Next Manager To Be Sacked

Who's next to go?  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Canning could lose every remaining game this season (which wouldn't surprise me TBH) and he still wouldn't be sacked.

Would be lovely if that came true though.

We’re already ahead of the 2 shite teams that beat us at the start of the season and are getting better every week. I think McCann will be safe.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Would be lovely if that came true though.

We’re already ahead of the 2 shite teams that beat us at the start of the season and are getting better every week. I think McCann will be safe.

I also think Nelms quite likes McCann so he's probably got a bit of time to get it right (as long as he doesn't go full Hartley and start falling out with everyone)

If the title of the thread was renamed who's next to go I would think Archibald was a strong contender, but unless he or Canning decide to leave their posts I think the strong favourite to be "sacked" is Pedro as I think most fans of football throughout Scotland have a feeling the knives have been sharpened in relation to him since day 1 of this season.

Im assuming everyone voting Archie isn't a Thistle fan. He is only leaving us when a team from England approaches him that he actually fancies. 

This will only happen if he's doing well and making a team with a small budget do better than they should. I.e. Like last seasons top 6 or at worst keeping us in premiership.

I don't get why people think he's safe and unsackable? Could he walk?

Surely if by end of October we are still winless, clearly bottom and lose some very winnable upcoming matches the board will need to take action?

I am a huge fan of Archie and what he has achieved this past 4-5 years but it would be pretty devastating for us to go down with the new investment in youth academy, the young squad and contracts we've also put in place.

The question is who would be a replacement to keep us up?

My hope is we pump Killie and go on a run up the league. Mon the Jags!

Thistle will get points on the board I reckon.

Killie will do their usual where they'll just appoint their interim manager (from within) after a bounce and they'll be out in two or three months. Just depends how long Pedro can hold on and the contract he's been given.

Im assuming everyone voting Archie isn't a Thistle fan. He is only leaving us when a team from England approaches him that he actually fancies. 

Aye, I could only see Archie getting punted if we go down and look in real danger of going down again.

He'll be going when he decides to.

Caixinha for me. He's at the club with the most delusional fanbase whose side are furthest away from where they expect to be (competing with Celtic). Their fans aren't really known for their patience either.

Archibald's got credit in the bank with Thistle, he's brought in a load of new players over the summer and at the moment they're 4 points off safety so they're not exactly miles off. Their Top 6 finish last season was some result but prior to that they'd finished 10th, 8th and 9th so a similar finish is still more than achievable especially as they've still got Killie, Dundee and Accies to play in this round of fixtures. They're games they'd have been targeting as wins and if they do it brings them right back into the mix, then again if he loses those games it's (obviously) a different scenario.

I still think it'd take Archibald to walk (much like McCall with us) rather than Thistle sacking him.

No disrespect but in his current plight of 0 wins in 13 games, I wouldn't expect anyone to come calling soon.

If the title of the thread was renamed who's next to go I would think Archibald was a strong contender, but unless he or Canning decide to leave their posts I think the strong favourite to be "sacked" is Pedro as I think most fans of football throughout Scotland have a feeling the knives have been sharpened in relation to him since day 1 of this season.
In that case the only one to actually be "sacked" so far this season is McIntyre.....

17 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

In that case the only one to actually be "sacked" so far this season is McIntyre.....

For a poster on here who seems to have some intellect , I feel your being naive in thinking Jig was'nt sacked , clubs use the " both parties have mutually decided to part" as a respectful way to sever the professional relationship between the said parties, but unless a manager has chosen to offer his resignation it can be not only assumed but accepted that he has been removed from his managerial post when he wished to continue.

For a poster on here who seems to have some intellect , I feel your being naive in thinking Jig was'nt sacked , clubs use the " both parties have mutually decided to part" as a respectful way to sever the professional relationship between the said parties, but unless a manager has chosen to offer his resignation it can be not only assumed but accepted that he has been removed from his managerial post when he wished to continue.
Clearly you haven't seen or read Bowie's interview, he stated he had no intention of getting rid of McCulloch, but when McCulloch stated he felt he couldn't turn things around both parties mutually agreed his termination, thats more a resignation than a sacking.....

Archived