Line up face Slovenia and Predication

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

I was pleasantly surprised by the Slovakia result, I'd predicted a draw, and I do think we'll win in Slovenia. It's not going to be pretty or in any way a convincing win, imo, but I think we'll do it.

The idea of bumping into Portugal or Italy in a playoff is the only dark cloud on an otherwise fairly sunny horizon.

Portugal can still win their group. They play Switzerland in Lisbon on Tuesday in a group decider (assuming Portugal win in Andorra tonight).

So did I. I thought he was a really important part of a mature performance.

I did as well. He’s not the flashy wide midfielder he was when he first came into the team, but he was calm and disciplined.

Don't share the optimism of others. Slovenia are a very good side and we only scraped by them at Hampden, going over there makes it even harder. They might not be fully at it, but they still have Oblak to dig them out a hole, considering we struggled to get by some random from Sparta Prague a few days ago, it hardly bodes well.

A nervy 1-0 seems the most plausible, to me.

I think struggled is a tad harsh, he made a couple of unbelievable saves from Berra and Morrison. 
Nervy 1-0 will do just perfectly, the later we score the better [emoji38]

The Berra one was a good save, unconvinced about the Morrison being a good save though, the effort was weak as f**k so gave him time to react. Apart from that we relied on efforts from outside the box.

2 hours ago, C. Muir said:

I think struggled is a tad harsh, he made a couple of unbelievable saves from Berra and Morrison. 

Nervy 1-0 will do just perfectly, the later we score the better :lol:

They weren't remotely "unbelievable".  They were decent enough stops - that's all.  People talk absolute shite about such things.  The Berra one was the better save.  The Morrison one was  a poor effort.  He should have got above it and fired it downwards across the goalkeeper.  As it was, he just prodded  it towards him at a comfortable height.  Similarly, the Griffiths shot was a good one,  but straight enough to be a comfortable save.

We were obviously knocking on the door with these efforts as well as the two off the bar.  It's a total myth that the goalkeeper was sensational though.

Archived