The David Fernández Derby - Livi v Utd

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

absolute fud calling offside on the first goal

Second goal was absolute total football, beautiful play from everyone and the pass from Byrne was amazing. Hoppy said after the game that Mullin has one of the best deliveries in Scotland, that was some ball in from him.

Aye his deliveries from free kicks were superb too, caused Utd problems all game. Lithgow's quick free kick over the top for Mullen caught them out too.

Thought Rafa's shot was going in all the way, would've just been the cherry on top of the cake if that had gone in.

Fucking hell. 

With defending like that, how could you fail to score less than 4?

Livingston should be worried.  Poor finishing.

But seriously, such poor defending and conceding two goals practically inside the six yard box? Especially the second one.

Our full backs are the worst ive ever seen at stopping crosses. The two dumplings in the middle leave the forward on his own. Mostly Durnan, who completely loses him due to being slower than a tanker.

The whole move shows how disinterested and un motivated our team is to close down. They mostly jog casually up to a Livi player until the ball is moved on. No marking. Nothing.

And i LOLed at the first goal. Flood is completely out paced and the guy just rolls it under the keeper at the front post.

Manager has to go. Its been like this for most of his time here.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

I honestly had no idea who Livi's manager was until I read about his manager of the month award.

Based on how Livi played yesterday it was well justified.

Aye and we were all wanting him punted 2 seasons ago when he was in charge when we were relegated to League One through the play offs. Then he turned things around winning League One and has us 2nd in the Championship, football fans eh. :lol:

Seriously though, he's learnt a lot in a short time and looks a tactical genius nowadays, you don't mind so much if a manager makes mistakes as long as he learns from them, it's when a manager stubbornly stick with something that isn't working that gets fans frustrated. I think in Hopkin's case he inherited Burchill's squad and tried to fit square pegs into round holes to get a balanced looking team but he just didn't have the players to play how he wanted. Now after a full season in charge and 3 transfer windows he's got a squad with players that can cover several positions and all work hard for one another.

He'll have a tough job following this season though as there will likely be a turnover in players, or worse he might leave Livi and be tempted by a bigger club,  but i'll not bother about that just now, i'm just enjoying this season.

Also, is Penrice only 17?

What a player he is for that age, sailed it yesterday and in the game against Falkirk as well. So calm on the ball and always makes the correct decision. Plays as someone 10 years his age. Could be a smashing talent. Shouted f**k OFF right in the face of someone on the Dundee United bench though, so showing his inexperience there.

Just now, da_no_1 said:

Will be a hard game for us next week.

Really looking forward to it, feel we owe you one after dropping 2 points in the first game when we were the better team.

Just now, Ayia Napa Daz said:

What a player he is for that age, sailed it yesterday and in the game against Falkirk as well. So calm on the ball and always makes the correct decision. Plays as someone 10 years his age. Could be a smashing talent. Shouted f**k OFF right in the face of someone on the Dundee United bench though, so showing his inexperience there.

Yeah looks a cracking player, bummer that he missed that chip for a 2nd goal when the Utd keeper was stranded, good effort though.

Just checked on our OS, he's 19 on December, good young player though, looks full of confidence and ability.

11 minutes ago, Ayia Napa Daz said:

He's 18 I'm sure, doing brilliantly especially considering he's being played out of position. Hopefully get his loan extended in January.

Archived