Project Brave rumbles on..

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, nsr said:

I don't think the vast majority of people would even care if it was openly admitted to be a fix and a farce.  Sevco and Celtic fans already believe their two clubs (OK, one club and one clumpany), and one achieving mastery over the other, are all that matters. If the powers that be actually came out and admitted "Yes, that is all we care about too and we are doing everything in our power to maintain that status quo" the Celvconians would probably just shrug and carry on.

Sadly you're right. The 2012 watershed wasn't a good one.

11 hours ago, NYD1997 said:

You do understand that one of the main criteria outside of coaching is facilities? Each club has to have their own facilities or have a service agreement with a set venue. At the moment Fife do not have that. Aberdeen have already have the rules bent for this as it was originally supposed to be their own facilities (lennoxtown, murray park,  even Herriot watt uni for hearts where it is purpose built areas for them)  For the other academy's forth valley play at stirling and the Highland academy are new but from my understanding have somewhere set already

Fife Elite Academy will be playing out of a brand new facility in Glenrothes. https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/fife/483691/football-academy-could-draw-worlds-top-players/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

There is also a brand new artificial pitch at Bayview.

On 12/10/2017 at 09:09, NYD1997 said:

I think you'll find he is spot on. To be exact it was one of the main people on the committee.... In fact if i am correct if you put the Ayr and saints "offers" together. Saints one far out matched Ayr's in every area including qualified coaches

From what I heard this was far from the case. Perhaps a misundestanding of the Ayr bid by some disappointed Saintees. However history is history and you can bet that the SFA are determined to exclude a most clubs from elite status now.

From what I heard this was far from the case. Perhaps a misundestanding of the Ayr bid by some disappointed Saintees. However history is history and you can bet that the SFA are determined to exclude a most clubs from elite status now.

Involved (as a parent of a youth player) in the Dundee attempt. The Ayr bid was specifically stated by Gerry Creaney as a likely stumbling block due to backroom agreements. This was well before Saints and Dundee finally got knocked back in preference to the Ayr bid.
Just hearsay obviously, but another club coming out with a similar story.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha. Let's do it the German way. No that didn't work, let's do it the Spanish way. Wait a minute, Iceland did well, let's follow their set up.
Now it's the English we should be following!
McClair's system never got a chance before it was binned to actually see if it is going to generate players of a high standard and pundits want us to continually change to "the next big thing".
Give one system a good run before chopping and changing.

Agree we have to give a well thought out project a chance with consistent leadership giving direction.
England restructured opened St George’s park around 2012 I believe , and the youngest group at that time are now the U17’s who just won the World Cup .
Whatever system or model it’s gonna take time .

Dundee will be fucking fuming. We've just advertised vacancies to meet the standards of Project Brave.

It's the most farcical thing I've seen in Scottish football and being a Dundee fans that's no small feat. The fact we've been trying to go for it is an embarrassment as well.

Archived