Kilimarnock's Next Permanent Manager

Kilmarnock's Next Manager  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

I have questioned the financial viability of this coming to fruition. Steve Clarke has taken this post imo to repair some of the unwarranted criticism he has endured down south after his time at West Brom & Reading , blah, blah, fucking blah, my club has been duped by a Nigerian prince, blah, blah, bollocks and pish, Paul MacDonald, betting odds and Scottish teams never hiring external managers, blah, blah, my Christmas is ruined, blah. 

http://dwigif.com/view/ooT3Xjj

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 08:28, happyaccie said:

Let me explain something to you why would I stake £50 against your £50 when I can still freely get a £600 return for my £50 stake with various bookmakers, I may be wrong in my belief that McDonald is in a stronger position to become the manager than all the others who have been interviewed , but I know for a fact the value bet for me is with the bookmakers and not Monsieur Dindeleux.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 09:15, happyaccie said:

Until the new man is unveiled I'm only optimistic it will be McDonald.I have just applied a bit of recent history to make McDonald the front runner if you can't accept factual evidence then no matter what I say , you will stubbornly maintain I am wrong. All I am saying is with the way clubs over the last 7/8 years made appointments of managerial posts I think most of them took the same route as the appointment at Rugby Park appears to be taking. Clubs such as Thistle prior to Archie Accies prior to Canning Hearts prior to Avril all announced they werge delighted with the quality and quantity of applications and after much tooing & frooing these 3 clubs took the cheapest option available, unless Kilmarnock are prepared to buck the trend I see Kilmarnock appointing from within, using that logic and with McDonald already in situ as caretaker manager I then scouted around most bookmakers to avail myself of the best odds possible, if I'm wrong it will reduce my spending capabilities and Christmas will therefore be on a shoestring budget this year , but if I am correct I will have a joyous & prosperous festival period.

giphy.gif

Congratulations Killie. That's a better appointment than anyone could have expected especially considering the other names linked. It's hilarious to see the likes of happyaccie flip flop around his embarrassment as well.

From the outside - it appears to be one of the most ambitious managerial moves a club in Scotland has made for quite some time.

I'm absolutely delighted. For once not one Killie fan I've seen is disagreeing or grumbling about our board's choice and given some of our choices recently you'd maybe forgive us for moaning about a lot of things.

When County gave McIntyre the auld tin tack I praised them for getting Owen Coyle in a matter of days. That's the way it should be done - scour the field for the best man available, approach him and offer whatever it takes to get him signed. Alright, it took a wee bit longer than I'd have liked it to, but we've sorted it out now.

I know it may be a bit hyperbolic but I believe that this appointment could be just as crucial as when Tommy Burns arrived at Rugby Park. I know things were a lot worse when he joined but without him there's no way we'd be where we are now. I'm not expecting us to go on and win the league or back to back cups but if he can sort out our current omnishambles of a playing staff then build on that and aim for top six/Europe with a few cup runs in the mix then I'll be happy.

Oh, and HappyAccie - sort your life out

Cracking appointment of a manager most people would have thought was out of most Scottish club's financial league just days after Hamilton get conned out of £750,000.  Kudos Killie.

Cracking appointment of a manager most people would have thought was out of most Scottish club's financial league just days after Hamilton get conned out of £750,000.  Kudos Killie.

Is that an accusation?...

Archived