2 hours ago, archieb said:

1. No league fixtures should ever have been set for 28th October as this was already set as SJCR2 day involving all but a handful of WR clubs.

2. The draw for the West of Scotland Cup R1 was made way back at the AGM in June, so which teams had home & away draws was already known well in advance - also the date was set as 11th November way back in August before any of the November league fixtures were released.

3. Whatever the draw for those cup competitions, they should be ignored in setting alternating home and away league fixtures around them so the latest tranche of  league fixtures for Lugar, after 21/10/17 Annbank home (which was released in the first tranche),  should ideally have looked like this:

28/10 left blank waiting for the SJCR2 draw

4/11 away league fixture

11/11 WoSCR1 Clydebank home

18/11 home league fixture

25/11 blank waiting for SJCR2 results & R3 draw

2/12 away league fixture

9/12 home

16/12 away

With only 11 teams in the Ayrshire Division this season, the odd postponement or SJC replay shouldn't prevent the teams completing their fixtures in comfortable time or with minimal late-season congestion.

Yes I can see now what you are saying

1. No league fixtures should ever have been set for 28th October as this was already set as SJCR2 day involving all but a handful of WR clubs.
2. The draw for the West of Scotland Cup R1 was made way back at the AGM in June, so which teams had home & away draws was already known well in advance - also the date was set as 11th November way back in August before any of the November league fixtures were released.
3. Whatever the draw for those cup competitions, they should be ignored in setting alternating home and away league fixtures around them so the latest tranche of  league fixtures for Lugar, after 21/10/17 Annbank home (which was released in the first tranche),  should ideally have looked like this:
4/11 away league fixture
2/12 away league fixture
9/12 home
16/12 away
With only 11 teams in the Ayrshire Division this season, the odd postponement or SJC replay shouldn't prevent the teams completing their fixtures in comfortable time or with minimal late-season congestion.

Careful Archie, sounds like you're talking yourself into a job!

18 hours ago, archieb said:

4/11 away league fixture

2/12 away league fixture

9/12 home

16/12 away

Archieb is all over this, pretty straight forward and sensible. The fact the dinosaur in charge of fixtures has years of experience at doing it yet can't do it right,  smacks of i don't give a f**k I, ll take my  money at laugh at you all.

4 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Anyone starting to think the secret ballot was rigged 

Who actually counted the secret vote? 

22 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

I thought that from about two seconds after the result was annouced.

5 hours ago, kenny131 said:

Whit?? But surely that would mean that the clique at Towers central had already decided that Scotty boy wasn't going to be replaced by anyone who threatened to be competent and who intended to introduce some new-fangled ways of working. :huh:

Nah,too far fetched for me bud.:)

We don't have a home League fixture in October or November. We still have to pay the players and we've no matchday income coming in for the next couple of months. Does he even care about the teams?? Doesn't seem like it

I have no idea who the fella is but my mind has conjured up an image of him looking like Mr Burns off The Simpsons. Am I far wrong?

I have no idea who the fella is but my mind has conjured up an image of him looking like Mr Burns off The Simpsons. Am I far wrong?

Mr Burns has more charm.