St Mirren v Raith Rovers . Challenge Cup Rd 3

shull

59 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

I nearly choked on my extra strong mint when Stelios was awarded MotM, he was fucking honking.

This is what happens when drunk people are allowed to make decisions.

Was it the sponsors' MotM? They usually just pick whoever they want to meet. 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Until Saints scored I think Raith’s reserves were the poorest team we’ve played in many a year.  And I include Hearts U20s from the previous round.
When we eventually scored Raith equalised within the next 20 seconds.
Saints still had the majority of play but gave away two shocking goals - the third especially.
Saints clearly thought they’d just keep playing the way they had been and score again, but Raith were ruthless when we made mistakes at the back.
I’m sure Ross DID want to win the game, but his subs were baffling.
The young no 39 was completely ineffective for the whole game, yet he stayed on for the full 90.
Think he took the safe option every single time, and when you’re playing against a packed defence that’s not going to hack it.
What this has shown is that the boys are not yet ready to step up.
Only bright spot was the outfield Ross Stewart who I thought had a decent game.
Shame to have given up the winning run in such a manner, and I would like to have stayed in the cup.
Hopefully this will spur us in to doing something we’ve not done for years - win at Dumbarton next week!

Pleasing.

2 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

Until Saints scored I think Raith’s reserves were the poorest team we’ve played in many a year.  And I include Hearts U20s from the previous round.

Saints still had the majority of play but gave away two shocking goals - the third especially.

Saints clearly thought they’d just keep playing the way they had been and score again, but Raith were ruthless when we made mistakes at the back.

The young no 39 was completely ineffective for the whole game, yet he stayed on for the full 90.

Think he took the safe option every single time, and when you’re playing against a packed defence that’s not going to hack it.

Shame to have given up the winning run in such a manner, and I would like to have stayed in the cup.

Hopefully this will spur us in to doing something we’ve not done for years - win at Dumbarton next week!

2 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Who on earth is the number 2 for St. Mirren? Runs like someone’s da in a car park. Boy’s needing to get himself to a couple of yoga classes.

5 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

I nearly choked on my extra strong mint when Stelios was awarded MotM, he was fucking honking.

This is what happens when drunk people are allowed to make decisions.

Was it the sponsors' MotM? They usually just pick whoever they want to meet. 

I'm not sure it was. In my experience the sponsors motm gets picked at the end of the game.

I've a feeling the motm that comes up on the board is voted for on social media.

I may be totally wrong here though.

Is the boy who sits on the far right of the main stand that angry every week? And if so, how do the folk around him put up with it?

He was a slavering, sweary, attention seeking mess for the whole game. I thought his Maris Piper-like head was going to explode when it went to 3-1.

Looks like it does. I'm not convinced Vaughan's doesn't take a slight touch as well.

I thought the keeper looked weak at Vaughan's goal. Fair play to Vaughan for getting it on target with his left foot, but the keeper has to do better.

On 08/10/2017 at 14:59, Ro Sham Bo said:

Looks like it does. I'm not convinced Vaughan's doesn't take a slight touch as well.

On 08/10/2017 at 14:33, Raithie said:

Is it just me or does Barr’s goal take a deflection which probably gave it that extra height out of the keepers reach.

Never noticed that at the time, thought it was just a great finish.

Still, if you don't shoot....

Archived