Was that Hampden's last hurrah?

HibeeJibee

6 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Why thank you.
However my point was semi serious probably more with regards whether there should actually be a Scottish national team rather than where the stadium should be. As much as I love Scotland and voted yes, bottling out of an indy vote should see us compete as team GB with the rest of the home nations. I didnt agree with much of Mr Blatters points but its hard to disagree with that one.
*Awaits onslaught from tartan army members*

It's true, we really don't deserve to have a team, especially if Catalonia and Sicily etc can't.

On 05/02/2018 at 12:22, forameus said:

What is their obsession with running tracks?  I know they were probably more the rage back in 1992, and you open it up to being able to hold athletics, but it's not really conducive to a good watching experience for what was presumably its main function.

I do like the very generic "fast food" stalls though.

It says National Stadium. Was it being built by Government for all sports, rather than Football authorities hoping to rent it out?

On 03/02/2018 at 08:28, thekorean said:

Visite-du-Parc-des-Princes-Experience-Pa

Is Murrayfield really any worse than where PSG plays?

Here's the view from behind the goals, so you decide.. 

DSC_0095.thumb.JPG.6d0696c6a8b7274ea71c947ceba04f27.JPG

Genuine question here for all Scotland fans.

im a rangers fan from the east coast(I know). I also buy the daily record. 

The daily record started a campaign recently to get rid of Stewart regan. 

In my opinion it was nothing to do with the appointment of a new manager but everything to do with taking the national stadium away from Glasgow. They ran articles which each so called reporters were giving their opinions on hampden and we were treated to phrases such as the west of Scotland is the spiritual home of Scottish football. In my opinion the old firm fans are the most undeserving fans in Scotland to have a national stadium on their doorstep. And their is no doubt in my mind the campaign to oust regan was purely because of his threat to remove Scotland games from hampden.

the Glasgow mafia including the media have too much say in Scottish football the quicker a national stadium is relocated away from their the better. 

Genuine question here for all Scotland fans.
im a rangers fan from the east coast(I know). I also buy the daily record. 
The daily record started a campaign recently to get rid of Stewart regan. 
In my opinion it was nothing to do with the appointment of a new manager but everything to do with taking the national stadium away from Glasgow. They ran articles which each so called reporters were giving their opinions on hampden and we were treated to phrases such as the west of Scotland is the spiritual home of Scottish football. In my opinion the old firm fans are the most undeserving fans in Scotland to have a national stadium on their doorstep. And their is no doubt in my mind the campaign to oust regan was purely because of his threat to remove Scotland games from hampden.
the Glasgow mafia including the media have too much say in Scottish football the quicker a national stadium is relocated away from their the better. 

So what exactly is your genuine question?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sfa-plan-buy-hampden-deal-12067172

Now obviously it is the Record but to me this is the right move. Offer to buy it and if QP aren't forthcoming then Murrayfield will welcome Scotland with open arms.

QP fans will be unhappy however ultimately this is the right move for the SFA. They need major backing and sponsorship to properly develop Hampden.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sfa-plan-buy-hampden-deal-12067172

Now obviously it is the Record but to me this is the right move. Offer to buy it and if QP aren't forthcoming then Murrayfield will welcome Scotland with open arms.

QP fans will be unhappy however ultimately this is the right move for the SFA. They need major backing and sponsorship to properly develop Hampden.

The SFA are looking at putting safe standing areas behind the goals before ­redeveloping the east and west stands to bring fans closer to the action.

Interesting and almost certainly nonsense seen as standing isn't allowed in UEFA competition so wouldn't be worth the hassle

9 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

I predicted on here a few months ago that this is what their plan was. Makes sense but the way they have gone about it is shameful.

9 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

The SFA are looking at putting safe standing areas behind the goals before ­redeveloping the east and west stands to bring fans closer to the action.

Interesting and almost certainly nonsense seen as standing isn't allowed in UEFA competition so wouldn't be worth the hassle

"Safe standing" or "Rail seating" is allowed though. All they have to do is make sure the seats are down for certain games. There is no issue with standing at the domestic cup games, which I assume is the point.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

"Safe standing" or "Rail seating" is allowed though. All they have to do is make sure the seats are down for certain games. There is no issue with standing at the domestic cup games, which I assume is the point.

That would reduce the capacity quite a bit for internationals though.

1 minute ago, Lurkst said:

That would reduce the capacity quite a bit for internationals though.

Compared to what? I believe the area at Celtic park had seats replaced with this on a 1 for 1 basis. The capacity is still the same whether standing or seating. I think in theory it is deemed safe for up for 1.6 people standing per 1 seated but I can't remember the exact number. Whatever the case, it wouldn't reduce the capacity for internationals, it would increase the capacity for other games.

5 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Compared to what? I believe the area at Celtic park had seats replaced with this on a 1 for 1 basis. The capacity is still the same whether standing or seating. I think in theory it is deemed safe for up for 1.6 people standing per 1 seated but I can't remember the exact number. Whatever the case, it wouldn't reduce the capacity for internationals, it would increase the capacity for other games.

If so then fair enough. The rail seating examples I'd previously seen had a wider gap between each seat than a regular stand.

Hopefully in years to come UEFA/FIFA will see sense (I know) and permit safe safe standing sections at competitive games.

11 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Good idea, and would hopefully encourage SFA to look at spending on redevelopment as they are owners not tenants,

Only wish would that QP get some sort of in perpetuity tenancy as recognition of their part in scottish football, being current owners,  and their historic place in Scottish team history;

The 1st Scotland v England game in 1872, the Scotland team was 11 QP players, and they played in blue as that was QP colours at time.

Good step forward while acknowledging our past.

Edited by MEADOWXI