Line up face Slovenia and Predication

He'll 100% stick with the same team, but I would have hoped Bannan would be dropped out and replaced with McGregor. Don't know what else the guy has to do to get in the team. He's been a big player for Celtic and is playing in the Champions League.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For once wouldn’t it be nice if we can have a 2-0 or 3-0 win and comfortably see a game out as the fans celebrate an amazing win. But It probably won’t happen and we’ll all be pacing back and forth until it peters out in glorious failure yet again. 0-0 or 1-0 Slovenia is probably more realistic.

Any win will do. To be honest I think the same team is probably about right, provided Bannan/Morrison show a bit more desire to help out Fletcher as they did on Thursday night. We'll be under the cosh a bit more, you'd expect. Can't win the game if we go gung-ho from the off and lose a couple.

A couple of early Slovakia goals would perversely be welcome too, to extinguish any vague hope the Slovenians have.

This is going to be torture. Not totally confident we can do it but if we do fail to win I hope we at least go down swinging.

He'll 100% stick with the same team, but I would have hoped Bannan would be dropped out and replaced with McGregor. Don't know what else the guy has to do to get in the team. He's been a big player for Celtic and is playing in the Champions League.

He's played 25 minutes in the Champions League and has completed three league games tor them. He's a back up player for Celtic in a purple patch, nothing more.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

He's played 25 minutes in the Champions League and has completed three league games tor them. He's a back up player for Celtic in a purple patch, nothing more.

I get your point, but there's evidence all over the squad that you don't need to be playing regular football to be involved in the Scotland first XI. Anya, Robertson, Hanley, Snodgrass v England in June etc.

I get your point, but there's evidence all over the squad that you don't need to be playing regular football to be involved in the Scotland first XI. Anya, Robertson, Hanley, Snodgrass v England in June etc.

I know. I'm just not convinced a player who's club manager doesn't trust to play 90 mins against the likes of Dundee, is someone who deserves to be starting away from home in a vital must win match.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I know. I'm just not convinced a player who's club manager doesn't trust to play 90 mins against the likes of Dundee, is someone who deserves to be starting away from home in a vital must win match.

This. Rodgers has a cheek mumping about his lack of inclusion when he doesn't fancy him himself.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If the game is still a draw after 60 minutes Mcgregor is perfect to come on and get the goal we need,it would be a surprise if Strachan started him.he played the full 90 against Hibs with 2 goals.

I would’ve liked Fraser in for Phillips, but that’s obviously not happening. Other than that, the team should largely stay the same with Morrison getting forward more, much like the second half on Thursday.
Oblak is absolutely incredible, but I’ve seen him make some mistakes for Slovenia that he wouldn’t for Atletico. I’m not sure whether it’s because he’s playing with worse players or not but just doesn’t seem as comfortable with them.

6 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

9b936c28b536237347d7d52fb1a1cf30.jpg
Div’s saying that’s the team. Fletch will be missed to boss the middle.

Am I missing something? Fletcher is in that team.

If that's the line-up is expect Bannan to be on the left, allowing Robertson to get forward outside of him, Phillips on the right to give natural width there and Griffiths playing off Martin. Can't see Griffiths and Tierney both playing on the right.

The biggest thing that needs sorted from Thursday is the amount of space we allowed Slovakia to have in front of our defence. 4-5 times they easily worked the ball in to the 'number 10 position', despite us playing with 3 central midfielders and them playing with 10 men. Fletcher dreams a lot of the time, and neither Bannan or Morrison are particularly aware defensively. We'll be sitting back a lot more tonight so that space will probably be closed off naturally, but we still need to be more aware.

Archived