Goals, & gossip. Saturday 07 Oct.

Larky55

Really poor result today as thought first half pollok looked bang average. Quality opener and then we gifted them 3 goals. Josh at fault for two and then Gow got caught in possession.

We offer nothing up front if Shelvey is not on the pitch, the two young lads we have brought in are simply not up to it at this level, You need experience in this league, our first signing in the summer should have been a no nonsense centre forward. From what i have seen so far i would be surprised if we finish in the top ten.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Completely different second half after the dire first.
Gary McCann was different class, best player on the pitch.

Mccann is a class act the boy should be playing senior. We shouldve been 1 up inside 10 mins with black missing the ball from 3 yards out. Mccanns goal was a great finish but the others is our own mistakes. Seems everyweek where making mistakes we need 2 sort it out asap. Only plus this season is weve took points off teams around us.

Mon the papers

46 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Mccann is a class act the boy should be playing senior. We shouldve been 1 up inside 10 mins with black missing the ball from 3 yards out. Mccanns goal was a great finish but the others is our own mistakes. Seems everyweek where making mistakes we need 2 sort it out asap. Only plus this season is weve took points off teams around us.

Mon the papers

First game I've been to for 5 weeks, expected a rip roaring game from both sides, sadly didn't start until 52 minute, whats happened to the Bankies usual go for the jugular game,  maybe clever defences r reading their threats,  score flattered their hosts today ,  my Barrhead friend said same scenario there V Buffs,  hard times if your struggling anywhere near the bottom this season. 2018  might be a better season for the fans, 3 out of 16 better odds, like the Bankies to be there!

I think we're in a league of 4. Ourselves, Cumnock, Arthurlie and Girvan. We get enough points in that mix then we'll be ok. Anything else will be a bonus. Too small a squad and too short ( of options ) esp up front. We need to keep with it. 

I think we're in a league of 4. Ourselves, Cumnock, Arthurlie and Girvan. We get enough points in that mix then we'll be ok. Anything else will be a bonus. Too small a squad and too short ( of options ) esp up front. We need to keep with it. 

Defo bill. This season has hard 2 watch but ill still be there next sat as will my boy who was there yesterday but lucky for him he slept thru the full match. Probably the smell of skunk fae the pollok fans kept him knocked out lol

Mon the papers

15 hours ago, bawrash said:

Think we need more than a left sided player after today’s embarrassing performance mate. defending was schoolboy stuff and we have absolute zero at the other end of the pitch

How has Forsyth done for you this season. Judging by the outside looking in Cumnock signed the wrong forward from Troon with Nisbett at Kilwinning starting the season great.

How has Forsyth done for you this season. Judging by the outside looking in Cumnock signed the wrong forward from Troon with Nisbett at Kilwinning starting the season great.

He’s away back to Troon so can’t really comment on that [emoji23][emoji23]

Boring first half but second half Gary's superb goal ignited us.Good header from McGregor,goalie error for Ålans goal and great composed finish from Prentice at least have shown us some hope.Beith next and that will be a huge test.Defence needs Gal back and McGoldrick needs to sharpen up for that one as still not convinced by him.Always makes me nervous when he dwells on the ball.Would really like to see more of Prentice and Stuart McCann but hearing the great news that Liam Rowan is back in training.

He’s away back to Troon so can’t really comment on that [emoji23][emoji23]

Apparently management team has left the club by mutual consent. If true all the best to JM and MD, decent people and put a lot of work into the club.

Just now, Nock10 said:

Apparently management team has left the club by mutual consent. If true all the best to JM and MD, decent people and put a lot of work into the club.

How long was he there? Two seasons or thereabouts? He'll be one the the longest serving Cumnock managers.

Just so long as they don't come for wee Paul

Archived