It had to end sometime - Celtic v Dundee 14th Oct

43 minutes ago, The OP said:

They criminalise behaviour at or on the way to a football match which would not be criminalised in any other setting. They also criminalise behaviours which do not meet the 'harm principle'. The Act allows an officer to deem that a behaviour might have potentially been offensive even if no-one was actually offended. 

I'm not making banners or anything, but it's a pish piece of legislation. 

Celtic fans campaigned long and hard for sevco fans to be punished for offensive songs while they continued to sing and chant similar songs.

The law applies to everyone, deal with it.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I have no problem with criticising the SNP. But Celtic fans aren't criticising them for poorly drafting this, they're criticising them because they want to be able to sing songs they shouldn't be singing without getting into trouble.

There's absolutely no way Labour or the Tories would change this law either, so the witch hunt on the SNP is ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure the intention is to do just that. They might be doing it as a 'GIRUY, you've not got a majority' but still...

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Celtic fans campaigned long and hard for sevco fans to be punished for offensive songs while they continued to sing and chant similar songs.

The law applies to everyone, deal with it.

Source?

Source?

The intention is to do what?

Change it? I don't for one second believe that would actually happen.

The jokers amongst the Celtic support singing about getting the Brits out of Ireland and then voting for the British Unionist parties because some of them get in trouble for singing bad songs every now and then. Singing songs they can't help themselves singing because they believe so strongly in the Irish oppression cause and hate British imperialism so much.

Morals all over the place. [emoji1]

It was a kneejerk vote-grab after the 1-0 game where Steven Whittaker, Madjiid Bougerra and Diouf were sent off, Lennon pulled an angry face and Mark Wilson knocked out Sasa Papac with his 1st shot before scoring with the follow up. One of the biggest legislative overreactions in Scottish parliamentary history. 

Fixed.

(It was on Sky Sports 10mins ago).

34 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Looked like there were seast nearer the front in your own section. Just get a ticket for the home end next time, problem solved.

He'd have to put up with the rank BO if he did that.

1 hour ago, Tartantony said:

Well your day wasn't much different from mine, I had to turn up and sit behind a pole and miss some moments in the match. I heard one moment of Secterian singing and that was around the 67th minute when there was a reference to EBT McCann being a particular colour of b*****d. Did that really upset you? I did happen to look over towards you a few times and couldn't help but notice a massive French flag up the back of the stand. Not sure what relevance it has at a football match in Scotland but I didn't run off crying and raging about it. Just gave it a wee glance and got back to watching the game before getting on with my life again.

Probably because it's the same colours Dundee play in. 

The mindset has me absolutely seething. And it's not just people saying it, there's been numerous banners now. It's an absolute joke.

Some of the pish Celtic fans are coming away with on social media is frightening.

I think you need to find another passion in life then if you get this seething over a bunch of fannies at the football.

Remember the GB only has about 1000 members at the game, they don't speak for all Celtic fans. Well they certainly don't speak for me anyway.

I think you need to find another passion in life then if you get this seething over a bunch of fannies at the football.

Remember the GB only has about 1000 members at the game, they don't speak for all Celtic fans. Well they certainly don't speak for me anyway.

A handful of posts about it and I need to find other passions? Wtf.

And of course they don't but they're clearly very influential and clearly backed by a large section of your support. Which is scary, as they're absolute fannies on a regular basis. When they're good though and stick to football they're superb, some fantastic displays over the years.

Shame the other stuff ruins it and makes your club and its support look stupid.

Good to read the "ordinary Celtic fans" condemnation of their actions though. I'll wait.

1 hour ago, Tartantony said:

I did happen to look over towards you a few times and couldn't help but notice a massive French flag up the back of the stand. 

Its not a French flag, its the flag of the Dens Derry. Thank you.

33 minutes ago, jakedee said:

Good to read the "ordinary Celtic fans" condemnation of their actions though. I'll wait.

A group not speaking for me =/= me requiring to condemn a group for their actions. I saw the banner from my seat, got their point, didn’t think the Act affects me but took no issue with their decision to spend their money on producing the banner.

What is it with Dundee fans, most weeks the diddies have a bit of banter etc, accept their defeat and move on but Celtic/Dundee threads always descend in chaos. So far we’ve had dead babies and decapitated soldiers mentioned, and it’s only Sunday.

Because c***s like you were let back in?

You know fine well who Daviebhoy is. I'm pretty sure he was banned for the post and I'm also pretty sure you played your part on the thread at the time. There was no need to bring it up so stop acting like a greeting faced wee child because your team lost a game of football against the invincibles.

He actually wasn't banned for that post but for losing the plot in a previous Dundee-Celtic thread (along with Drew Brees who was emptied out temporarily at the same time).

Its not a French flag, its the flag of the Dens Derry. Thank you.

Fair enough, as I said I didn't give a f**k, just happened to notice what looked like a France flag.

Myself and a few of the other Celtic lads on here have correctly condemned them when it's been required.

I don't have an opinion on Saturdays display so I don't feel like condemnation is required on this occasion tbh

You know fine well who Daviebhoy is. I'm pretty sure he was banned for the post and I'm also pretty sure you played your part on the thread at the time. There was no need to bring it up so stop acting like a greeting faced wee child because your team lost a game of football against the invincibles.

The invincibles?

That doesn't include Europe or matches again Gibraltar pub teams then?

Archived