had a lot more creativity than we did last week until they ran out of steam.

In fairness, important as both players were, neither were especially creative.  It's a type of player we've often lacked down the years.

For a wee guy I thought Burnsy was hard as nails. Some of the fifty fifty challenges he went into and won against much bigger guys were unreal and he did this numerous times. Great player for us and wish we had him now.

The last great one we had was Tosh. How I'd love to have a player like him again.

For me the last one was McShane. He was a massive loss in there after he left. He wasn't as good as Tosh though and Tosh was probably the best creative midfielder I can recall watching for us.

Tosh certainly springs to mind.  He was genuinely creative and capable of putting his foot on the ball in a way we've not seen since.

McShane was valuable in that he was always offering an option.  He also had a good attacking instinct that made him want to pass forwards.  It's often forgotten though that much as we subsequently missed him, he had a lot of pretty indifferent performances in a Queens shirt.  

I agree with the comment about Burns.  It really irritated me when people said he was too slight and easily knocked off the ball.  Obviously, he was a skinny guy, but I don't think I once saw him readily brushed aside in a physical sense.

41 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

For me the last one was McShane. He was a massive loss in there after he left. He wasn't as good as Tosh though and Tosh was probably the best creative midfielder I can recall watching for us.

This.

Tosh was in a different class but McShane was a terrific playmaker. 

8 hours ago, dafcburty said:

Heading into tomorrow's match I've got a couple of previews on my website. 

First one today is with Callum Fordyce. 

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/10/13/fordyce-praises-williamsons-mental-strength-after-scotland-u21s-debut/

Where do you expect him to play - CB or RB?

How's Shaun Rooney and Scott Mercer getting on with you guys? Both ex Pars who didn't get many first team opportunities. 

The one player I'm really impressed with is Jason Kerr. Saw him for East Fife a few times and he was excellent. I think he will be a great player in a couple of years time if he keeps progressing. 

Any injury news? I see Kane sent off last week and Lyle wasn't in the squad if I remember correctly. 

Kerr has been quite impressive.  He was missing last week as he was away with the Scotland U21's,  but don't think he was used. If he is back we may see Fordyce move to right back at the expense of Rooney.  Rooney probably offers more of an attacking threat but maybe a bit raw defensively. Mercer is very much a bench jockey this season with Fordyce and Rooney ahead of him for right back duty.  He has only made a couple of sub appearances.  Kane hasn't yet had the impact that you would hope to get from a loanee from a PremierLeague team.  I don't think he went off injured last week,  he just wasn't doing very well.  We certainly looked a bit more threatening up front when he was replaced. Lyle's absence seems to be a bit of a mystery,  although I haven't checked the official site for news of any injury.  Hopefully he is back in the squad for this game. 

Archived