Project Brave rumbles on..

3 minutes ago, NYD1997 said:

2 - What happens if one of the teams (Motherwell and Killie would be the 2 obvious ones) stop meeting the criteria? Do they get dumped out or does it just get ignored? 

Sounds like there is a revaluation every few years. 2020 is when United are now aiming to get in, apparently. 

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Marr1 said:

Sounds like there is a revaluation every few years. 2020 is when United are now aiming to get in, apparently. 

It will soon be cut down to 2, maybe 4 at a push, so that the "chosen ones" can get what they want

No because these players got caps when playing or just after playing for United, but okay then.

Not talking about that though. Talking about actually having players come through youth systems.

I think this idea is a load of shite and like you I think that Dundee/United or Saints should be involved for the area we are in, I also like Dundee United.

But you’re getting on your high horse over Hamilton when they’ve produced McCarthy and McCarthur and United have only really produced Goodwillie and Russell in the same period. I’m not counting Kenneth.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Not talking about that though. Talking about actually having players come through youth systems.

I think this idea is a load of shite and like you I think that Dundee/United or Saints should be involved for the area we are in, I also like Dundee United.

But you’re getting on your high horse over Hamilton when they’ve produced McCarthy and McCarthur and United have only really produced Goodwillie and Russell in the same period. I’m not counting Kenneth.

one of which jumped ship to play for Ireland. p***k.

8 minutes ago, Marr1 said:

Accies get £1.8m from TV money by being in the Premiership, you avg 2500 for 19 games a season at £18 per head, which comes to £855,500. The parachute payment is £500,000. So Accies are looking at least £1.3m shortfall, and that's if your crowds stay the same. How can Accies budget for roughly half their turnover disappearing overnight, unless there's a massive Warchest in that double decker bus of yours?

Because you thick as the shit on the neck of a bottle Accies do not commit their full income season upon season, this gives them the safety net required because we get tipped for relegation season after season by the so called experts and fans of opposition clubs.

20 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

McCarthy was easily the required standard, it wasn't his or Hamilton' fault that Billy Stark wasn't interested in him.

Sad to hear that his career is in the balance.

I’m not interested in developing players for Ireland. 

2 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

I honestly dont see why Rangers got it as after all these years of Murray Park, the only player to come out of there and play MANY games for Scotland has been Alan Hutton.. Is this what we are to aspire to?

Why is a five year old club with no internationalist ever, getting to be a apart of this ;)

Edit: Forgot Lee Wallace and Ryan Jack.

I don't know that much about Project Brave but my thoughts is why do we have Malky Mackay in the top position when I don't think he has had any youth development experience and my concern listening to his interview after Scotland game was he sounded like an advertisement to try get another job.   

I've used to go and watch the Aberdeen Under 21's regular in the past although haven't watched them for a few years but this season I've watched the Under 20's about 4 times and really concerned how much the standard has dropped in the last 10 years. I think one of the reasons for the standard dropping was not having a reserve league due to top clubs having financial issues so really concerned that they want cull the numbers of youth players. 

Archived