Project Brave rumbles on..

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

I've always thought Radford was Saints best poster, until very recently. He's changed man. 

I blame Kyle, tbh. 

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Think I voted for Kyle as best Saints poster last year.

Worst? I'm looking at you you pint sharing sheep shagging c**t.

:lol:@jamamafegan

5 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

Okay then, to prove you're not just a fat c**t keyboard warrier, who did you play for, and between when?

He's also claimed that hes caddied for American presidents and been an agent for major footballing transfers. So you can make your mind up on your own if you're expecting any form of answer to your question. 

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's also claimed that hes caddied for American presidents and been an agent for major footballing transfers. So you can make your mind up on your own if you're expecting any form of answer to your question. 

His contempt for one’s opinion should be seen as a badge of honour and verifiable justification of that opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44587803

"When I went to Poland, it was so different - the culture, their attitude towards football.

"The way they play the game is so different to Scotland and I think you see that at the World Cup.

"Over there, I was a fish out of water. I was so behind, but fortunately they stuck with me, the manager showed great allegiance to me and, after three months, I understood how they wanted me to play.

"Trivial things like how you receive the ball, what power you should pass the ball in different situations, how you should cross the ball. Everything changed for me."

Ziggy Gordon on his return from Poland. Yep, there's nothing wrong with Scottish football that the bigot brothers Colts teams in the fourth division won't sort. 

11 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44587803

"When I went to Poland, it was so different - the culture, their attitude towards football.

"The way they play the game is so different to Scotland and I think you see that at the World Cup.

"Over there, I was a fish out of water. I was so behind, but fortunately they stuck with me, the manager showed great allegiance to me and, after three months, I understood how they wanted me to play.

"Trivial things like how you receive the ball, what power you should pass the ball in different situations, how you should cross the ball. Everything changed for me."

Ziggy Gordon on his return from Poland. Yep, there's nothing wrong with Scottish football that the bigot brothers Colts teams in the fourth division won't sort. 

Im not really a supporter of the colts idea but Poland do have second teams in their league set up.

Does that make the Polish league set up infinitely better than league? No. Will it sort out our leagues? No.

And despite it having nothing to do with Gordon or the article its only you sarcastically suggesting that it will.

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I think you've rather massively missed the point 

Do mean my post? I was really suggesting its a bit foolish when suggesting scottish football is going about changes comparing it to a country whos league set up have ‘colts’.  I was also suggesting arguing that nobody of note had really had suggested it would massively improve our scotlands footballing fortunes which is why I am against it as because of the uproar from other fans its hardly worth it.

I think the point Gordon was making was that in Europe, young players are coached how to play football.  Whereas in Scotland, and in my own personal experience, its a win at all costs attitude so the coaches (parents) can boast that their child won the Renfew under 12's district league to all their mates.

• 1 month later...

Interesting to see Henry McLeish denouncing Project Brave and the implementation of several of his review recommendations in today's paper. He says power, finance and control within SFA has become dominated by a few powerful clubs who have "emasculated" the body plus "derailed and hijacked" the elite youth programme - particularly savaging the ditching of regional academies. "I constantly hear from SFA that they have implemented nearly all of the recommendations - but take 'Project Brave'. They have not implemented the recommendations. In fact it has gone the other way".

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/henry-mcleish-emasculated-sfa-now-has-very-little-power-1-4787696

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/scotland/henry-mcleish-says-hampden-is-a-symbol-of-our-national-pride-1-4787702

• 2 months later...
On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 23:30, HibeeJibee said:

Interesting to see Henry McLeish denouncing Project Brave and the implementation of several of his review recommendations in today's paper. He says power, finance and control within SFA has become dominated by a few powerful clubs who have "emasculated" the body plus "derailed and hijacked" the elite youth programme - particularly savaging the ditching of regional academies. "I constantly hear from SFA that they have implemented nearly all of the recommendations - but take 'Project Brave'. They have not implemented the recommendations. In fact it has gone the other way".

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/henry-mcleish-emasculated-sfa-now-has-very-little-power-1-4787696

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/scotland/henry-mcleish-says-hampden-is-a-symbol-of-our-national-pride-1-4787702

Bump.

Henry McLeish has written a new book called Scottish Football: a Requiem or Renaissance? - thus ranking second only to the Supporters Direct chap's Saving Scottish Football in the title hysteria stakes - and parts of it have been summarised in The Scotsman over the last 2 days. There is an awful lot of vogue buzzwords about diversity, equality, gender and so forth... and a lot of harking back to the heady times of the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s and the need to recapture those days... and a core argument that Scottish football is being held back as we're not ambitious, optimistic or motivated enough. However after this he discusses practical considerations of self-interest, greed and control.

What I find most interesting about it is that his main criticisms are (1) the SPFL or more accurately the Premiership taking-over the SFA; and (2) the dismantling of the "Scotland United 2020" vision of youth development in favour of the (broadly undefined) "Project Brave" initiatives which he says is simply a money and power grab by the largest clubs. Both those points of view are of course quite legitimate. However both were made possible because of the recommendations of his Review: or rather as he allowed the recommendations of his review to be largely shaped by what was then the SPL. Of course he also endorsed their plan for 10-team SPL but it failed. His governance plan removed checks + balances, concentrated power and bureaucratised youth development, which he now criticises.

As with his August comments you do, at times, almost feel like he's trying to vindicate his actions in light of what they've become. It certainly seems like his dream has turned into a nightmare.

League Three is apparently already in the works. 

A 12 team division below League Two, will feature four Highland League teams, four Lowland League teams, and four Colt sides.

Archived