Was that Hampden's last hurrah?

HibeeJibee

When does the SFA need to make a decision on this?

Where is the Costa Rica friendly (23 March) going to be played? Would they not need to decide on a venue soon-ish?

What about the matches against Albania and Israel in Sept/Nov? Maybe a 20K seater would do for these. Will Aberdeen have the new stadium built?

I think we should be told at or before the SSC renewals, which will need to also be soon. Points system for the Hungary tickets will be in play.

5 hours ago, Jimbo Jagsfan said:

Where is the Costa Rica friendly (23 March) going to be played? Would they not need to decide on a venue soon-ish?

What about the matches against Albania and Israel in Sept/Nov? Maybe a 20K seater would do for these. Will Aberdeen have the new stadium built?

I think we should be told at or before the SSC renewals, which will need to also be soon. Points system for the Hungary tickets will be in play.

The lease for Hampden doesn't run out til after Euro2020.

5 hours ago, Jimbo Jagsfan said:

Lease at Hampden runs to 2020: it has to for the quartet of Euro 2020 games if nothing else. I'm not sure it's clear why they're talking of making a decision 2.5yrs in advance, though of course it's wouldn't be realistic to leave it until (say) spring 2020 either.

They will never leave Hampden.

I’m fine with that if they also promise to invest £175 million over the next five years into it.

But they won’t. And people will herald the decision for “tradition”.

Hampden is a shite stadium which should be good.

I don’t think they will leave Hampden to be honest.

Not sure why it has to be all or nothing. I wouldn’ t have minded Murrayfield being added to the mix, particularly for the big games. 

Out of interest does anyone know the capacity split between the upper and lower tiers at Murrayfield?