The David Fernández Derby - Livi v Utd

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to get carried away with a result like this we played well and I'd say the better team won on the day but there's still a long way to go in a season where I reckon we'll have the league wrapped up in march.

#GBTAM #Dad #FuckThePars

I didn't go so I can't comment on the performance but the result is very Dundee United. One good result sitting alongside several other poor results cannot continue and this will leave us lagging behind over the course of a full season. We are past the point of "fitness" being an issue and the whole "the team are still getting to know each other" excuse.

Honestly what a team this is! Bossed Utd around, the defence was rock solid and Utd had no clear cut chances at all with Alexander untested.

I have to say though, Fyvie and Flood are both absolutely rotten, never Championship players at all. Fyvie was getting bossed around by Byrne and resorted to diving and fouling consistently (how he wasn't booked I'll never know). Flood has absolutely no pace, Mullen was ripping him to bits.

The two guys at the back for Utd were shocking as well, can't win anything in the air and clumsy with the ball at their feet.

Big Scott up front did okay for Utd but really was bossed around by Lithgow all game.

Worst of all though was Briels, was about 10 yards behind the game at all times :D:D:D 

Billy King and Keatings both were anonymous which has me thinking, why are people having Utd as favourites?

21 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Honestly what a team this is! Bossed Utd around, the defence was rock solid and Utd had no clear cut chances at all with Alexander untested.

I have to say though, Fyvie and Flood are both absolutely rotten, never Championship players at all. Fyvie was getting bossed around by Byrne and resorted to diving and fouling consistently (how he wasn't booked I'll never know). Flood has absolutely no pace, Mullen was ripping him to bits.

The two guys at the back for Utd were shocking as well, can't win anything in the air and clumsy with the ball at their feet.

Big Scott up front did okay for Utd but really was bossed around by Lithgow all game.

Worst of all though was Briels, was about 10 yards behind the game at all times :D:D:D 

Billy King and Keatings both were anonymous which has me thinking, why are people having Utd as favourites?

Wouldn't get too excited mate. We are garbage and will be struggling as long as we have a dumpling in charge.

5 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Wouldn't get too excited mate. We are garbage and will be struggling as long as we have a dumpling in charge.

It can all change when you bring in someone like John Hughes or Peter Houston :D:D:D 

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

If United focused more on playing football rather than kicking f**k out the opposition they'd probably be a half decent team. 

Esp Flood, how he wasn't booked I just don't fecking know, ref was very lenient.

Shame for Cadden, not looking good at all, his shoulder injury is going to trouble him all the time now. What a difference bringing on a player who can run around and chase down balls though, Carrick is far better at that than Mackin and it made all the difference in this game, as we were able to keep pressing Utd. Players worked their socks off and fully deserved the win, showed greater desire and play as a well drilled team.

Top class goal by Danny for our first, and Byrne's little lob over Utd players for Mullin to run onto was perfect, great ball whipped in by Josh too, and well stuck away by big Toddy. Rafa's effort deserved a third goal and would've put a better reflection on the game but still, 2-0 is a good result and put us up into 2nd place. Hopefully we can keep it going, no reason to think we wont be in and around the play off places though, Hoppy has the players well focussed on the job in hand and wont let them get complacent.

In all seriousness though if offered it right now I'd take us winning the league and United coming up with us by relegating Dundee in the play-offs. Who am I kidding any one of us relegating they c***s in the play-offs would be glorious.

Excellent from us today, we bossed Dundee Utd for 90 minutes, even in the 2nd half when Utd started getting more of the ball they created very little, Alexander didn't have a meaningful save to make. 

I expected so much more from that Utd side but really they have nothing in the midfield and defensively they look weak. Still a long way to go but for me they've been one of the poorest teams we've played in the first quarter. 

We are well ahead of schedule at this moment in time, if we can pick up 12 points + in the next 9 games we will still be up around the top and then I'll start thinking we can maybe make the playoffs, right now I'm still sticking with 8th or above. 

Halkett, Lithgow and Toderov defended superbly hence the reason Alexander had very little to do, Longridge and Mullin ran there socks off up and down the wings all game. 

Pitts brilliant as always, Penrice showing capabilities beyond his years, only 17 what a player he's gonna be, Shaun Byrne was my man of the match though, rumour has it he's now running home, just didn't stop all day, chased down absolutely everything forcing them long. 

Same with Danny Mullen, great finish but what is the keeper doing ? As usual was a pest all game. 

Loving this team just now, playing for one another, playing for the management and playing for the fans, best squad of players since the glory days if you ask me. 

Big ask to keep this form going next week away to Dunfermline but why not eh ? 

Brilliant pass to Mullen and lovely finish for the first goal, but definitely could have been defended better from a Dundee United perspective. I fall more in love with Nikolay Todorov every week :wub:

Very surprised with Dundee United, they were all over the place and I felt we could have won that by a few more than we did. Sooner they sack McKinnon the better, as long as they don't replace him with Hopkin :lol:

2 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Brilliant pass to Mullen and lovely finish for the first goal, but definitely could have been defended better from a Dundee United perspective. I fall more in love with Nikolay Todorov every week :wub:

Very surprised with Dundee United, they were all over the place and I felt we could have won that by a few more than we did. Sooner they sack McKinnon the better, as long as they don't replace him with Hopkin :lol:

I for one am shocked at this and am fully confident this will be adressed by the management and never happen again. 

nintchdbpict0003114710551-e1492107302241.jpg

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

You must be mistaken - our manager said post-match that anyone watching could see Fyvie was different class and controlled the game... 

Archived