Ayr United v Airdrieonians

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

Delighted that fat, balding idiot Oasis fan (directly after Ayr's second) didn't get the result he was after. c**t looks like he'd clap a combustion engine.

I've always presumed you were the guy with the mullet you always see at the Bill Barr Arena.  

5 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Thought we just about deserved a point because we did not collapse after the two quick goals. Ayr did play good football but as some Ayr fans say, they do line up to let Moffat score. although they played neat attractive football it did lack that killer touch. Airdrie competed for almost all of the game and if Conroy had half the effort of Cairns ( he has very little calm skill but he puts himself forward and recovered from a terrible mistake led to their 2nd goal),we would be happier. Going to 4-4-2 with Allan helped get us up the park and be a threat which created the equaliser. The penalty miss was crucial at that stage and no one could work out why Moffat was not offside as the Lino's flag showed-maybe an Airdrie foot on the ball passing it back> The highlights will surely show it and we can apolgise to the Ref if he was right in over ruling. The headphones presumably were working for him to do so, but it frustrated me that he did not even go to speak to the Lino. Ayr are not  a mile away from Raith but might lack that final touch. The seats in the main stand must have been built with the genetically challenged in mind, but are not as bad as Morton.

I thought the ref was one of the better ones we've had in recent times, good decision at the penalty, no "look at me" drama, kept his cards in his pocket as much as possible, let a lot of wee soft fouls go, what more can we ask of a ref at this level.

Dodgy Div Brownlie was all over the place at the penalty and 1st goal, and McDonald's weak as piss tackle at the 2nd were the main let downs on anotherwise promising day.   That's 2 away games in a row we could have won if we'd not have isolated the striker so much with a flat 5 in midfield.   Even having Conroy or Fry just behind him would've helped a lot earlier on.

Our team is looking a lot better these days.    The difference in McGregor since breaking away from Mensing is incredible.    Cairns has been a revelation with his desire and neat passing.  

McIntosh and McGregor should be our central defence tho, hopefully McGregor's injury isnt serious.

Last question mark is Conroy.   I'm not buying the "Conroy is shite" argument.    But we did lose some attacking flair.    Fry has been our  no. 10 and we missed him there,  Stewart and Hastie are in form on the wings,  and both Watt and Cairns have been a tower of strength in centre mid.

Credit to the Ref for spotting that it was an Airdrie  passback which led to the (thankfully missed) penalty and apology from me for being too far away to judge on the day-mind you the Lino is supposed to be able to look at the play as well as the last defender so he misled me!  I did not think the Ref was all that bad but just wanted to clear up the confusion at that moment in time. And yes the old stand at Dens Park has probably less leg room but we don't go there that often now. As far as Conroy goes there is something missing in his game this season .

18 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I've always presumed you were the guy with the mullet you always see at the Bill Barr Arena.  

Bill B@££ has an arena?

Shame he couldn't build you a decent stadium!

Oh, he did put Airdrie out of business and try to steal back their stadium and move it to Ayr!

Bill B@££ has an arena?
Shame he couldn't build you a decent stadium!
Oh, he did put Airdrie out of business and try to steal back their stadium and move it to Ayr!

At least he killed Airdrieonians, that's the main thing.

Archived