Inverness v Peterhead - The Martin Bavidge Derby

RiG

I can easily see Peterhead winning this given our shocking run of form and the fact that we are generally shite. Just three shots and none on target show how utterly toothless we are in an attacking sense. If Peterhead do win then Robbo will be under serious pressure even this early in the season. In some bizarre macabre way I almost hope we do lose this Saturday for that very reason.

3 hours ago, RiG said:

I can easily see Peterhead winning this given our shocking run of form and the fact that we are generally shite. Just three shots and none on target show how utterly toothless we are in an attacking sense. If Peterhead do win then Robbo will be under serious pressure even this early in the season. In some bizarre macabre way I almost hope we do lose this Saturday for that very reason.

Given Houston, McIntyre and now McCulloch have gone I would say that Roberson has already outstayed his muted welcome, fact is from the Dumbarton and Queens game I've watched this is the worst team we have ever had since entering the scottish leagues.

I see our Glorious Leader of a Chairman is on the back page of today's Courier saying that there will be a renaming of the stadium once the stands are handed over.

Is this guy for real?

We have far more pressing issues with the team right now which need to be addressed rather than this non news pish.

If Rory McAllister is on form against one of his former teams we have a chance of causing an upset but after Saturday's display against Berwick Rangers I don't hold out much hope for anything other than a home win. Robbo will surely play his strongest team to try and get a morale boosting result but if he fails it could be his last game in charge. Jim McInally on the other hand could lose this by a barrow load and still keep his job. I'll guess a home win after extra time.

3 hours ago, Blue-Toon said:

If Rory McAllister is on form against one of his former teams we have a chance of causing an upset but after Saturday's display against Berwick Rangers I don't hold out much hope for anything other than a home win. Robbo will surely play his strongest team to try and get a morale boosting result but if he fails it could be his last game in charge. Jim McInally on the other hand could lose this by a barrow load and still keep his job. I'll guess a home win after extra time.

Honestly he played them last week and they were keech, as they were they week before that, and the week before that, and the week before that......................................

Hopefully.

I remember Rory when he first broke out, he was a decent and hard working player but over the few seasons he was with I seem to recall his goal scoring rate was poor for a striker, mind you he definately turned that around when he made the move to you guys.

We have been very up & down lately, Rory on his day can cause problems to any team who can forget his display in this cup against Falkirk a couple seasons ago when he scored all 5 of our goals. We also have Jason Brown in defence who was released by Caley in the summer, he has looked a decent player since joining. Meantime we can not be sure how we are going to play from week to week but if we are at our best could make things uncomfortable for Caley.

Hopefully the club close the North and South stands and shove everyone in the Main stand. No point wasting money having stands open that won't be filled. I'm still undecided if I will go to this game or not.

Guest TOPFITTER

Think I have finally lost it in a football sense, I am considering a 500 mile round trip to see the SPFL's Early Season Under-Achievers vie for an IRN BRU CUP 4th round place.  Peterhead's inconsistency is seriously trying my personal support to a couple of friends, the friendship will endure but many more insipid, clueless less than amateur performances from their Blue Toon team-mates will see me attending Balmoor and Peterhead's away games far less often.

A couple of tips  ;  Mason, just kick the ball as far away from Greig as you can, don't try and play football !!!

Russel, jumping for the ball usually requires your feet to leave the ground !!!

Paul, maybe if you just stand on Peterhead's goal-line assisting Greig ( No don't move just stand there) a shut-out

will be the result :ass:ass:ass

Gary Warren is out for this game with an injured thumb and Jake Mulreany is on international duty.

I don't know if we have any decent players in our under 21s but why not play them, especially attackers.

Mulraney being out is almost a blessing. One less sand dancer in the side. That said he's pretty much our only player with pace.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Gary Warren is out for this game with an injured thumb and Jake Mulreany is on international duty.

I don't know if we have any decent players in our under 21s but why not play them, especially attackers.

Foy impressed in one of the friendlies, he's pacy on the wing but a bit light weight wise which could be a problem in tackles, I know friendlies are a whole different ball game but he's worth a try as a sub.

And where is Andy Macrae? anybody know?

5 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I think that Caley Thistle might lose this game of football.  Caley Thistle are not very good at football.  In fact, Caley Thistle are not very good at football at all.

You're being far too optimistic.

On 05/10/2017 at 16:07, ICTChris said:

Gary Warren is out for this game with an injured thumb and Jake Mulrany is on international duty.

I've read many, how shall I put this, interesting offerings on this portal of communications varied.

Never have I struggled with the juxtaposition and the totality of such a proposition.

In times of trouble the smart money will revert to and trust in gold and my mind wanders to the investment in God and opiates in the far East?

How, in the name of the wee man, can Peterhead explain David Duguid?

Its been said that there's an east wind coming all the same, such a wind as hasn't blown on us yet.

I may just have cerebrally convinced myself that this tie might just have the capacity to entice those that seek a true and just world to participate.

12 hours ago, sophia said:

I've read many, how shall I put this, interesting offerings on this portal of communications varied.

Never have I struggled with the juxtaposition and the totality of such a proposition.

In times of trouble the smart money will revert to and trust in gold and my mind wanders to the investment in God and opiates in the far East?

How, in the name of the wee man, can Peterhead explain David Duguid?

Its been said that there's an east wind coming all the same, such a wind as hasn't blown on us yet.

I may just have cerebrally convinced myself that this tie might just have the capacity to entice those that seek a true and just world to participate.

This post dear Sophia, which seems to be veiled in allegory, has got me totally feckin perplexed, and would suggest you were deep into your cups at point of scribbling, please translate in layman's term.

thumb and Jake Mulrany  = Thumbelina ??

I spoke to Jim McInally this week and he said he felt there was no pressure on his side and its almost a free game for Peterhead. 

Would this be the last straw for John Robertson if Inverness don't win convincingly today?

Here is McInally's thoughts: https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/10/07/no-pressure-on-peterhead-according-to-boss-jim-mcinally/

7 hours ago, dafcburty said:

I spoke to Jim McInally this week and he said he felt there was no pressure on his side and its almost a free game for Peterhead. 

Would this be the last straw for John Robertson if Inverness don't win convincingly today?

Here is McInally's thoughts: https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/10/07/no-pressure-on-peterhead-according-to-boss-jim-mcinally/

So you met this guy in Tesco's Peterheed and he say's what?

Archived