Ayr United v Airdrieonians

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, rw89 said:

Conroy's one redeemable quality is his set pieces. He was with us as a winger, and did f**k all away from his free kicks. Still put Rangers out the cup along with Nade which was good banter. 

He has never played as a winger for us, always in centre mid.  We have tried under our previous management to turn him in to Kenny Black.   It clearly isnt him, he will never, ever, be a central defensive midfielder.  

Play him on the left side of a midfield 3 as a left sided playmaker and you have an excellent player.

11 hours ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Oops

I had to get up first thing this morning to go and register as homeless, are you hapy with yourself somerset_lad00?

In other news not wanting to turn this thread into a crowdwank but Airdrie's crowd on saturday was so poor, I was epecting you to bring 300+.

4 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I had to get up first thing this morning to go and register as homeless, are you hapy with yourself somerset_lad00?

In other news not wanting to turn this thread into a crowdwank but Airdrie's crowd on saturday was so poor, I was epecting you to bring 300+.

Lots of our fans are staying away from games until Wothorspoon, Ballantyne, McGowan and their mates are gone from our club.

Don't accurately know how many Airdrie fans were there but it was more than at Kirkcaldy ( They announced 76 tho it looked more) and just about what I expected-around 150? If the crowd was 1500 as BBC showed that was 10% of total which is about par these days  and at this stage of a poorish start to the season. Whether it is related to the ongoing problems around the board room I would not dare  to comment.

55 minutes ago, waysider said:

Really? The home crowds done  agree with this. 

The recent average is 760 and last season it was around 830 by season end. The biggest gate was against the Rovers at New Year of 1600 whilst Livingston provided most of the other away fans, so you would predict that as we have not had home games against Rovers/Raith and Ayr that average will rise. As to fans staying away due to their feelings about the "owners" there has to be some truth to that even if it is just anecdotal, but that decline started a long time ago around the play off defeat to Stirling. I would suspect if we can string together some good results then the marginal guys may pop in. As to those who oppose the board etc, they will make their own choices.

16 hours ago, waysider said:

Going by the crowd I go to games with, yes. This is a game where we'd usually take a minbus or if we're doing well a coach to. As far as I'm aware not one person from our lot went. Folk even took to going to watch other teams to get their Saturday fix of football.

17 hours ago, waysider said:

Our average home crowds are down in fact believe we are currently sitting at our lowest ever average crowd.

Obviously there is still along way to go and as Chapelhall Chap points out we do still have Albion Rovers to play at home and Raith Rovers & Ayr will certainly bring bigger away supports than Livingston & Brechin which will boost our average.

But on the flip side we have the winter months coming up when crowds usually drop. Also some of these games were before a lot of the behind the scenes dirt was aired and folk bought season tickets on good faith. 

We run in very different circles and the folk you go to games must still be attending but surely reading message boards and social media its obvious that there are regular fans are not going to games? You only have to look at videos to see how small our support is. Our away supports at Albion Rovers, Raith Rovers and apparently Ayr are well down on what we'd normally take.

1 hour ago, Tory Boy said:

Our average home crowds are down in fact believe we are currently sitting at our lowest ever average crowd.

Obviously there is still along way to go and as Chapelhall Chap points out we do still have Albion Rovers to play at home and Raith Rovers & Ayr will certainly bring bigger away supports than Livingston & Brechin which will boost our average.

But on the flip side we have the winter months coming up when crowds usually drop. Also some of these games were before a lot of the behind the scenes dirt was aired and folk bought season tickets on good faith. 

We run in very different circles and the folk you go to games must still be attending but surely reading message boards and social media its obvious that there are regular fans are not going to games? You only have to look at videos to see how small our support is. Our away supports at Albion Rovers, Raith Rovers and apparently Ayr are well down on what we'd normally take.

What kind of increase would you expect on average for a home game against Albion Rovers?

20 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

The recent average is 760 and last season it was around 830 by season end. The biggest gate was against the Rovers at New Year of 1600 whilst Livingston provided most of the other away fans, so you would predict that as we have not had home games against Rovers/Raith and Ayr that average will rise. As to fans staying away due to their feelings about the "owners" there has to be some truth to that even if it is just anecdotal, but that decline started a long time ago around the play off defeat to Stirling. I would suspect if we can string together some good results then the marginal guys may pop in. As to those who oppose the board etc, they will make their own choices.

Fact of life,  if we're on a losing streak our crowds go down.

Every game, home or away counts.   There is never a place for a "bridge year (or decade)" to a football fan of any club.    You don't sell a "managed decline".   You don't put bums on seats by selling a club with no manager and a bunch of kids.

A winning team , or a team that might be about the achieve something will always get a bigger crowd.  When we played Queen's Park on October 22nd last year,  we were 7th in the table and the crowd was 702.  When we played them again in May, we were closing in on a play-off spot and the crowd was 1,011.  I don't think many of the extra 400 were Queen's Park fans.  When we played them a couple of weeks ago, the attendance was 747.  A winning team will draw the punters, however much of a shambles the club is off the park. 

Archived