The David Fernández Derby - Livi v Utd

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also definitely wouldn't take 8th. That would be a disaster if we finished there we've picked up 15 points in 8 games to only pick up 25 points in our next 28 games would be very poor.

Just now, AMC13 said:

I also definitely wouldn't take 8th. That would be a disaster if we finished there we've picked up 15 points in 8 games we would probably have to pick up less in our next 28 games for that to happen, that would be some collapse in the rest of the season.

I've never been in the 'i'd take 8th' camp, always thought we'd do better than that, but thought with us losing Buchanan we'd be too light up front to challenge for 4th, so we're doing better than I thought we would.

Still a way to go yet right enough but mid-table should be the least we're looking for. I'll wait till we're half way through the season before making grander expectations though. Our defence and midfield being so solid and chipping in with goals is making up for not having a prolific goal scoring striker.

14 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Worked out well in the end though. We're back where we belong, while your mickey mouse outfit and the DAB's, are currently residing in diddy-land. Thank you.

We're not at the end yet though, Dundee will be down to where they really belong soon enough, prob why you're wanting Utd to stay down here, so you get the Derby games back.

My view consistently is that anything above 8th is a good season for us (particularly now considering the cup run) . 8th should be what is expected with the two part-time teams and the rest of the full-time teams with higher budgets.

I think we're getting slightly carried away with the good performances so far, let's see how we stand after 18 games.

Getting carried away would be like Pars and St Mirren fans saying they're as good as top 4, they're only a point or 3 above us and I don't think we're def top 4 candidates................yet. There'll be a few twists and turns for everyone yet. Thinking we're better than 8th and should be mid-table at least is being pretty restrained by my usual standards.:lol:

If we're still up in the top 4 by Jan then i'll start getting slightly carried away.

1 minute ago, andylivi1 said:

Can this game just hurry up so I can forget this international weekend, thanks. 

Think yourself lucky you're not an Arab.  It's a very similar experience.

A manager that has better choices and can get more out of his players but still is tactically inept, makes subbies too late and often they're the wrong subbies.

One of the last times I was at Almondvale my son and I had to move seat as the wifie behind us kept talking about Coronation Street and how Stephen Thompson (the then player not the club chairman) looked better in the black kit.  Hopefully Saturday's experience will be better.

Archived