TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs 2017

JamieStevenson

After a successful No Mercy show, time to quickly move on and keep the momentum going with the TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs PPV. This will be a Raw exclusive PPV taking place on Sunday October 22nd 2017. This will follow the 1 hour Pre-Show, 3 hour main card format, live on the WWE Network. For ourselves that means Midnight for the Pre-Show and a 1AM start for the main card. This will take place at the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota. This will also be the 9th TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs PPV since its introduction in 2009. 

There will be a number of notable absences from this event. WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar will not be defending his title. John Cena appeared to say goodbye to the WWE Universe for the time being after losing to Roman Reigns at No Mercy. Jeff Hardy requires shoulder surgery and is likely to be out for 4-6 months. Jeff of course one of the pioneers of the TLC match that this PPV revolves around, having many legendary matches in the early noughties.

One of the major selling points of this event will be the debut of the undefeated former NXT Champion, Asuka.

Confirmed Matches:

Sasha Banks vs Alisha Fox (Kickoff Match)

Cedric Alexander and Rich Swan vs Jack Gallagher and The Brian Kendrick.

Asuka vs Emma.

Kalisto (C) vs Enzo Amore for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship.

Alexa Bliss (C) vs Mickie James for the WWE Raw Women's Championship.

The Demon (Finn Balor) vs AJ Styles.

Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Kurt Angle vs The Miz, Braun Strowman, Kane, Cesaro and Sheamus in a 5 on 3 Tables, Ladders and Chairs Match.

20171016_TLC_SashaFox--307e2137a3cefc417766e1564196c848.thumb.jpg.367f29da13a80d173f705579bf0e6d57.jpg20171016_TLC_BrainJack--91192ce65eb7d0266dc8cd5745ae6d50.thumb.jpg.295c3e422f04864218a92a5dbd566e44.jpg20171006_TLC_AsukaEmma--357d1ee0af6f4a6e3c004ebe892d401a.thumb.jpg.884cd31ca82ebfe169211f97c18951bb.jpg
20171006_TLC_EnzoKalisto--54262b1f956665a44e3760f2bfe9c41c.thumb.jpg.4be96bbe3020d50fb81c7d694fbb2b4b.jpg20170820_TLC_temp_blissmickie--5ddba720ab859c756298e2acec62cac9.thumb.jpg.6629d34288b267d440e3886bce2fb5e8.jpg20171006_TLC_DemonFinnAJStyles--04a23dc6c86913ce622b43afd6d920f8.thumb.jpg.34aaeba1e20f6b86a1d91d04a199f8af.jpg20171020_TLC_UPDATED_5on3--22baa74404eb0f9b457a8af53a63f06f.thumb.jpg.728cc71640acd5e1fd433931c04de722.jpgWWE_TLC_2017_Poster.png.00b041abe154cc583d476c9dbde8aa95.png

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I struggle to see what else they'll put on this show. I love the TLC match, it'll be full on carnage and I'm enjoying the Alexa Bliss and Mickie James feud, both capable of putting on a decent match. 

Don't care for an Asuka squash match, an Enzo match or even a Bray in drag match (assuming it's heading to that). There's not much more going on at Raw just now. To have only 2 out of 5 Championships on the line is a bold move.

The TLC match...why?  Clearly they believe that the ex-Tag team champions and the IC champion aren't a match for a trio that haven't been together in years, and are seemingly a vehicle to rehabilitate Roman Reigns.  So clearly we need a 4th guy, right?  Who we got...oh, I know, the guy who we just told you was a match for Brock Lesnar (until he wasn't).  So now Braun, Miz, Cesaro AND Sheamus, are presumably about to get jobbed out in  handicap match.  

Did Braun shit in Linda's bag or something?

How about that Kane doe.  Kane.

Pity there's no more episodes of RAW, we could end up with a 3-on-10 handicap TLC match for the Shield to go through.  Story-line wise it kind of makes sense that Kane would want revenge on Reigns after his history in Team Hell No, the Undertaker injury under the Shield and then Undertaker being retired, but had they done this last week and explained it this, it likely would have had more impact.  Without any kind of explanation, it just seems like they've got Kane in to job and take the pin.  Wonder if it'll be a one-and-done for Kane or if he's having one last run before he retires.

The main event was looking great before that fucking lump was added. Why do they always book Kane in ladder/TLC matches when he's there?! He's not exactly an ideal guy to have in such a match.

Should still be decent though that match. Disappointed there isn't a second Ladder Match in there. I'll be giving this one a total miss.

I hadn't really followed what the full card was beyond a few of the headline matches.  f**k me that is an absolutely dreadful card.  Think you're right Jamie, on track to be one of the most disappointing.  However, they don't usually deal with hype well, so maybe they'll just get the chance to have good matches...nah, it'll be shite.  Asuka squash match, women's matches with no heat, spoopy Halloween nonsense between Bray and Finn all leading up to the only match people likely want to see.  I wonder if the plan was always for Brock to sit this one out...without him, and with Miz, Ambrose and Rollins in the main event, that's the 3 main titles going undefended.  All they need is a multi-woman match with the title sitting out for a full house on shitty card bingo.

2 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

The main event was looking great before that fucking lump was added. Why do they always book Kane in ladder/TLC matches when he's there?! He's not exactly an ideal guy to have in such a match.

Should still be decent though that match. Disappointed there isn't a second Ladder Match in there. I'll be giving this one a total miss.

Now that you've said that, they've only got one stip match on the card, haven't they?  That's pish - TLC is usually the one where they throw caution to the wind and split out the stips.   Not always well, I might add, but at least it adds something to matches that often have little heat.  Would it have killed them to have put Bliss and James in a ladder match or something?  Could even play into their dreadful age storyline.  I demand a fucking Stairs match!

5 hours ago, forameus said:

Now that you've said that, they've only got one stip match on the card, haven't they?  That's pish - TLC is usually the one where they throw caution to the wind and split out the stips.   Not always well, I might add, but at least it adds something to matches that often have little heat.  Would it have killed them to have put Bliss and James in a ladder match or something?  Could even play into their dreadful age storyline.  I demand a fucking Stairs match!

No dice - unless it's a stair lift match.

Capture.thumb.JPG.42c40fce2d50583583636d32faac4139.JPG

Archived