Hibs vs Dons 14.10.17

I thought it was a deserved win to be honest. Thought Logan and GMS were standouts, GMS had Stevenson on toast. 

Not convinced by Lennon today either. It was clear we were creating nothing with one up top but he didn't change the formation at all. 1-0 down and less than 10 minutes to go and he then decides to take off our only goal scorer :blink:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Superb shitfesting in that second half. St Johnstone levels of shitfesting. It was lovely to see rather than rolling over. Ryan Christie's substitution was unbelievable, so blatantly time wasting it was beautiful.

The back four were stand outs yesterday to a man, each of them turned in a big performance. McLean was his best this season yet and glad for GMS taking his goal well. Once again v Hibs we use Lewis Stevenson as the weak link and exploit it with some success. Felt Des was poor by contrast, cumbersome and poor decision making.

Hibs, my goodness you guys miss Beansy. Don't have that same buzz and attacking outlet up front. Even Grant Holt provided a threat. Stokes is a decent player but needs a wee handful of a striker beside him these days.

As I've mentioned before, I love the time wasting shenanigans in football. Ryan Christie's substitution was fantastic, and I hope we continue to deploy them. McGinn got chopped a few times, but we seemed to take it in turns, so that no one got a second booking. Its one of those things that you praise as great game management if your team does it, and you hate it when its against you cus your star player is getting kicked off the park. 

At the end of the day though, 1-0. 

100% record over the Hibs for over two years now PLEASING

Good result but we never forced one corner in the whole match.  This nonsense with 3/4/5  centre halfs has to stop. Reynolds and O'Conner have shown they cant be trusted in defence, especially together but Arnason and McKenna can.  Rooney isn't a football player, he has done well for us but he shouldn't be keeping May out wide and Stewart/Wright on the bench. Hibs looked done in the last 15/20 incredibly we put on Ball and Reynolds and invited them on to us.  If Considine was fit we'd have ended up with 8 defenders on the pitch.

Hibs got a taste of their own medicine....David Gray!

Good result but we never forced one corner in the whole match.  This nonsense with 3/4/5  centre halfs has to stop. Reynolds and O'Conner have shown they cant be trusted in defence, especially together but Arnason and McKenna can.  Rooney isn't a football player, he has done well for us but he shouldn't be keeping May out wide and Stewart/Wright on the bench. Hibs looked done in the last 15/20 incredibly we put on Ball and Reynolds and invited them on to us.  If Considine was fit we'd have ended up with 8 defenders on the pitch.
Hibs got a taste of their own medicine....David Gray!

No corners? That's a defeat in craig Brown's mind.
I agree with what you're saying. It's the one thing that frustrates me about mcinnes' management. Really defensive shitfesting once we go ahead. It worked this time but it's fu*ked us before.

I'd love it if he just went for more goals. A 3 0 or 4 0 win at a difficult ground would be a huge confidence booster.

1 hour ago, Cumdog35 said:

Aberdeen literally the dirtiest team I've seen at ER in a long time. Poor from McInnes.

That is fantastic news for Aberdeen fans, because we’ve been lacking nasty players in recent seasons!

Aberdeen literally the dirtiest team I've seen at ER in a long time. Poor from McInnes.

:lol:

Between that and the post complaining about his tactics - aye, of course Dons' fan would have preferred free flowing attacking football, condescending pish from the opposition fans about "giving it a go", "being brave"  and null points. Aye, right!

38 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Good. Fucking serves you lightweight shitebags right.

Oh dear.

47 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I take it Thistle's 19 fouls weren't as dirty as our 16 or Motherwell's 15.

Majority were niggly fouls from those guys. Your players as directed by your sevco loving manager hacked down our players at every opportunity.  

Seems Aberdeen's performance (victory) yesterday has hurt the feelings of the sensitive Hibees. Perhaps they could learn a thing or two from it...

With a fit Andy Considine DM will be able to field 6 centre half's simultaneously. I'm looking forward to this.
More gamesmanship is required though. We seemed a bit nieve yesterday. A more professional and experienced team with championship winning ambition would have shut up shop and closed the game down.
That's two tricky away games that Derek's flamboyance has nearly cost us.

No corners? That's a defeat in craig Brown's mind.
I agree with what you're saying. It's the one thing that frustrates me about mcinnes' management. Really defensive shitfesting once we go ahead. It worked this time but it's fu*ked us before.

I'd love it if he just went for more goals. A 3 0 or 4 0 win at a difficult ground would be a huge confidence booster.

Can live with us shitfesting it to a degree and I don't think going for the jugular was necessarily the way to go at 1-0 yesterday, but we were so deep yesterday we didn't really give ourselves a chance to hit them on the counter.

Defended a lot better than we did at Murrayfield, but we were just as disjointed in the attacking areas as we were then.

Need to suss it out sooner rather than later, especially before Ibrox and Parkhead where we'll need to play on the break more often than not.

Archived