St Mirren v Raith Rovers . Challenge Cup Rd 3

shull

11 minutes ago, Smeato said:

Ah well. League's the focus definitely. Put out a team of fringe players and it shows, pretty crap game all in.

Onwards and upwards!

What you cheated and slung some fringe players in?

This feels so worthless and hollow now.....oh hang on we were 7 players short of what we had in the opening game too.

Still didn't see that one coming though tbh.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More upset about losing the game than I am about going out this shite competition. (That makes sense in my head: to clarify, I think winning is a habit, and I'd rather continue to win. But not fussed that we'll not be in the next round of this.)

Good luck Raith, with this and the league.

Looking forward to the media articles saying this result proves League One sides should be allowed in the Championship.

League One sides are allowed in the Championship... via winning the league or the playoffs.

What do you expect the media articles to say? That both leagues should be merged? Why would they ever say that?

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

League One sides are allowed in the Championship... via winning the league or the playoffs.

What do you expect the media articles to say? That both leagues should be merged? Why would they ever say that?

It was a joke because they jump on any glimmer of a result to push their agenda for colt teams.

Superb performance made even better by the commentators on St Mirren TV [emoji23]

Thought Watson and McKay were excellent and Berry didn't put a foot wrong. Can only be a positive for us that they got games.

St Mirren maybe had 7/8 out but we were missing 6 starters and playing our right back at left back with Court, at 21, the most experienced player on the bench.

Meh lot of changes and a pretty much 2nd string out. We struggled to break down a solid Raith defence.

Only surprise for me was Raith sat back and didn't go for it more. Thought we were there for the taking as it proved when they went forward!

Defence still a horror show so nothing new there. Thought big Stewart looked good, Stelios a bit more himself. That's it really.

Also anyone in W3 I hope your ear drums aren't as burst as mine from some woman shouting and mouthing off at everything!

Meh lot of changes and a pretty much 2nd string out. We struggled to break down a solid Raith defence.

Only surprise for me was Raith sat back and didn't go for it more. Thought we were there for the taking as it proved when they went forward!

Defence still a horror show so nothing new there. Thought big Stewart looked good, Stelios a bit more himself. That's it really.

Also anyone in W3 I hope your ear drums aren't as burst as mine from some woman shouting and mouthing off at everything!

Is stelios a fans favourite? I was convinced the commentators were going to explode with excitement everytime he got the ball.

Fair play to Smith and the team for getting to the next round.  I'm still quite apathetic towards the competition, but hopefully we can draw something to give us something to add to the budget a little. The most important thing now is that we both bounce back in the league, and that we don't have any injuries from today.  Looking forward to seeing our goals.  

Well that's 90 mins of my life that I won't get back. What a pile of utter shite from start to finish. Half hearted effort at best from Saints and no sense of urgency or tempo to our play.

Thank f**k we won't have to watch any more of this fizzy pop cup, it's dire. Good luck to Raith in the next round as they took their chances and we didn't look interested.

1 minute ago, Big Berk said:

Chic Young's excuse was St Murn had 7 players out, but failed to mention we had 6 out, the biased b*****d.

That's not being biased - it's just plain ignorance on his part. Been that way all his life.

8 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

That's not being biased - it's just plain ignorance on his part. Been that way all his life.

I'd be shocked if Chick Young could even name 7 St Mirren players to be honest, never mind 6 Raith players.

Archived