Ardagh Cup Final Meadow Park this Sunday.

Dowballs

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who goes to the trouble of paying to have a banner made like that. It beggars belief [emoji849]
I see a club fine on the horizon for this. And if as suggested it was a committee member, he should hang his head in shame.

A very disappointed Afton supporter [emoji17]

Who goes to the trouble of paying to have a banner made like that. It beggars belief [emoji849]
I see a club fine on the horizon for this. And if as suggested it was a committee member, he should hang his head in shame.

A very disappointed Afton supporter [emoji17]

If it was a committee member then he should no longer be a committee member.

I must say after seeing this banner and listening to the only song Glens know all game (up to the 51st minute anyway) it gave me great pleasure to see Talbot  beat the Glens today, put them back in their cage for a wee while .

I thought Steven White and Jamie Glasgow were both excellent.

Back to the fitba , really disappointed with the glens the day , Talbot got the job done 2nd half and probably deserved it  ..........but it wiz a Shitey game o fitba 

Glens looked f-----, there wasn't a player on their game today

Glens looked f-----, there wasn't a player on their game today

Really? As a neutral I'd say Dale Moore, your right back, no 7, no 6 and no 10 were excellent for 55 minutes. How in God's name your manager justified keeping no 9 on the park when he took 10 off, only he will know. Two cracking shots hit the woodwork shortly after half time and the better team throughout until then. My pal said when the second shot shook the goals that Talbot, who weren't at the races until then, would score, and indeed they did. After that, the heads went down.
Talbot were workmanlike but should never have won that game.

Really? As a neutral I'd say Dale Moore, your right back, no 7, no 6 and no 10 were excellent for 55 minutes. How in God's name your manager justified keeping no 9 on the park when he took 10 off, only he will know. Two cracking shots hit the woodwork shortly after half time and the better team throughout until then. My pal said when the second shot shook the goals that Talbot, who weren't at the races until then, would score, and indeed they did. After that, the heads went down.

It's how I seen it from sitting in the stand. It's only my opinion which means sweet FA. There was no movement up front. A lot of chasing but nothing other than two long range efforts hitting the woodwork with not a player following in, why ? Because they were knackered,
Glens played too many pre season games and now it's catching up with them. And the season has barely started. It's going to be a long season for the lads.

13 hours ago, Ardenvohr6 said:

Glens definitely started the game well and were on the front foot for the first half hour, worked very hard closing Talbot down and getting the ball back. However, Tucker switched Hyslop and Armstrong and both started to get into the game. Last 15 minutes of the first half had Talbot in the ascendency. Second half Talbot rode their luck with two spectacular Glens efforts hitting each post. However, a classic sucker punch  when Talbot scored seemed to take the wind out of Glens , brilliant centre halves header. After that Talbot were on top and had a few chances to increase the lead, hitting the woodwork themselves. Tight game, not much in it, bit like the last few that the Glens have edged. Great result for a team that were apparently in free-fall!

Archived