Gilly FC

• 2 weeks later...

Heard over the weekend that another player has been signed for crazy money for this level. Those running the club should be embarrassed that they have allowed a manager to come in with his own (or his families) resources and allow his personal agenda to dictate the club.  It's plain for all to see that he will jump ship at earliest opportunity at a higher level . He has touted himself about for every job going. When he leaves ,the club will be in a shambles. Very few players left, club detached from the community it was once at the heart of. Whilst everyone is criticising the manager for his approach surely those running the club should be accountable for putting the clubs long term future in doubt by allowing such a ludicrous model in place at a club that can't sustain such an approach. The only saving grace is that it's unlikely the manager will leave for another club because his reputation is poor at best.  So maybe uppers will get another season or two  of his idiotic approach before the club implodes.  The chairman and committee should be ashamed at their weakness and allowing a manager to jeopardise the clubs values and future. Sad times for what was a once great club representing a supportive community.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched some of Heston-Uppers game tonight.
Shambolic from Gilfilan’s Moffat side but credit to young Heston side.
Are some of these players at zippers really getting paid to play?
Uppers are becoming a laughing stock in this league for various reasons.
As Gingerbreadman says not only the manager at fault but Committee also for letting this idiot ruin a once decent club.

I was there last night and Heston could and perhaps should have been up 10 or more at half time. Second half they started slowly and allowed Uppers to pull 2 back before going on and scoring 3 more. They also missed a few clear cut chances in the second half so the score could have been a lot worse.

I don’t know if it was that Uppers were that poor or that Heston just clicked on the night, was hard to tell really. Maybe a bit of both.

I noticed that Mr Gilfillan wasn’t in the dugout but sitting at the back of the stand. Banned or trying a different approach?

Gilly sacked??? [emoji85]

Not before time if true. Made Uppers a laughing stock in this league with his so called spending of cash.

Wonder who will be next to go? Mr Frazer at Saints hanging in there or Darren Kerr at Dalbeattie could be for the bullet soon, sitting 3rd bottom.

Archived