Alert Mongoose

The David Fernández Derby - Livi v Utd

13 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

A vile, nasty pair of clubs. Hopefully they both lose. Thank you.

Says the UKIP loving hasbeen

A vile, nasty pair of clubs. Hopefully they both lose. Thank you.

5fe8cb03380425f20d958c1aa014db02.jpg

041fe14dd11bb69130269a2eaed5ae4f.jpg

I also definitely wouldn't take 8th. That would be a disaster if we finished there we've picked up 15 points in 8 games to only pick up 25 points in our next 28 games would be very poor.

Just now, AMC13 said:

I also definitely wouldn't take 8th. That would be a disaster if we finished there we've picked up 15 points in 8 games we would probably have to pick up less in our next 28 games for that to happen, that would be some collapse in the rest of the season.

I've never been in the 'i'd take 8th' camp, always thought we'd do better than that, but thought with us losing Buchanan we'd be too light up front to challenge for 4th, so we're doing better than I thought we would.

Still a way to go yet right enough but mid-table should be the least we're looking for. I'll wait till we're half way through the season before making grander expectations though. Our defence and midfield being so solid and chipping in with goals is making up for not having a prolific goal scoring striker.

14 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Worked out well in the end though. We're back where we belong, while your mickey mouse outfit and the DAB's, are currently residing in diddy-land. Thank you.

We're not at the end yet though, Dundee will be down to where they really belong soon enough, prob why you're wanting Utd to stay down here, so you get the Derby games back.

On 05/10/2017 at 10:50, Beardy23 said:

Says the UKIP loving hasbeen

I first read that as 'UKIP loving lesbian'.  

It got me really annoyed as Biggie is definitely not in UKIP.

My view consistently is that anything above 8th is a good season for us (particularly now considering the cup run) . 8th should be what is expected with the two part-time teams and the rest of the full-time teams with higher budgets.

I think we're getting slightly carried away with the good performances so far, let's see how we stand after 18 games.

Getting carried away would be like Pars and St Mirren fans saying they're as good as top 4, they're only a point or 3 above us and I don't think we're def top 4 candidates................yet. There'll be a few twists and turns for everyone yet. Thinking we're better than 8th and should be mid-table at least is being pretty restrained by my usual standards.:lol:

If we're still up in the top 4 by Jan then i'll start getting slightly carried away.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Get the cataracts sorted out FFS, you senile old goat.

I thought that said 'characters' and thought I had mispelt lesbian.

On 04/10/2017 at 18:36, ATLIS said:

We should go out there and play the game we have against every other team, the way that got Houston the sack, the one that got Robertson flustered. We're a good footballing side and the way we're playing we should be able to go out there and go toe to toe with a team like Utd.

Would like to see Toddy and Mullen up front but reckon we'll end up playing Mackin and Toddy in defence. I think Penrice done well in the middle and Jacobs saved the game coming off the bench. I'd maybe be tempted to drop Byrne for this one and let the previous two slide in along Pittman. Robinson has also done well when asked to go up front and Cadden looked brilliant on Saturday before getting injured. It's really a lottery the team we could put out but as long as we have Halkett at the back on form it's all we need. Josh Mullin has also done brilliant this season so probably already a guarantee to start there.

No doubt it'll be a big game for Alexander but I reckon if we're going to win it it'll be with the midfield battle which we're very capable of winning.

I would like to see jack Mcmillan in along side halkett and Lithgow and maybe toddy up front. Drop byrne no chance him and pitman are the engine in our team and he's probably our best technical player on the ball. Keags will maybe come in for Penrice but should never be byrne to drop out. One of our best players again this season. I would maybe bring Robinson in up front to play with Danny mullen

Can this game just hurry up so I can forget this international weekend, thanks. 

1 minute ago, andylivi1 said:

Can this game just hurry up so I can forget this international weekend, thanks. 

Think yourself lucky you're not an Arab.  It's a very similar experience.

A manager that has better choices and can get more out of his players but still is tactically inept, makes subbies too late and often they're the wrong subbies.

One of the last times I was at Almondvale my son and I had to move seat as the wifie behind us kept talking about Coronation Street and how Stephen Thompson (the then player not the club chairman) looked better in the black kit.  Hopefully Saturday's experience will be better.

I found £20 outside the ground the last time I watched United play at Livi.

Happier times. 

2 hours ago, stumigoo said:

I found £20 outside the ground the last time I watched United play at Livi.

Happier times. 

That £20 probably stuck us into administration, b*****d