Nice to see you, to see you ?

carlton

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Good morning Carlton. I’ve had a lot of ankle troubles in the past 3 or 4 years, both are now essentially fucked thanks to amateur football, still kicking a baw though and all that, R.I.C.E as stated above is the best advice. Ibuprofen is better than ordinary paracetamol as well, as it will help with the swelling.

Morning NJ. I'll try that Rice thing. I agree about the Ibuprofen having taken them in the past  but my doc told me couple of years ago when I went to see him about an elbow problem that due to my other medication I shouldn't take them.

5 minutes ago, carlton said:

Morning NJ. I'll try that Rice thing. I agree about the Ibuprofen having taken them in the past  but my doc told me couple of years ago when I went to see him about an elbow problem that due to my other medication I shouldn't take them.

Tramadol is good for aches if you can’t take nurofen. 

1 hour ago, carlton said:

Doctors! What do they know?

Tramadol is good for aches if you can’t take nurofen. 

I took tramadol once (when it turns out I broke my ankle, before I’d bothered to get it x-rayed) and can concur. I slept like a thing that sleeps fucking brilliantly. Woke up, got out of bed and crumpled in a heap though.

1 minute ago, NorthernJambo said:

I took tramadol once (when it turns out I broke my ankle, before I’d bothered to get it x-rayed) and can concur. I slept like a thing that sleeps fucking brilliantly. Woke up, got out of bed and crumpled in a heap though.

That must be the alternative version of a day in the life...

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I miss Tramadol since my old GP retired.

He would often just pull a handful out from under his desk and dump it on my lap.

Bet you don’t miss the special favours you had to give him in return.

8 hours ago, PB 4.2 said:

How are you feeling now, Carlton?  

Not too bad mate. Taking it easy but it's not as bad as I first thought, managing to hobble to the loo and kitchen occasionally.

2 hours ago, carlton said:

Not too bad mate. Taking it easy but it's not as bad as I first thought, managing to hobble to the loo and kitchen occasionally.

You could save yourself some hobbling time by pissing in the kitchen sink.

Archived