Hibs vs Dons 14.10.17

1 hour ago, Kneetrembler said:

With a fit Andy Considine DM will be able to field 6 centre half's simultaneously. I'm looking forward to this.
More gamesmanship is required though. We seemed a bit nieve yesterday. A more professional and experienced team with championship winning ambition would have shut up shop and closed the game down.
That's two tricky away games that Derek's flamboyance has nearly cost us.

I wasn’t there yesterday but from what I’ve seen and heard it was a professional performance and good game management?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, gazelle said:

Good result but we never forced one corner in the whole match.  This nonsense with 3/4/5  centre halfs has to stop. Reynolds and O'Conner have shown they cant be trusted in defence, especially together but Arnason and McKenna can.  Rooney isn't a football player, he has done well for us but he shouldn't be keeping May out wide and Stewart/Wright on the bench. Hibs looked done in the last 15/20 incredibly we put on Ball and Reynolds and invited them on to us.  If Considine was fit we'd have ended up with 8 defenders on the pitch.

Hibs got a taste of their own medicine....David Gray!

I'd rather we stuck with O'Connor in front of Arnason and McKenna. Three clean sheets in three games speaks for itself. 

Rooney got a hattrick in the last game so there was no way he was going to be dropped yesterday. 

8 minutes ago, Karl Fletcher said:

I wasn’t there yesterday but from what I’ve seen and heard it was a professional performance and good game management?

It certainly was. We might just have worked out how to win trophies instead of being popular losers.

I still don't see it in Dom Ball. Thought his introduction was bad for both the shape and personnel yesterday. He doesn't really look particularly good at defending or passing, the two key aspects of a defensive mid. He also led to us sitting deeper, which is on McInnes. We allowed the pressure to come onto us, even if we did withstand it relatively comfortably. Greg Stewart was also poor when he came on. I'd much rather have seen Wright's  pace to stretch the game as Hibs began to chase. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 hours ago, Cumdog35 said:

Oh dear.

Majority were niggly fouls from those guys. Your players as directed by your sevco loving manager hacked down our players at every opportunity.  

As long as I've been watching football Hibs fans have been blaming their team's ineptitude and shortcomings on something else......your wee whine can be summed up by saying 'it wasn't fair, Aberdeen should have played the way Hibs fans wanted them to'.

Nae luck. Maybe if your side weren't such shitebag pussies, you might have got something out of the game. 

A picture can paint a thousand words but that one shows f**k all.

Pish tackle from a forward, yes but malicious and dirty?? Nah, not for me.  I don't get this Aberdeen are a dirty team thing that's going on here. I have been wanting us to be a nastier team for a long time. We've been far too easily outmuscled for a long time. If we're growing a pair of balls (metaphorically) as a team, I'm more than happy. It's not as if we are the OF and will get away with murder. If we go over the score, the ref will do his job.

Now stop greeting like Celtic fans.

Guest Bob Mahelp
8 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Pish tackle from a forward, yes but malicious and dirty?? Nah, not for me.  I don't get this Aberdeen are a dirty team thing that's going on here. I have been wanting us to be a nastier team for a long time. We've been far too easily outmuscled for a long time. If we're growing a pair of balls (metaphorically) as a team, I'm more than happy. It's not as if we are the OF and will get away with murder. If we go over the score, the ref will do his job.

If we'd shown the same muscle and fight against Motherwell,  it would be Aberdeen playing the Evil Dead next weekend instead of them.

No coincidence that dropping Reynolds has resulted in our team growing a pair. He's been the weak link in the side for 18 months now....his best days are well behind him, he's inconsistent, slow and easy to bully. Arnason and McKenna look hard as f*ck and certainly they've won every individual battle in the last 3 games.

You won't find many Dons fans complaining about us pushing other teams around and leaving the foot in from time to time. All the best teams can handle themselves as well as play a bit.

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

If we'd shown the same muscle and fight against Motherwell,  it would be Aberdeen playing the Evil Dead next weekend instead of them.

No coincidence that dropping Reynolds has resulted in our team growing a pair. He's been the weak link in the side for 18 months now....his best days are well behind him, he's inconsistent, slow and easy to bully. Arnason and McKenna look hard as f*ck and certainly they've won every individual battle in the last 3 games.

You won't find many Dons fans complaining about us pushing other teams around and leaving the foot in from time to time. All the best teams can handle themselves as well as play a bit.

So that's half the equation solved then. Now for part two...

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

So that's half the equation solved then. Now for part two...

I'll just be happy if we get in aboot Celtic instead of standing off and admiring them.

No corners? That's a defeat in craig Brown's mind.

I agree with what you're saying. It's the one thing that frustrates me about mcinnes' management. Really defensive shitfesting once we go ahead. It worked this time but it's fu*ked us before.

I'd love it if he just went for more goals. A 3 0 or 4 0 win at a difficult ground would be a huge confidence booster.

That's what frustrates you about McInnes management ?

Have you forgotten the games with 7 goals in them, or the 4 goals in them or the 3 goals in them ???

FFS we used to moan that we didn't have guts and fight to bully our way to 3 points. Now when we do our support still isn't happy.

Yesterday was a very "professional" performance. Impressive stuff.

Top of the league, unbeaten and Celtic next at home.

[emoji106]????[emoji1248]????[emoji294]️[emoji294]️????[emoji1248]????[emoji106]

Guest Bob Mahelp
24 minutes ago, Cumdog35 said:

Shocker of tackle, studs showing and high. I rate McLean as one of the countries better refs but he was honking yesterday.

Yeap. 

The incident where GMS was hauled down a yard outside the box and McLean refused to give a free-kick (in combination with a dick of a linesman) was shocking. 

As for the May/Boyle incident, May was rightly booked and Boyle got straight up again and played on .

Nothing more to see here. It's a fitba game for God's sake.

That's what frustrates you about McInnes management ?

Have you forgotten the games with 7 goals in them, or the 4 goals in them or the 3 goals in them ???

FFS we used to moan that we didn't have guts and fight to bully our way to 3 points. Now when we do our support still isn't happy.

Yesterday was a very "professional" performance. Impressive stuff.

Top of the league, unbeaten and Celtic next at home.

[emoji106]????[emoji1248]????[emoji294]️[emoji294]️????[emoji1248]????[emoji106]

Yep.

Many have forgotten that back in June we'd lost half our first team and the club had given mcinnes permission to speak to Sunderland.

4 months later were unbeaten and joint top of the league with a great away win yesterday and some are saying they'd prefer it if we won 3 or 4 nil. No shit lads.

The best thing about this team for me is that we haven't seen anything close to their best yet I don't think.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The best thing about this team for me is that we haven't seen anything close to their best yet I don't think.

Absolutely.

Our best start to a season in 30 years and we've only played really well in one game. Encouraging.

I don't know if it was malicious, but it was an absolute shocker of a tackle. Launched himself with both feet off the ground, ball already away and studs up. Absolute definition of a red card tackle. Boyle was running away from him, if his foot was planted he'd have a broken ankle.

Aberdeen did what they felt they had to do yesterday, I've no objections to that. Hibs really didn't adjust to it though. Continually bouncing up and taking quick free kicks rather than staying down and making the ref think about how often it was happening for example.

I'll say this though, if Aberdeen play like that against Celtic you won't end up with 11 players on the park. They're considerably more streetwise than Hibs are.

Guest Bob Mahelp
8 hours ago, Lebowski said:

I don't know if it was malicious, but it was an absolute shocker of a tackle. Launched himself with both feet off the ground, ball already away and studs up. Absolute definition of a red card tackle. Boyle was running away from him, if his foot was planted he'd have a broken ankle.

Aberdeen did what they felt they had to do yesterday, I've no objections to that. Hibs really didn't adjust to it though. Continually bouncing up and taking quick free kicks rather than staying down and making the ref think about how often it was happening for example.

I'll say this though, if Aberdeen play like that against Celtic you won't end up with 11 players on the park. They're considerably more streetwise than Hibs are.

May's tired lunge aside, there wasn't a bad tackle in the game...although you could possibly say that Stevenson cynically taking out GMS was up there with May.  But of course you won't.

I could also point out that every single newspaper yesterday was complimentary of McLean's handling of the game. It's funny how neutrals see things differently, eh ?

This whining from Hibs fans is becoming boring. It's an attempt to re-write the narrative of the game, and convince yourselves that you were hard done by and should have won 3 or 4-0....when in actual fact, McGinn aside, Hibs are a pretty average side full of journeymen players who huffed and puffed to absolutely no effect at all.

Archived