St Mirren v Raith Rovers . Challenge Cup Rd 3

shull

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't give a f**k. We've lost money on our two previous games in this cup, as well as our second choice keeper to injury (after our first has already been injured). It was superb winning the trophy against Rangers at Easter Road, but since that's happened it'd only really be relevant if we have a tie against the Pars or Dundee United. The result itself doesn't bother me. If we go through, fine. But I'd rather we came through without any stupid injuries. That's far more important to us at the moment.

Even if we put out our strongest current 11, I’d reckon this will be a pretty standard win for St Mirren.  We are lacklustre in midfield just now and ropey at the back.   Theres a pretty big gap between the leagues in general, so I would imagine St Mirren will come out relatively comfortable winners.

I really really hope we play as weakened a side as possible though.  We’ve already lost 1 key player to injury in this cup, absolutely no point risking anyone else.  The league is our absolute priority.  Granted we would likely get an absolute hiding in that instance, but our squad is pushed to the limits already.  To lose someone like Barr, Vaughan or Thomson would be disaster.

We’ve won this cup before, in the absolute best possible circumstance that you can win it – not really interested in it anymore bar the odd good day out it throws up – this isn’t one, so pretty indifferent. 

I like this Cup.  We play the same teams too often and this tournament gives us something different, and the  Irish and Welsh teams refresh things even more.

As for the game I can't see us beating St Murn with our current injury crisis tho.

I like this Cup.  We play the same teams too often and this tournament gives us something different, and the  Irish and Welsh teams refresh things even more.
As for the game I can't see us beating St Murn with our current injury crisis tho.

I actually. Think Yous will beat us.

2 hours ago, elvis said:

I actually. Think Yous will beat us.

I for one am shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, to see you predicting a St Mirren defeat. You're usually such a positive, happy-go-lucky guy.

St Mirren are one of they teams that we all ready play too often.

Anyway what are the prices like for this game? Anymore than tenner for this game would be a rip-off to be honest.

St Mirren are one of they teams that we all ready play too often.

Anyway what are the prices like for this game? Anymore than tenner for this game would be a rip-off to be honest.

Even if it was free entry most folk would give it a miss. I would play the entire u-20 side for this match. If they lose 10-0 then so be it because we can't afford to risk any further injuries to the first team squad.

I predict anther St Mirren goal fest to eclipse the hiding we suffered late last season, in fact I'd urge everyone with any love for the Buddies to get themselves along pay their £10 and enjoy.

That should be enough to see a nice wee full house.:rolleyes:

Too transparent? :whistle

Archived