It had to end sometime - Celtic v Dundee 14th Oct

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, The OP said:

That wasn't what you asserted though was it? You asserted the OBAF Act was brought about because of said complaints (complaints which you previously characterised as 'campaigning').

Complaining/campaigning against Rangers while thinking that they wouldn't be targeted.  

10 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Not available on my tablet for some reason.

That explains it, feel a bit dicky now.

12 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Oh and by the way, f**k the SNP.

They were only meant to target sevco!!!

29 minutes ago, bennett said:

Complaining/campaigning against Rangers while thinking that they wouldn't be targeted.  

That explains it, feel a bit dicky now.

They were only meant to target sevco!!!

No source then.

sigh-gif.gif

6 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

All Dundonians have an offensive accent and should also fall foul of the offensive behaviour at football and threatening communications (Scotland) Act 2012, imo.

I have always thought that using the word ‘minter’ is a bit of a riddy.

I think you'll find most football fans in this country, those that regularly go to games that is vehemently oppose it
Vast swathes of supporters from all over the country and several different sides support its repeal, the Fans Against Criminalisation group whom I follow on twitter and have contributed to have fans of a dozen clubs making up its main players, submitting feedback, articles and information to Holyrood and the appeals committee.
You tend to find those supporting it are the ill informed, those who see it as a personal campaign on big bad nasty Celtic and Rangers fans and thick gullible SNP voting wankers who swallow  the bullshit, arrogant rhetoric from p***ks like Kenny MacAskill and Michael Matheson. 

What a lot of fucking shite.

I know so many people that go to games every week and I've not once heard this being discussed. Not once.

Celtic and their fans producing this banner is an absolute embarrassment, and shows that section of the support to be utter fandans who are in a huff cause they're getting into trouble for their own shite behaviour.

Not surprised to see you come away with utter shite like this though, as I have absolutely no doubt that you're one of the losers that feels this way.

Gotta say, I didn't know Dundee supporters loved whataboutery so much. They could be our main rivals if they keep this stuff up. 
"They shouldn't have challenged for the dropped ball" "Eh whit about the time a couple of folk sang about a deid soldier near a stadium in Sunderland". 

That disgusting song has been sung many, many times. Not just in Sunderland.

7 hours ago, Yenitit said:

^^^^^

clueless

Ok scenario for you to digest , opposing player in your penalty area heads ball as your defender challenges for the ball , your defender in challenging for the ball makes contact with the ball deviating the angle of the header of attacking player, in his challenge to defend the aerial ball your defenders momentum after heading ball makes him collide accidently with the attacker, do you agree with the ref's decision to award a penalty against your team ? 

That disgusting song has been sung many, many times. Not just in Sunderland.

I hope you have evidence of this. The video of the lads in Sunderland singing it was the first I've heard of it. I've still never heard in person. Either post the video evidence of the many many times or stop making up shite stories

What a lot of fucking shite.

I know so many people that go to games every week and I've not once heard this being discussed. Not once.

A few guys and their dugs at Gayfield are hardly representative of the Scottish Premiership though are they? The league that has the majority of attending fans in Scotland ????

I hope you have evidence of this. The video of the lads in Sunderland singing it was the first I've heard of it. I've still never heard in person. Either post the video evidence of the many many times or stop making up shite stories

I’ve heard it in person. Shortly after the boy was butchered I was on the 5 O’clock train from Dundee to Glasgow after Celtic played United in a lunch time kick off. It was sung constantly all the way to Glasgow. I could hardly believe my ears. Given how ugly and aggressive the situation was I didn’t think videoing it was the smart thing to do. Sorry about that. You can disbelieve me and continue to live in denial if you want.

Are you honestly saying you think that Lee Rigby isn’t drumming any more has only been sung once, that being in Sunderland?

A few guys and their dugs at Gayfield are hardly representative of the Scottish Premiership though are they? The league that has the majority of attending fans in Scotland ????

I had someone make this point to me the other day on twitter. There might only be 750 people at Gayfield every week but there's still police. Even if there are only 750 people there if someone was an arsehole singing about the IRA the police would know all about it.

In my office I have countless number of Dundee and Dundee United fans that I discuss football with every fucking day and it's not been mentioned once. Same with fans of Rangers/Aberdeen and St Johnstone. Even the Celtic fans I know and speak to that go every week don't talk about it, because nobody cares except for the p***ks misbehaving.

If you don't act like an arsehole at the football you'll not have to bother about it.

I’ve heard it in person. Shortly after the boy was butchered I was on the 5 O’clock train from Dundee to Glasgow after Celtic played United in a lunch time kick off. It was sung constantly all the way to Glasgow. I could hardly believe my ears. Given how ugly and aggressive the situation was I didn’t think videoing it was the smart thing to do. Sorry about that. You can disbelieve me and continue to live in denial if you want.

Are you honestly saying you think that Lee Rigby isn’t drumming any more has only been sung once, that being in Sunderland?

I don't doubt that there are a bunch of wee fannies that sing that song but considering I'm a season ticket holder and go to the odd away game and never heard it, I refuse to believe it's as common as you're making out.

What I'm more interested in is why it's suddenly been brought up in this thread which is about Celtic beating Dundee 1-0 on Saturday where the song was definitely not sung.

Basically, Celtic won a game of football and the fans were well behaved in a pretty tame match. Instead of accepting defeat like men, we have had countless pages because of one song about Neil McCann, a non offensive nothing banner and Lee Rigby. Fucking grow up the lot of you, it's a game of football ffs.

Archived