Ayr United v Airdrieonians

Surprised that there has not been a comment on the forthcoming fixture  before now.

Set to travel to Somerset next week with a degree of trepidation. On my last visit 3-0 and Chris O'Neill sent off. 

There have been better results  in years gone by; think the first time I was there was 1979-80. 0-2. Bobby Russell ( the hairy ,ex Morton, one that played for us) and Willie McGuire.

Will be happy with a point 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Airdrie are the only team that we've not played yet but seem to be in pretty dire straits (behind the scenes anyway). McCall said he hopes we'll have a full squad to chose from but I can't see Crawford making this one and who knows what's happening with Moore.

Pending any further injuries I'd play this team

Jordan Hart

Andy Geggan
Michael Rose
Chris Higgins
Paddy Boyle

Declan McDaid
Ross Docherty
Jamie Adams
Craig McGuffie

Michael Moffat
Lawrence Shankland

Subs; Avci, Ferguson, Reid, Gilmour, Faulds, Murphy, McCowan

I'd take another unspectacular win just to try and keep up the winning run. Put your house on Shankland to score as well.

Surprised that there has not been a comment on the forthcoming fixture  before now.
Set to travel to Somerset next week with a degree of trepidation. On my last visit 3-0 and Chris O'Neill sent off. 
There have been better results  in years gone by; think the first time I was there was 1979-80. 0-2. Bobby Russell ( the hairy ,ex Morton, one that played for us) and Willie McGuire.
Will be happy with a point 

If memory serves me right that result in 1980 finished off our promotion dream and I remember a massive brawl outside the ground, some pretty sickening scenes actually that fortunately I haven't witnessed since.

Will be there as I look forward to a trip down the Ayrshire coast and although the results have been mixed over the years it is still worth visiting a stadium with a bit of character about it. As for our prospects I think we will be well organised and hoping to rely on counter attacks. I'd be delighted to escape with a draw in this league at any away ground.

3 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

If memory serves me right that result in 1980 finished off our promotion dream and I remember a massive brawl outside the ground, some pretty sickening scenes actually that fortunately I haven't witnessed since.

I remember some fans getting mangled up on the bridge at Landsburgh House, thankfully football has changed.

3 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I wonder if the 48 year old airdrie casual will leave his knife in the house this time round . What a sad bunch they are .looking forward to this game saturdays are pish when the fitbas not on

Can't say I'm too enamoured with this Sunday shit.

I wonder if the 48 year old airdrie casual will leave his knife in the house this time round . What a sad bunch they are .looking forward to this game saturdays are pish when the fitbas not on

What you on about ? It was his 'Work knife'

Personally I will take a 2-0 win for the good guys. Shankland and (finally the Moff ) to score. Buckie United seem to be in a dire state with the boardroom games. There is even talk of not being able to see the season out.

Always enjoy games between Ayr United and Airdrieonians/Clydebank/Airdrie United, they always have that bit of 'edge' to them.

McCall has a bit of a selection headache for tomorrow with potentially a full squad avaliable to him. For me we need to go either 4-4-2 (Hart, Geggan, Higgins, Reid, Boyle, McDaid, Docherty, Adams, Crawford, Moffat, Shankland) or 4-3-1-2 (Hart, Geggans, Higins, Reid,Boyle, Adams, Crawford, Docherty, Moffat, Moore, Shankland). Would be happy with either of these line-ups.

Fancy us to win this one 3-1, Shankland getting 2 and Moffat finally getting his 100th goal. Nelly Furtardo to get a consolation for Airdrie.

Archived